Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firstlight Colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Firstlight Colo

I'm thinking of doing some colo with https://firstlight.net. They don't seem to be well known, and I can't find any reviews or mentions of them. Does anyone have either a positive or negative experience with them that I should know about?

Comments

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Just ask yourself if you are screwed if they go belly up or steal your gear. I'm not saying they will but sometimes it's worth spending a bit extra or going with a known company.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

They are very well known within their region, and they have an extensive owned fiber network. These guys are probably safer than half the colocation companies mentioned around here! ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member
    edited September 2023

They're more safe than almost 95% of the companies on here.

Okami

• @PureVoltage said:
    Just ask yourself if you are screwed if they go belly up or steal your gear. I'm not saying they will but sometimes it's worth spending a bit extra or going with a known company.

They are a bit more, but not that much. Still trying to drill down on the exact details of power budget and bandwidth on their per-U pricing, but their half cabinet pricing is right in line with what I've seen of other providers on here.