Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS transfer: $21 year, 4GB, 80GB, 3TB, 4 cores, OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS transfer: $21 year, 4GB, 80GB, 3TB, 4 cores, OpenVZ

I'm selling my VPS hosted by ChicagoVPS for 10€, specifications follow.

• 4GB RAM
  • 80 GB HDD
  • 3TB / month
  • 4 cores (Intel Xeon E5-2660 v2 @ 2.20GHz)
  • OS Debian 11.1 x86_64
  • kernel 3.16.0 on OpenVZ virtualization
  • expires on September 28th 2023
  • renews at $21 / year perpetual
  • location Atlanta, GA

Customer support from ChicagoVPS is slow, crappy, and trigger happy to delete user data, so engage them with care, but the server itself is flawless and I've used it for a decade. The web panel shows the OS version is Debian 8 and the location is Los Angeles, but I manually updated the OS to Debian 11 and asked to be moved to Atlanta.

Payment via PayPal, SEPA or BTC.

Thanked by 1priest

Comments

• Best I can I do is $1.5 and I'm taking huge risk here

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@johndeo983 said:

Best I can I do is $1.5 and I'm taking huge risk here

By the way the chosen currency is the fairy Euro (€), bearing the authentic autograph of Lagarde, paladin of justice, equity, and other imaginary charms...

No American dollars accepted, the conversion fee is too high.

• what provider is this with?

• With ChicagoVPS @babywhale

• Hopefully @EthernetServers will manage to give me a replacement in the EU before this VPS expires. Goddammit.

• 1€/Day, nice.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited September 2023

@babywhale said:
    what provider is this with?

You're so young ... :)

I actually miss Chris F.
    To make fun out of him every now and then if not else ...

• @Mumbly said:

I actually miss Chris F.

Who manages the company now?

I have the impression the current staff handles multiple provider brands.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited September 2023

@davide said: Who manages the company now?

ChicagoVPS was acquired by ColoCrossing. If memory serves correct Deluxe (who owned CC) was acquired by Host Papa not so long time ago.

Chris Fabozzi work as Datacenter Sales Manager for ColoCrossing.

Yes, CC handles multiple provider brands (ChicagoVPS, Hudson Valley Host...) and Host Papa acquired +20 hosting companies in the recent years.

• @Mumbly said:

@babywhale said:
    what provider is this with?

I actually miss Chris F.

my bad i thought that was the location lol

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

ChicagoVPS has server in multiple locations, no idea why they put Chicago in their brand name.
    Kinda like PotomacVPS... is it gonna be a VPS hosting boat, hauling sugar canes for extra revenue?

• I was just told from customer support that ChicagoVPS supports an official transfer procedure for free, the only requirement for the buyer is to create an account at chicagovps.net and have me reassign the VPS to him.

• Price drop to 8€ PayPal SEPA BTC. I won't bother with this further.

• 5€ ABSOLUTE LAST OFFER!

I just bought an LXC from @c1vhosting, works great, super cheap for the specs.

This OpenVZ that I'm selling has twice the specs for that price, I got it by mistake from customer support who doubled my VPS memory and CPU count by mistake... it became registered to my account as a custom offer that I renewed for years. This VPS is a fat-finger typo! I mean, 4GB, 4 cores for $21, who sells that? It's a freaking error that belongs to me, and I can sell it.

I'd keep using it but I need a presence in the EU now for fucking regulatory restrictions so I can't keep it. I mean I could but it would be pointless.

• Hello Davide, I will take it, sounds good to me

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@shodanx55 Good, I'll make it available today. Create an account at ChicagoVPS and send me an identifier via PM, such as the account email. I'll create a support ticket for the transfer with that ID.

You can send the Big Money €€€ to [email protected] via PayPal friend & family (no commercial services), 5€ (EUR).

We'll see.

• @shodanx55 is dead in the water.

• @davide said:
    @shodanx55 is dead in the water.

:D

• Hi,

I requested to create an account with Chicagovps without creating an order

Currently waiting on their support team to answer back

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

The VPS is ready to be transferred now, I finished deleted all personal data in it in case you want to use it as-is, or you can rebuild it from a virgin image provided by ChicagoVPS, but they are outdated so you'd have to apt-get upgrade it a few times from Debian 8 to 11. There is Debian 11 in it now.

• If getting an account w/o an order is hard I can just give you the account, it doesn't have any info apart from email and pass. Then you can change these.

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@shodanx55 died again, VPS is available.

5€.

• @davide said:
    @shodanx55 died again, VPS is available.

5€.

LMAO

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

A good customer should at least buy before dying. He can die in peace afterwards o:)

Someone asks the doctor if he can sign this. I can hold his hand if needed. Quick the priest is waiting.

• Hi there,
    I still have not heard back from chicagovps
    Yes, just handing over the account is fine with me

I will send payment now and send the account credentials to my paypal account's email

• sent, wow paypal took a 2.46 euro fee on top

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@shodanx55

I got the money, the redesigned PayPal website no longer shows the email address of private persons, is it OK if I send the credentials over PM?

@shodanx55 said:
    sent, wow paypal took a 2.46 euro fee on top

:o why?!

• I think he's an ephemeral spirit.

Anyone knows how to invoke him?

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

Scooby Scooby Dooo
    where are you.

Tomorrow I'll go to a sorcerer to try to connect and talk to him.