Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to deal with (possible) users who "loose" their 2FA - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to deal with (possible) users who "loose" their 2FA

2»

Comments

• If you change 2FA app or reinstall it, the whole story is gone if you dont recognize the password.

Guys, why should i use 2FA and securliy safe the keys, if i have to save them with a random password again?
    Just use a 35 letter nummeric special keys password and it wont be hacked that fast.

Why should i have to secure my things more and more, if even the hoster cant do it better and getting hacked randomly and explore the database?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Maybe just require phone number to activate 2FA? As a backup?

• @SplitIce said:
    @hades_corps please do tag me if you review them.

Sure!

On the topic of recovering 2FA, in the Western world, post offices usually have verified identity service. I remember UPS (USA) has such service. In Germany, I was asked to verify with Deutsche Post/DHL.

In APAC, sending each other a photo of ID is really common, it's pretty much worthless. There are probably hundreds of people with a copy of my local ID already. Nowaday, companies require biometrics, mostly a video of different angles doing certain actions, or video pronouncing certain words, or selfie with ID and written paper with number/date...

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hades_corps said:
    On the topic of recovering 2FA, in the Western world, post offices usually have verified identity service. I remember UPS (USA) has such service.

Banks in USA can verify a customer by sending a first class letter via USPS (not UPS) that contains a 8-digit number.
    Customer then calls the bank and reads back the number.

I don't enable 2FA anywhere.
    When bank cannot trust me enough by my verbal answers and text message codes, they'll send the letter.

• Just ban any customer that repeatedly uses "loose" wrong. It'll save you so many future headaches...

When you politely correct people on lose vs loose and they still keep doing it wrong for years, they confirm they are goddamn idiots not worth your time.