Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for unmetered bandwidth server in Europe, no DMCA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for unmetered bandwidth server in Europe, no DMCA

Hey,

I’m looking for a new provider to host my file sharing service https://file.haus on. Right now I have my dedicated server with Calin of iHostART, but because of the amount of traffic the site gets it’s very slow right now.
Looking for something with unmetered bandwidth, high RAM/CPU preferred, and is DMCA-free. The more bandwidth speeds (e.g. 1gbps over 100mbps) the better.

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Storage requirements ?

• sillycatsillycat Member
    edited September 2023

Maybe a Dedicated KVM Slice + Storage Slab from BuyVM? @Francisco

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

thanks.

for dedicated servers we can do that.

If you need some storage i only can offer you next week:

HP Gen9 Server
    Dual Intel XEON E5-2680v3
    24cores, 48threads
    128GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    4x 2TB SSD
    1Gbit unmetered

175,- € per month

Or what are the requirements for dedicated servers?

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • worldbusworldbus Member, Patron Provider

If you own a subnet, we can offer you up to 10Gbps (European Providers) connection port in Turkey through BGP.

• @phin said:
    The more bandwidth speeds (e.g. 1gbps over 100mbps) the better.

How 1gbps over 100mbps?

• @keshwarsingh said:
    How 1gbps over 100mbps?

I believe they just meant that they would prefer 1Gbps instead of 100Mbps.

• Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

Check out our dedicated servers at https://hostshield.net/dedicated-servers.
    If you find a server that suits your needs, please let us know, and we'll assist you further with your selection and ordering process.
    Regards

• @phin said: Looking for something with unmetered bandwidth, high RAM/CPU preferred, and is DMCA-free. The more bandwidth speeds (e.g. 1gbps over 100mbps) the better.

>

DM with budget.

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

@phin said:
    Hey,

I’m looking for a new provider to host my file sharing service https://file.haus on. Right now I have my dedicated server with Calin of iHostART, but because of the amount of traffic the site gets it’s very slow right now.
    Looking for something with unmetered bandwidth, high RAM/CPU preferred, and is DMCA-free. The more bandwidth speeds (e.g. 1gbps over 100mbps) the better.

We have UK VPS's on offer with Unmetered BW over 1Gbit (shared line of course). If needed we can also sort out Dedicated Servers. Currently have a Dedicated server over a 1Gbit line on offer if you're interested, its already setup and ready to go so instant setup.

Take a look at the United Kingdom tab on our homepage, https://www.mlnl.host/ and DM me if interested.

• BuyVM Slice + Slab seems like a great fit

Although you’ll have to get a big enough slice for your bandwidth usage or Fran will secretly limit your speeds

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Hello @phin

You can review our offer to see if it will satisfy your needs:

CPU: Dual E5-2670v3(24 cores)
    RAM: 96GB DDR4
    DRIVE: 1TB SSD / 2×3TB HDD
    PORT: 1Gbps
    BANDWIDTH: 1Gbps unmetered
    IPV4/IPV6: /32 /64
    ROOT ACCESS: SSH, Panel
    IPMI: v.2
    FREE SETUP: ✓
    24×7 SUPPORT: ✓
    DMCA-free

Price: 160$

You can contact us with the link to this thread via this email: [email protected]

• for you it's better a cloud solutions

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

In general we forward DMCA requests and you need to answer these requests and need to delete the files if necessary.

You can find the instant available servers (also the servers with flatrate) on https://avoro.eu/de/instant-dedicated/

• neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

@PHP_Friends said:
    In general we forward DMCA requests and you need to answer these requests and need to delete the files if necessary.

You can find the instant available servers (also the servers with flatrate) on https://avoro.eu/de/instant-dedicated/

I'm sorry, I do not want to be rude.
    But I do not think hosting any public file host in Germany is a good idea. Not only you will have to care about DMCA(very much), but also things like speech or WW2 things, something as simple as a swastika is a no-go.

A friend used to run a file hosting site and was getting bombared with requests from German Govt to even take memes down. Also a bunch of other European agencies asking for takedown of archival ISIS videos and stuff like that.

