Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe and whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe and whmcs

bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

Hello LET,

So my normal way to take payments has always been either direct to bank or PayPal, I do not have any issues with this but looking into adding more ways to pay and Stripe is one I see many hosts using so my question

Do you use the normal integration on WHMCS? I ask as I can see that when selected I now get a nice box to input card details however after setting up my stripe to accept Apple Pay and gpay it does not seem to give that option and I have also seen on a lot of providers you get sent to a direct page to pay I believe they call it a hosted page but would like peoples insight.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

Apply Pay works fine when enabled in Stripe with the stock WHMCS integration. Make sure you're actually loading the checkout form on an iPhone or something lol.

Stripe is a great payment processor, separate from the fees.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

I have also seen on a lot of providers you get sent to a direct page to pay I believe they call it a hosted page but would like peoples insight.

That's Stripe Checkout https://stripe.com/in/payments/checkout

It allows using all payment methods as per account eligibility.

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said: Apply Pay works fine when enabled in Stripe with the stock WHMCS integration. Make sure you're actually loading the checkout form on an iPhone or something lol.

You are indeed correct, I don't have an Apple device but just checked with my partners and yep it is working haha

Thanked by 1MikeA

Ok now I feel silly, update is that gpay does not show on firefox on my android but in chrome it is fine ... thanks all

@Abd said:

I have also seen on a lot of providers you get sent to a direct page to pay I believe they call it a hosted page but would like peoples insight.

So if I understand you correctly this is not part of the included stripe module, if so are you aware of any module that allows this as I have seen a few hosts with it and I am sure I am just missing something here haha

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@bethp said:

@Abd said:

So if I understand you correctly this is not part of the included stripe module, if so are you aware of any module that allows this as I have seen a few hosts with it and I am sure I am just missing something here haha

I am not sure for whmcs, we don't use it.

Others here may be able to help :)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@bethp said:

@Abd said:

DeploymentCode has one, forgot how much it costs but I think you have to buy multiple modules because they restrict the payment gateways.

We have a somewhat custom module that isn't open source yet.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited September 2023

As others have said, the default module works for the most part. Make sure to enable “allow payment request buttons” in your Stripe settings in the gateway settings page for WHMCS. Make sure Apple/Gpay are enabled in the Stripe dashboard.

There are other payment methods supported by Stripe but not supported by WHMCS, and for those you need extra modules. For example Alipay, Wechat Pay, etc.

• HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider