Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS providers (EU zone) who offer routed ipv6 (really routed) to setup my own 6to4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS providers (EU zone) who offer routed ipv6 (really routed) to setup my own 6to4

Hi LET community,

I've been using HE and tunnelbroker.ch for a while. I would like to setup my own 6to4 tunnel. I'm using BuyVM now and it's fine. Problem is: the vps is not ddos protected + hard to add extra additional ipv4.

My requirements:

• good customer service (really had bad experience with GMBH ones )
  • KVM
  • 1-2 core CPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • 30+GB SSD/nvme storage
  • 250+Mbit/s network, decent connectivity, unlimited or high limits for traffic(8TB+).
  • Single on-link static public clean IPv4 address (no NAT, local 10.x.x.x mappings, etc.)
  • easy to add/change extra additional ipv4
  • Routed /48 or /56 IPv6 subnet (really routed, no on-link mess)
  • DDOS protection
  • Located in EU
  • Painless billing (netcup has the worst billing so far)
  • Reputable and stable provider, at least several years on market
  • Budget is around 10 USD/m

Note: I prefer not use any vps provider with a GMBH trademark. I really had bad experience with their support. iFog, Hetzner, and couple more. They just don't care about the customer. No, I'm not doing any email spamming, ip spoofing, torrent or anything. This server serves as a small vpn/dns(doh) + 6to4 tunnel for personal usage .

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame subset with EU location and not gmbh:

• BuyVM
    • GINERNET
    • Terrahost
    • Clouvider
    • Stratagem Hosting
    • Hazi ro
    • Lite Server
    • HostHatch 😚
    • Skhron 😚

The 😚 symbol indicates providers that I have personally tested, but not necessarily in EU location.

• @yoursunny said:

• BuyVM
    • GINERNET
    • Terrahost
    • Clouvider
    • Stratagem Hosting
    • Hazi ro
    • Lite Server
    • HostHatch 😚
    • Skhron 😚

The 😚 symbol indicates providers that I have personally tested, but not necessarily in EU location.

Thanks for the list. I checked all of them and some don't offer high traffic. (HostHatch, GINERNET, )

if you know any gmbh which yourself used them and were ok, I appreciate if you add to the list.

• Some of those above (hosthatch, clouvider/inceptionhosting...) don't want to have anything with "ddos protected" clientele which is fine by me (more stable service for me) but it could be another limitation for you.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Thanks for tagging @yoursunny.
    Our packages come with 10TB/month at 1Gbps (best effort) and then unlimited at 100Mbps.
    About the DDoS protection, it is an in-house solution that has dealt with us brilliantly so far, but we cannot guarantee much for it because it is a free solution offered to our clients, with strict limitations.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said: About the DDoS protection, it is an in-house solution

Aren't your bandwidth capacity too low to handle incoming DDoS attacks?

Thanked by 2RapToN fluffernutter
  • try racknerd vps in france or germany.

• @JasonM said:
    try racknerd vps in france or germany.

racknerd is expensive. 20$ for 1GB vps and 1TB.

@tentor said:

@FlorinMarian said: About the DDoS protection, it is an in-house solution

Aren't your bandwidth capacity too low to handle incoming DDoS attacks?

Most (common) DDoS attacks use a few IP addresses that actually consume traffic, that's why I also specified that we can control spoofed IP addresses, attempts to abuse TCP flags, exhaustion of a certain port and others like that.
    I am aware that in the case of a Botnet with hundreds/thousands of IP addresses, the entire infrastructure would be down, but that is the case with most of the providers here.
    As long as I don't sell game servers, I don't think it's worth investing in a better protection than that, considering the prices at which we sell our resources.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said: Most (common) DDoS attacks use a few IP addresses that actually consume traffic

Well within low end segment you may be right (I have no doubt in your observations), however I would like to disagree that you can really name this service even as basic DDoS protection.

Generally, DDoS attacks in most cases are amplification ones - as you can see, DNS is the most popular method. As you can see at wiki, DNS DDoS attack method has amplification factor of up to 179, which means that if attacker consumes 100Mbit of their bandwidth, the victim will receive up to 17.9Gbps of junk traffic.

This is why I have asked you about bandwidth capacity. Amplification attacks are cheap to launch unlike botnets but may be harmful due to bandwidth consumption.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian

@tentor said:

@FlorinMarian said: Most (common) DDoS attacks use a few IP addresses that actually consume traffic

Well within low end segment you may be right (I have no doubt in your observations), however I would like to disagree that you can really name this service even as basic DDoS protection.

Generally, DDoS attacks in most cases are amplification ones - as you can see, DNS is the most popular method. As you can see at wiki, DNS DDoS attack method has amplification factor of up to 179, which means that if attacker consumes 100Mbit of their bandwidth, the victim will receive up to 17.9Gbps of junk traffic.

This is why I have asked you about bandwidth capacity. Amplification attacks are cheap to launch unlike botnets but may be harmful due to bandwidth consumption.

Network capacity is 11Gbps if we take into considerations both ISPs.

Thanked by 2tentor vincento
  • @vincento said:
    Hi LET community,

I've been using HE and tunnelbroker.ch for a while. I would like to setup my own 6to4 tunnel. I'm using BuyVM now and it's fine. Problem is: the vps is not ddos protected + hard to add extra additional ipv4.

My requirements:

• good customer service (really had bad experience with GMBH ones )
    • KVM
    • 1-2 core CPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • 30+GB SSD/nvme storage
    • 250+Mbit/s network, decent connectivity, unlimited or high limits for traffic(8TB+).
    • Single on-link static public clean IPv4 address (no NAT, local 10.x.x.x mappings, etc.)
    • easy to add/change extra additional ipv4
    • Routed /48 or /56 IPv6 subnet (really routed, no on-link mess)
    • DDOS protection
    • Located in EU
    • Painless billing (netcup has the worst billing so far)
    • Reputable and stable provider, at least several years on market
    • Budget is around 10 USD/m

Note: I prefer not use any vps provider with a GMBH trademark. I really had bad experience with their support. iFog, Hetzner, and couple more. They just don't care about the customer. No, I'm not doing any email spamming, ip spoofing, torrent or anything. This server serves as a small vpn/dns(doh) + 6to4 tunnel for personal usage .

We can provide it within your budget. DM for info.

Thanked by 1vincento
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Hello @vincento

It's possible to meet your request using our VPS in Ukraine or VPS in Netherlands

We have DDOS protection, KVM virtualization, reliable and fast support that operates 24/7.

You can purchase VPS via our site and specify promo code "DEDIPATH-VPS" to get 50% off.
    If you have any questions - you can reach out to us via LiveChat on our website.

Thanked by 1vincento
  • @yoursunny said:

• BuyVM
    • GINERNET
    • Terrahost
    • Clouvider
    • Stratagem Hosting
    • Hazi ro
    • Lite Server
    • HostHatch 😚
    • Skhron 😚

Just wondering why you removed WH24 from your signature :smiley: And one question, is WH24's /48 routed IPv6?

Thanks.