Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replaced Router with Cisco Layer 3 Switch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Replaced Router with Cisco Layer 3 Switch

LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Just wanted everyone to be aware that I replaced the cheap Linux router I was using with a Cisco layer 3 switch. For the last month or so we had been experiencing some packet loss but now there is 0% packet loss so the network is more stable now.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2023

For the last year, yes.
    I did ticked you multiple times, no fix until my service expired.

The Ticket as usual got auto closed again.

edit: The Ticket is actually exactly 1 Year old, down to this day and was auto closed twice.

Thanked by 3Not_Oles ExonHost emgh
  • @Neoon said:
    For the last year, yes.

That's bad. Thank you for heads up.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles emgh
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:
    For the last year, yes.

edit: The Ticket is actually exactly 1 Year old, down to this day and was auto closed twice.

It only gets auto closed when there is no further response from the client. And one year ago would have been on a different network where I was having to rate limit clients because I was only on a 100 Mbps network. One year later it's now a completely different situation.

• Still seeing frequent service interruptions. Times in CDT...

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • @storm said:
    Still seeing frequent service interruptions. Times in CDT...

@storm said:

Submit a ticket and let me have a look.

• In March, I tried to put the company website on it. After 4 o'clock in the Western United States, the network would always be stuck. I hope it can be improved this time.

• @LittleCreek There are still lost and dropped connections, especially uploads, please fix this immediately

Thanked by 1sangatsetia

@tisubodas said:

@LittleCreek There are still lost and dropped connections, especially uploads, please fix this immediately

Please submit a ticket so I know which VPS to look at.

@jingfanqin said:
    In March, I tried to put the company website on it. After 4 o'clock in the Western United States, the network would always be stuck. I hope it can be improved this time.

Please submit a ticket so I know which VPS to look at.

• @jingfanqin said:
    In March, I tried to put the company website on it. After 4 o'clock in the Western United States, the network would always be stuck. I hope it can be improved this time.

I'm also on the west coast having the same issue, I'm sure it's now fixed. Give it another shot.

• @LittleCreek said:
    Just wanted everyone to be aware that I replaced the cheap Linux router I was using with a Cisco layer 3 switch. For the last month or so we had been experiencing some packet loss but now there is 0% packet loss so the network is more stable now.

Seems to be fixed for me. Great job!