Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ryzen 9 7900 Based Dedicated Server From Contabo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Ryzen 9 7900 Based Dedicated Server From Contabo

contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2023 in News

We are proud to announce a new addition to our Dedicated Server line-up – the AMD Ryzen 12 Cores running on the Ryzen 9 7900 processor! Priced from an unbeatable €79.98 / month, this entry-level product aims to revolutionize the dedicated server industry, combining efficiency with affordability.

To celebrate this release, we are rolling out several special promotions across our entire product range. Among these, you can enjoy:

Take advantage of this time-limited opportunity to experience the state-of-the-art Ryzen 9 7900 servers before they become mainstream!

Thanked by 1Ympker

Comments

• WOW

Thanked by 1contabo_m
  • Yo I ardently am a fan boy of Ryzen 7000 series, but can' not afford the dedi anyway
    Can some kind heart lads share the benchmark with me?

• Offer price does not include drives, but still very cheap with drives. What is the catch?

• @Murata_Chink_Best said: Can some kind heart lads share the benchmark with me?

Not this new offer, but here is a yabs for Ryzen 9 7900 by another provider: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3697043/#Comment_3697043

@contabo_m

Finally a great offer of yours, esp. with the availability in all your locations!

Thanked by 1Murata_Chink_Best
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@contabo_m said:
    We are proud to announce a new addition to our Dedicated Server line-up – the AMD Ryzen 12 Cores running on the Ryzen 9 7900 processor! Priced from an unbeatable €69.99 / month, this entry-level product aims to revolutionize the dedicated server industry, combining efficiency with affordability.

To celebrate this release, we are rolling out several special promotions across our entire product range. Among these, you can enjoy:

Take advantage of this time-limited opportunity to experience the state-of-the-art Ryzen 9 7900 servers before they become mainstream!

Seems like RAID cannot be chosen when picking NVMe drives. Works fine with SSDs.

Thanked by 2OhJohn emgh
  • Where is US East hosted in Contabo? NY or WDC? I'm looking for something in WDC/VA

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If the base config would include a disk, that would be nice.

• Why a ryzen 9 7th gen costs the same like an outlet server with i7 1st gen?

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited September 2023

@stryker09 said: Where is US East hosted in Contabo? NY or WDC? I'm looking for something in WDC/VA

In NY region (probably NJ?). They have NY, St. Louis and Seattle.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited September 2023

Priced from an unbeatable €69.99 / month

False advertising. and I hope mods will do something about it.
    There is no way to get this server at €69.99 / month.
    Base offer doesn't include disks and you cannot order without paying more than stated as "priced from X".

Next up they'll remove RAM from base option and say "priced from €19.99 / month".

If you cannot sell working machine at X price, you dont say pricing starts from X price. Simple.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2023

@AXYZE said: False advertising. and I hope mods will do something about it.

on top of that Home › News ›. This is clearly an offer post.

@AXYZE said: Base offer doesn't include disks and you cannot order without paying more than stated as "priced from X".

Maybe if you ask support they can deploy it manually without form and forced disk... and you can just RAMdisk shit! /s

• You should also need to work for your current clients.
    Most of your vps nodes are oversold in these days.
    When someone ask for move to other node you just waste time instead of moving vps to other node.

• @labze said: Seems like RAID cannot be chosen when picking NVMe drives. Works fine with SSDs.

Plus you cannot choose SW Raid 10 even with 4 drives... The order form needs some improvements ;)

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@OhJohn said:

@labze said: Seems like RAID cannot be chosen when picking NVMe drives. Works fine with SSDs.

Plus you cannot choose SW Raid 10 even with 4 drives... The order form needs some improvements ;)

I contacted their sales in regards to this, apparently their system does not support automatic RAID on NVMe drives for some reason so that has to be manually setup.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Apparently 70 EUR converts to 90 USD. Extra 20% conversion fee.

Thanked by 2niranjan pangkus
  • @CyberneticTitan said:
    Apparently 70 EUR converts to 90 USD. Extra 20% conversion fee.

I believe their pricing is fixed and doesn't use EUR as a base currency. So 90 USD is the price regardless what the EUR/USD exchange rate will be in the future.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited September 2023

No port/bandwidth upgrade options it seems?

And can you clarify this:

Do you really offer 32 TB of network transfer in Singapore?
    Yes, you get unlimited network transfer on 100 Mbit/s bandwidth which is a massive 32 > TB downstream a month included. Upstream is unlimited and unmetered.

So outbound traffic is free but inbound counts against our 32TB?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@artxs said: I believe their pricing is fixed and doesn't use EUR as a base currency. So 90 USD is the price regardless what the EUR/USD exchange rate will be in the future.

On the contrary, they use Eur as a base, we are doing the same, therefore a large margin to protect against sudden forex rate changes is taken. Any customer should be able to pay in Eur, even if based in the US, their bank will do the exchange at the rate of the time.

I can understand how this is complicated and needs adjusting for corporate customers, but those could afford the USD cost, even at 20%+ difference because accounting and stuff might cost more.

• Lu5ckLu5ck Member
    edited December 2023

Singapore 7900 is so oversold that the network is crazy laggy at night

Thanked by 1stvna
  • You are in which timezone?

Server or Network issue?

• Lu5ckLu5ck Member
    edited December 2023

best: {below: 50, key: 'best-latency', class: 'best', name: 'Best Latency'}
    good: {below: 150, key: 'good-latency', class: 'good', name: 'Good Latency'}
    great: {below: 50, key: 'great-latency', class: 'great', name: 'Great Latency'}
    none: {key: 'good-latency', class: 'none', name: 'Good Latency'}

Lol. They now even hide the ping if it exceed 150 on their website, then give a fake "Good Latency" label.

@hapkido said:
    You are in which timezone?

Server or Network issue?

Singapore.

• It is indeed False advertising, maybe LET can do something about this @DP ?

• @Lu5ck said:
    Singapore 7900 is so oversold that the network is crazy laggy at night

yes you are right --- crazy laggy at night--contabo oversell

• @contabo_m Its been more than a week since I could access my server with SSH or any other way. The server is actively running, but I couldn't access it. I tried all DIY and KB methods. It says the connection timed out, and Contabo Support says there is some issue and maintenance going on at my server location, and please don't contact us again for same reason till it is resolved. 😐

• @deepsgo said:
    @contabo_m Its been more than a week since I could access my server with SSH or any other way. The server is actively running, but I couldn't access it. I tried all DIY and KB methods. It says the connection timed out, and Contabo Support says there is some issue and maintenance going on at my server location, and please don't contact us again for same reason till it is resolved. 😐

:D

• Don't laugh, brother. 😑😅, Can somebody help me with this thing? This was my demo testing the EU server for a Python script, and I forgot to download the logs of my script. I need that file.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@AXYZE said:

Priced from an unbeatable €69.99 / month

False advertising. and I hope mods will do something about it.
    Base offer doesn't include disks and you cannot order without paying more than stated as "priced from X".

Next up they'll remove RAM from base option and say "priced from €19.99 / month".

If you cannot sell working machine at X price, you dont say pricing starts from X price. Simple.

@WhiteRoseG said:
    It is indeed False advertising, maybe LET can do something about this @DP ?

Yeah, clearly this advertisement lacks clarity when it comes to conveying the product's base specification and pricing information.

It says it starts from €69.99, but there's no way to get it at that configuration and price, since it doesn't come with a disk :smiley:

The cheapest configuration you can possibly end up with would be €79.98, and that's if you opt for the 1TB SSD (€9.99).

I'll update the price in the OP for now.

If I've made a mistake, please let me know ✌️

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@AXYZE said:
    False advertising. ...

At least not practically. I agree, that's misleading.

And it's not at all necessary because if, supposed, they threw in a 480 GB SSD and sold the thing for €74.99, it still would be a very attractive offer!

Well, whatever, my first thoughts wrt the product itself:

Plus:

• obviously an attractive price
    • basically 1 month for free if paid annually
    • an attractive set of (almost) global locations

Minus:

• Promo ad shitfuckery and needlessly at that
    • Insane IP4 addon price (€3.50)

Unclear: They offer IPMI/KVM access at additional cost, so how are customers supposed to setup/config their server? Unless they have a satisfying answer to that I'd see that as a show stopper.

Hunch: they want to grow and want to use as stair step an "optimized" offer. "Optimized" as in "strip the product almost completely down so as to make an very attractive offer possible" (and then add on even normal things like disks and IPMI at a price).

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @DP

Cheapest averaged out monthly cost would be €74,14666666666667 if I’m not way off, adding the 1TB SSD but paying yearly

I’m not very keen on the ”advertise a monthly price and require yearly payment” so your price makes more sense, but ~€74 anyway is how cheap this can get with a single SSD

@jsg

I agree 100 %. The offer is good enough, no need for nonsense. The LET community, especially those that’d be interested in a dedi like this, aren’t going to be fooled by such advertising I don’t think

Better to just have the starting price and base config include double NVMe drives in RAID1, and have yearly payment as well as removing one of the drives simply discount the advertised price

Thanked by 1jsg
  • emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

AMD Ryzen 9 7900
    64 GB REG ECC (128 GB for €19.99 extra)
    2 x 1 TB NVMe SSD (upgrades and downgrades avaliable)
    32 TB Bandwidth (inbound excluded)

€95.97 / mo paid monthly or €90.14 / mo paid anually

@contabo_m next time I’ll bill you