Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

P.M. - What do I do on this list? - sorry sorta long
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

P.M. - What do I do on this list? - sorry sorta long

I'll try to make this short as possible
Not sure what happened wrong...
I have used them in the past and they have great services.

on the 22nd
Pulsedmedia started a sale, I ordered a server. The link to the server was wrong and I purchased it.

I put in a sales ticket asking for a refund, I was hoping to order a different server from them.

I was not aware that they were aware that the links were wrong and I contacted them on discord in a DM, because you know.. that's where I communicate with some of you.

I did not know sending a DM was harassment. I just figured if there was a big error like that he would want to know, also wanted to get my ticket solved asap so that I could grab a server, before they were sold out.

In the ticket part, they respond to me this. "the links were wrong on the thread. refund to credit?"

I was not sure if Pulsedmedia had a refund policy or if all sales were final...

The "refund to credit" part was not a complete sentence, I was not sure about the refund policy, so I asked... Do you want me to chargeback?

At the time, I didn't think anything wrong of it.

Then they publicly announced in their thread that I harassed them due to the message on discord. I also threatened them with a chargeback.

None of you other host has ever told me when I was threatening you by sending you a DM. If I knew I would've stopped.

I don't care about buying the server anymore, but in the email.

It says that my profile was deactivated. It also says that If I ever spend money in the EU, it refreshes the time I have to wait for my profile to be good again in 10 years.
If I spend money in the National areas, it refreshes 3 years that I spend money.

I assume my WHMCS profile? I guess they must've put me on some bad person list?

What kind of watchlist did I get put on? I am not allowed to make online transactions? Shouldn't this be illegal...?

I don't exactly know what I can do here.

I am disabled and can't leave my home, playing with servers is my main hobby. I have been stripped of my freedom/hobby by this company.

I have some servers and domains for renewal, but I can't spend money, since I am on the watchlist? And all I did wrong was send a DM and ask a question about chargeback, since the "refund to credit" was not a complete sentence.

Seriously, this watchlist that watches every cent I spend is bothering me a lot.

Comments

• This should’ve ended like this instead.

“Refund to credit? “
    No, to original payment method.
    “Ok, done”

Thanked by 3emgh bdl PulsedMedia
  • @jmaxwell said:
    This should’ve ended like this instead.

“Refund to credit? “
    No, to original payment method.
    “Ok, done”

I forgot, I should've included that they did refund me through original method.

I just want off this list somehow.

• @Nanja said: they did refund me through original method

you got your money back... move on!

not enough drama on this post :/

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @marian said:

@Nanja said: they did refund me through original method

you got your money back... move on!

not enough drama on this post :/

Yes, but I can't make payments online currently. Else it resets whatever list I am on.

• Is that “list” working anyway? Are you not able to make payments ?

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited September 2023

@jmaxwell said:
    Is that “list” working anyway? Are you not able to make payments ?

I can make payments, but according to the email everytime I make a payment to the EU my 10 years gets reset. I know that lots of companies have a list that is linked that they follow through the WHMCS.

Not exactly sure how the list works, I know that some companies see you on certain list. They won't allow you to purchase from them too.

Sure this is drama, but how do I get out of it?

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

MAXMIND
    FRAUDLABS
    FRAUDRECORD

Sorry, forgot the name of it, there's a module where providers share reports of clients with each other

Thanked by 2marian PulsedMedia
  • @emgh said:
    MAXMIND
    FRAUDLABS
    FRAUDRECORD

Sorry, forgot the name of it, there's a module where providers share reports of clients with each other

Thanks, looking up how to search myself on this.
    Over dumb stuff.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I never heard about this penalty list and from my point of view seems to be a false statement. Maybe any other provider with WHMCS experience could confirm this.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@Nanja said: In the ticket part, they respond to me this. "the links were wrong on the thread. refund to credit?"

