Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Reliable 5 or 10 Gbps VPS Providers in Specific Regions & CN2 GIA in LA/Hong Kong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking Reliable 5 or 10 Gbps VPS Providers in Specific Regions & CN2 GIA in LA/Hong Kong

Greetings,

I am in search of robust and reliable VPS providers that offer 5 or 10 Gbps port speed in specific regions—namely Eastern Europe, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore. It has come to my attention that some providers claim to offer 10 Gbps speed but unfortunately fail to meet this criterion when put to the test.

Additionally, I am also on the lookout for CN2 GIA services based in either Los Angeles or Hong Kong.

In terms of technical specifications, I am primarily interested in VPS with KVM virtualization and at least 2 GB of RAM. My focus is squarely on port speed, as that is the critical factor for my requirements.

If you have had positive experiences with VPS providers meeting these criteria or have valuable insights into this matter, your recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• I mean I believe unless very recently changed hosthatch offers 10 gigabit shared in both Singapore and Hong Kong but idk if any VPS provider who will guarantee 10 gigabit dedicated unless you are willing to spend a ton.

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

Do you have any budget?

• Reliable 2 Gbps is also good enough. I had a couple of instances where I purchased a 10 Gbps in Turkey and it could barely reach 600 Mbps.
    Thanks

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited September 2023

Port Speed =/= Actual Bandwidth. If you're going to be connecting from the US to Turkey then obviously you wont get 10Gbps, because that's how the internet works.

Also if you're going to be doing encryption/compression on those connections the CPU will get involved. Encrypting/Authenticating 10Gbps is going to take quite a bit of CPU power, even with AES-NI or using a fast stream cipher like ChaCha20.

Also, if you're using this VPS as a VPN server take note that there is another layer of packet routing and NAT overhead that will take another core or two, OpenVPN in particular probably will not be able to handle it very well at all.

Thanked by 1houmie
  • houmiehoumie Member
    edited September 2023

@ehhthing said:
    Port Speed =/= Actual Bandwidth. If you're going to be connecting from the US to Turkey then obviously you wont get 10Gbps, because that's how the internet works.

Also if you're going to be doing encryption/compression on those connections the CPU will get involved. Encrypting/Authenticating 10Gbps is going to take quite a bit of CPU power, even with AES-NI or using a fast stream cipher like ChaCha20.

Also, if you're using this VPS as a VPN server take note that there is another layer of packet routing and NAT overhead that will take another core or two, OpenVPN in particular probably will not be able to handle it very well at all.

Thank you for the valuable information; you are absolutely correct. I apologise for any lack of clarity on my part. To elaborate, I ran the YABS test (available at https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script) on a VPS located in Turkey, and it failed to achieve even 600 Mbps when tested against sites in close proximity. Another example is PQ.hosting, which claims to offer 10 Gbps on their Ireland server. When I conducted a YABS test, the connection only reached 100 Mbps to London, which is also in close proximity. Why is it so slow?

The issue arises when too many customers are connected to the same port, causing a significant reduction in speed. Therefore, while finding a provider that actually offers 10 Gbps might be challenging, the goal is to find one that can at least provide a decent port speed on a VPS with 2 or 3 CPUs. :smile:

• @houmie said:

@ehhthing said:

Thank you for the valuable information; you are absolutely correct. I apologise for any lack of clarity on my part. To elaborate, I ran the YABS test (available at https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script) on a VPS located in Turkey, and it failed to achieve even 600 Mbps when tested against sites in close proximity. Another example is PQ.hosting, which claims to offer 10 Gbps on their Ireland server. When I conducted a YABS test, the connection only reached 100 Mbps to London, which is also in close proximity. Why is it so slow?

The issue arises when too many customers are connected to the same port, causing a significant reduction in speed. Therefore, while finding a provider that actually offers 10 Gbps might be challenging, the goal is to find one that can at least provide a decent port speed on a VPS with 2 or 3 CPUs. :smile:

I've done a YABS in the past for pq.hosting Ireland and it got more than 3Gbit/s to London. YABS

• @zGato said:
    I've done a YABS in the past for pq.hosting Ireland and it got more than 3Gbit/s to London. YABS

Thank you for posting this. I really don't understand how you reached that. Look at my YABS below. My server has twice as much memory and CPU than yours and the speed is at 100Mbps. I wasn't exaggerating when I said that earlier.