I very appreciate that you took a route of forwarding and not instantly suspending, and I'm sure you are great for other usecases. I just don't think its suitable for OP.

Thanked by 1sasslik

@neckbreaker said:

@PHP_Friends said:

But I do not think hosting any public file host in Germany is a good idea. Not only you will have to care about DMCA(very much), but also things like speech or WW2 things, something as simple as a swastika is a no-go.

A friend used to run a file hosting site and was getting bombared with requests from German Govt to even take memes down.

I very appreciate that you took a route of forwarding and not instantly suspending, and I'm sure you are great for other usecases. I just don't think its suitable for OP.

That's anyone's decision, I strongly doubt that any EU member state is really DMCA free.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@PHP_Friends said: That's anyone's decision, I strongly doubt that any EU member state is really DMCA free.

>

Go on Romania

Thanked by 1Zyra
    edited September 2023

@PHP_Friends said:

@neckbreaker said:

@PHP_Friends said:

A friend used to run a file hosting site and was getting bombared with requests from German Govt to even take memes down.

That's anyone's decision, I strongly doubt that any EU member state is really DMCA free.

I do not want to get in to politics, but generally you are mostly right.

@Calin said:

@PHP_Friends said: That's anyone's decision, I strongly doubt that any EU member state is really DMCA free.

>

Go on Romania

I dont know for Romania in detail, but for example Netherlands (which is regularly titled here as DMCA free) I can immediately think of two cases where this was not the case. I think that leads here too far, so we can go back to topic :D

edited September 2023

@PHP_Friends said: but for example Netherlands (which is regularly titled here as DMCA free) I can immediately think of two cases where this was not the case

Tell that to Ecatel.

Actually, speaking of them;
    https://novogara.com/
    https://evoluso.com/ (NL/Stream loc is Ecatel)

May work great ;)

And a vouch for my guys, vsys, hostslick, terrahost - will serve you well, and you wont have to deal with Reinier.

• RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

Hello, we can provide the following :

• Intel Xeon Processor - 24 Cores
    • 128 GB RAM
    • 2 TB Samsung Evo NVMe
    • iDRAC Access - Upload and Install your Own ISO
    • No Setup Fee
    • We accept Paypal, Bitcoins, Credit/Debit Cards, ApplePay
    • Gigabit Network Speed
    • Unlimited Bandwidth
    • 99% Uptime Guarantee
    • Delivery within 2 hrs

$169 pm - no contract

Thanked by 1pdalancer
  • @PHP_Friends said:

DMCA applies only to companies located in US or US companies doing business everywhere so if you chose an EU company with services in EU is DMCA free.
    This doesn't mean piracy free, we have our own laws

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @SirNeo said: DMCA applies only to companies located in US or US companies

Yes, but most European hosts handle it in the same way as any US company would.

@SirNeo said: This doesn't mean piracy free, we have our own laws

• Staying with iHostART as i got all the problems fixed, thanks though

• @vsys_host said:
    Hello @phin

You can review our offer to see if it will satisfy your needs:

CPU: Dual E5-2670v3(24 cores)
    RAM: 96GB DDR4
    DRIVE: 1TB SSD / 2×3TB HDD
    PORT: 1Gbps
    BANDWIDTH: 1Gbps unmetered
    IPV4/IPV6: /32 /64
    ROOT ACCESS: SSH, Panel
    IPMI: v.2
    FREE SETUP: ✓
    24×7 SUPPORT: ✓
    DMCA-free

Price: 160$

You can contact us with the link to this thread via this email: [email protected]

Could definitely be good as a secondary server, I’ll think about it

Thanked by 1vsys_host
  • @neckbreaker said:

@PHP_Friends said:

A friend used to run a file hosting site and was getting bombared with requests from German Govt to even take memes down. Also a bunch of other European agencies asking for takedown of archival ISIS videos and stuff like that.

Oh yeah, that’s a given.
    I’m a very free-speech oriented person and file.haus represents this. The German government has a lot of things banned (e.g. swastikas, certain WWII things, other materials) and I don’t take any of that down.