The "refund to credit" part was not a complete sentence, I was not sure about the refund policy, so I asked... Do you want me to chargeback?

This is the problem though, they're right - you threatened them. There was zero reason to. Most companies try to get away with account credit, you should have just said "No, I'd prefer a refund to my original payment method, thank you"

Thanked by 2jsg PulsedMedia
  • @emgh said:

@Nanja said: In the ticket part, they respond to me this. "the links were wrong on the thread. refund to credit?"

This is the problem though, they're right - you threatened them. There was zero reason to. Most companies try to get away with account credit, you should have just said "No, I'd prefer a refund to my original payment method, thank you"

I genuinely thought it was a legitimate question. My thought process was that they were telling me I needed to refund it my self. I don't have a refund button? So I could only ask if they meant they wanted me to chargeback.

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@Nanja said:

@emgh said:

I genuinely thought it was a legitimate question. My thought process was that they were telling me I needed to refund it my self. I don't have a refund button? So I could only ask if they meant they wanted me to chargeback.

Unfortunate language barrier I guess, I'd guess they though you were threatening with a chargeback (it's the last thing providers want)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I wonder how it fits in with their privacy policy: https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Pulsed_Media_Privacy_Policy

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Why didn't you just agree to this since you mentioned you were "hoping to order a different server from them" anyways?

@Nanja said: Do you want me to chargeback?

Do you even know what a "chargeback" means?

If you don't, sorry, but I find that extremely hard to believe, but while it might be a reasonable inquiry to you, most, if not all, providers will get triggered if and when they receive that question, since it does sound somewhat threatening.

Personally, I wouldn't classify this as a "language barrier" because your written English seems fine.

@Nanja said: all I did wrong was send a DM and ask a question about chargeback, since the "refund to credit" was not a complete sentence.

How was it not a complete sentence?

In my opinion, "refund to credit?" was a straightforward and simple question.

Also, sharing screenshots of your ticket/communication with the provider could provide additional clarity.

Just my 2 cents ✌️

Thanked by 2jsg PulsedMedia
  • @marian said:
    I wonder how it fits in with their privacy policy: https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Pulsed_Media_Privacy_Policy

The moment you even mention “chargeback”, all such policies and ethics are thrown out of the window. You are officially an “excommunicado”

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited September 2023

@DP said:

Why didn't you just agree to this since you mentioned you were "hoping to order a different server from them" anyways?

@Nanja said: Do you want me to chargeback?

Do you even know what a "chargeback" means?

If you don't, sorry, but I find that extremely hard to believe, but while it might be a reasonable inquiry to you, most, if not all, providers will get triggered if and when they receive that question, since it does sound somewhat threatening.

Personally, I wouldn't classify this as a "language barrier" because your written English seems fine.

@Nanja said: all I did wrong was send a DM and ask a question about chargeback, since the "refund to credit" was not a complete sentence.

How was it not a complete sentence?

In my opinion, "refund to credit?" was a straightforward and simple question.

Also, sharing screenshots of your ticket/communication with the provider could provide additional clarity.

Just my 2 cents ✌️

no screenshots, they deactivated my account before I could. I can give you response they gave me through email.
    After I told them about wrong purchase

I was confused and asked if they meant chargeback.

Then I asked if I misunderstood them, that was ignored.
    During this time I also asked if credit could go to my pulsedmedia account since it's credit for the other server.

Then I receive this.

Then I realize that I am on some list for him to monitor my transactions. I probably got put on fraud because I misunderstood.
    It says that I can't spend money in EU or National places, else my time will be reset for my profile. I am guessing it's to be removed from fraud.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited September 2023

@Nanja said:
    Then I receive this.

Then I realize that I am on some list for him to monitor my transactions. I probably got put on fraud because I misunderstood.
    It says that I can't spend money in EU or National places, else my time will be reset for my profile. I am guessing it's to be removed from fraud.

Yeah, there's a strong language barrier in here.