In the meanwhile I have found GreenCloud as a 10 Gbps provider, and Worldbus in Turkey. If you guys know any other provider, please let me know. Thanks

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Fri 22 Sep 16:47:25 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 39 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697A v4 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2596.990 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 29.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-21-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Stark Industries Solutions LTD
    ASN        : AS44477 STARK INDUSTRIES SOLUTIONS LTD
    Host       : Stark Industries Solutions LTD
    Location   : Dublin, Leinster (L)
    Country    : Ireland

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.97 MB/s      (742) | 47.70 MB/s     (745)
    Write      | 2.98 MB/s      (746) | 47.97 MB/s     (749)
    Total      | 5.95 MB/s     (1.4k) | 95.67 MB/s    (1.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 357.89 MB/s    (699) | 719.44 MB/s    (702)
    Write      | 376.91 MB/s    (736) | 767.36 MB/s    (749)
    Total      | 734.81 MB/s   (1.4k) | 1.48 GB/s     (1.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 110 Mbits/sec   | 35.6 Mbits/sec  | 10.9 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 111 Mbits/sec   | 24.5 Mbits/sec  | 26.2 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | --
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 110 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | 8.98 Mbits/sec  | 62.0 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 105 Mbits/sec   | 4.66 Mbits/sec  | 120 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 102 Mbits/sec   | 5.64 Mbits/sec  | 145 ms

Geekbench 6 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

YABS completed in 29 min 37 sec

• @houmie said:

You can try contacting them. Still I would recommend you staying away from them. They're doing shady stuff and known to not be a very "legal" provider.

Thanked by 1houmie
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

We do have 10G+ servers in Turkey, Singapore, and many locations, but the price isn't in the LET range.

YABS test results for Turkey are below:

aveline@tr-ist01-p01:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Fri Sep 22 21:14:10 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 44 days, 24 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3312.006 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 943.7 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 15.0 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-10-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Misaka Network
    ASN        : AS35487 Misaka Network, Inc.
    Host       : Misaka Network, Inc.
    Location   : Istanbul, Istanbul (34)
    Country    : Turkey

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 121.06 MB/s  (30.2k) | 244.37 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Write      | 121.38 MB/s  (30.3k) | 245.66 MB/s   (3.8k)
    Total      | 242.45 MB/s  (60.6k) | 490.04 MB/s   (7.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 176.04 MB/s    (343) | 231.47 MB/s    (226)
    Write      | 185.40 MB/s    (362) | 246.89 MB/s    (241)
    Total      | 361.45 MB/s    (705) | 478.36 MB/s    (467)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.74 Gbits/sec  | 2.80 Gbits/sec  | 59.1 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 5.15 Gbits/sec  | 5.57 Gbits/sec  | 45.7 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 51.9 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.70 Gbits/sec  | 2.68 Gbits/sec  | 128 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.39 Gbits/sec  | 1.30 Gbits/sec  | 134 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 166 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 907 Mbits/sec   | 975 Mbits/sec   | 192 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.88 Gbits/sec  | 3.89 Gbits/sec  | 59.3 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 5.22 Gbits/sec  | 6.00 Gbits/sec  | 52.5 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 51.8 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.61 Gbits/sec  | 3.97 Gbits/sec  | 128 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.33 Gbits/sec  | 1.69 Gbits/sec  | 135 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 1.31 Gbits/sec  | 166 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 862 Mbits/sec   | 1.07 Gbits/sec  | 192 ms

Geekbench test failed and low memory was detected. Add at least 1GB of SWAP or use GB4 instead (higher compatibility with low memory systems).

YABS completed in 10 min 55 sec

• Thank you. You have there some interesting locations. I couldn't see Turkey as an option on your website though. Maybe it's new and not yet added?

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@houmie said:
    Thank you. You have there some interesting locations. I couldn't see Turkey as an option on your website though. Maybe it's new and not yet added?

These are edge locations where we don't have a redundant network or our own equipment, so they're usually not listed on our website. You can find them after logging in.