Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodePing Christmas special - buy 6 months get 1 month free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodePing Christmas special - buy 6 months get 1 month free

NodePing server monitoring service is extending a special Christmas offer to the LET community.

15-day free trial to get you started. If you like it, pay for 6 months and we'll throw in an extra month of service for free. It applies to any of our monitoring plans, which start at $8/month. Sign up using this link.

Our service includes unlimited international SMS and voice alerts as well as 18 check types including RBL, SMTP, and SSH. In addition to monitoring from North America and Europe, we're launching a new monitoring region (East Asia/Oceania) in January.

Now go get some eggnog... we'll watch your websites and servers.

Merry Christmas to all.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Been a while since I have used this, I liked the interface but not the accuracy is it producing any meaningful data when things are down now or can I still expect to get false positives because reasons?

Would like to try it again but wont waste my time if its the same.

• AnthonySmith said: Would like to try it again but wont waste my time if its the same.

I don't know when you tried NodePing and had such trouble but we'd be happy to offer you a new trial to kick the tires.

It was around a year ago.

If something is down does it provide any data or does it just say it is down, I suppose that is my question?

Like I say I loved your interface but I just got so many false positives from your service I was losing sleep.

Ant.

• AnthonySmith said: If something is down does it provide any data or does it just say it is down

We're an external monitoring service so there's only so much we can know about the 'down' event. We do give the type of failure, depending on the check type. For instance, with a 'ping' check, we will tell you if it timed out or if the name resolution failed, etc.

AnthonySmith said: I just got so many false positives from your service I was losing sleep.

Our system can be configured to be very sensitive or rather tolerant of short-lived network or service issues. If you're getting a lot of flapping, give us a holler and we can help tune your check configuration so you only get the alerts you want.

Ok thanks anyway, ICMP based monitoring is as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike and no tracert, mtr triggered report (as other services do) on down time means it is a false positive.

Thanks anyway but I like my sleep.