They mean "10 years from your last invoice in Pulsed Media." Not from any service at all in the EU.
    This doesn't show any hint of you being added to any fraud records. So you should be fine, you just can't order on PM for now.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @DP said:

Post above makes me doubt that right now, as much as I understand the "chargeback" word can be triggering for providers.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Sorry, earlier I said I was disabled and can't leave house and only play with servers because of it.

My disability affects my communication. I live in the US, it's just my brain process information wrong sometimes.

Sometimes, I can't to talk properly, it all depends.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited September 2023

Point is, based on the response of the ticket, you don't seem to be in trouble. You can order from other providers just as fine since they didn't mention that they added you to any fraud records, just that they've disabled your profile on WHMCS, but data will be removed in ~10 years, starting from your last invoice with Pulsed Media, which by then you can order a new service with them, unless they decide to revert this decision.

It should not affect you, since they are monitoring your transactions with other providers.

@PulsedMedia should be able to clarify this if they want to.

• Reading the response again, it seems to hint that "You can order with this account in ~10 years once this information has been removed, or you can create a new account already if you want to." Not sure if I'm understanding that right as it doesn't make much sense.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @JeDaYoshi said:
    Reading the response again, it seems to hint that "You can order with this account in ~10 years once this information has been removed, or you can create a new account already if you want to." Not sure if I'm understanding that right as it doesn't make much sense.

Think they made it pretty clear they don't want me. :)

• Saying chargeback just to ask for refund is a no-no with providers....

Chargeback add cost to provider by the payment processor...their account with payment processor might even be suspended...

Hence,do not say you want to chargeback when you only want your money return to you and you still want to do business with the provider...

Chargeback may only be use when the provider didnt provide what has been promised/paid, AND after all communication with the provider has been done and after a certain period of time...as a last resort only...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Now I'm curious about the "harassing staff" part.

Since you no longer have access to your account and you can't share the communication exchanges you had, maybe @PulsedMedia can shed some light on this :smiley:

Thanked by 2anda PulsedMedia
  • @DP said:
    Now I'm curious about the "harassing staff" part.

Since you no longer have access to your account and you can't share the communication exchanges you had, maybe @PulsedMedia can shed some light on this :smiley:

I sent a message in discord, image posted in start of thread.

And I said this.

I contacted them too much.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited September 2023

@Nanja said:

Then I receive this.

This means you can get your billing account reactivated if you want and order new services or create a new account. Reactivation will be possible for 10 years from now.

European laws require the data to be retained for a minimum of 10 years. After that it can be removed. National requirement (in Finland I guess) is minimum 3 years. So if you decide to get it reactivated and ordered something and then it got deactivated again, that 10 year period gets reset.

• @jmaxwell said:

@Nanja said:

Then I receive this.

This means you can get your billing account reactivated if you want and order new services. European laws require the data to be retained for a minimum of 10 years. After that it can be removed. National requirement (in Finland I guess) is minimum 3 years. So if you decide to get it reactivated and ordered something and then it got deactivated again, that 10 year period gets reset.

I don't think I will bother this company anymore, I already created too many problems from misunderstanding.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Edited slightly ^^

• I think the problem here is that you are not aware what "chargeback" actually means.
    Asking a provider if they want you to do a chargeback is like asking someone "do you want me to shoot you in the face with a gun?". It does not matter how politely you ask it, it will still be considered a threat.

Just to clearify, chargeback does not just mean "put the money back". Chargeback means that you are accusing the provider of not delivering what they promised and you demand your money back. You are basically telling the payment processor that you have been scammed by the provider and that they should withdraw the payment. The provider will be fined and get a negative score with the payment processor.

And you are not on a "list", you are simply not welcome to do business with Pulsed Media for the next 10 years. Pulsed Media can of course not stop you from doing business with anyone else.

Thanked by 4bdl martheen jsg Void
  • Thanked by 1PulsedMedia