Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spam from DediPath China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spam from DediPath China

Following the closure of DediPath, did any of you receive a spam mail from someone claiming to be a salesperson of DediPath China?

Thanked by 1Hotmarer

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You mean this?

我是dedipath的中国区销售Johnny Z,您收到此封邮件表示您之前曾在我们这里注册过账号或已购买过服务器

想必近几天您已经收到了我们业务关闭的邮件,在此我们深表遗憾

后续如果您仍有购买VPS或者独立服务器的需求,您可以联系我,我可以为您介绍或者联系其他合适的商家,如果您希望在未来继续找我购买,也可以联系我

这是我的个人邮箱:[email protected],如果您有需要,欢迎随时联系

Redacted the email.

Translation:

I am Johnny Z, the salesperson of dedipath in China. The fact that you have received this email means that you have previously registered an account with us or purchased a server.

You must have received emails about our business closure in recent days. We are deeply sorry for this.

If you still need to purchase a VPS or independent server in the future, you can contact me and I can introduce you or contact other suitable merchants. If you want to continue to purchase from me in the future, you can also contact me.

This is my personal email: [email protected]. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.

If so, then yes :smiley:

Thanked by 2Maelstrom36 sebkehl
  • DediSpam

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

I got one this morning. I never signed up for DediPath.cn just servers from the US.

• @DP said:
    You mean this?

Redacted the email.

Translation:

I am Johnny Z, the salesperson of dedipath in China. The fact that you have received this email means that you have previously registered an account with us or purchased a server.

You must have received emails about our business closure in recent days. We are deeply sorry for this.

If you still need to purchase a VPS or independent server in the future, you can contact me and I can introduce you or contact other suitable merchants. If you want to continue to purchase from me in the future, you can also contact me.

This is my personal email: [email protected]. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.

Yes that was it. The mail was sent from a.dedipath.cn.

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited September 2023

want to troll him -- someone send me the email

and the headers of the email, if possible

• Their database could have been included in their Summer Sale :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DP said:
    You mean this?

Redacted the email.

Translation:

Yes that was it. The mail was sent from a.dedipath.cn.

I'm not sure if the mail is legit or not, but DediPath did have a "Johnny Z", who's apparently the VP for Asia Development.

If it's really him, I guess he's just taking a strike while the iron is hot.

But what if he's not who he says he is? :smiley:

Thanked by 2Maelstrom36 sebkehl
  • I have also received this spam. And also the one from QuadraNet.
    Is clear that their database has leaked :)

Thanked by 1Maelstrom36
  • Damn, QuadraNet do be desperate

• kevman95kevman95 Member
    edited September 2023

Worked at DediPath previously. Johnny Z is definitely a DediPath Chinese rep.

Kinda a bit bold of him to use his access to cold email but I guess I shouldn't put it past him to think of this as an opportunity.

• Thanked by 1MaxR
  • I have also received this spam...

• Anyone tried it? Is this new China business good?

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • As dediptah is dead,no longer using them. I have updated all my address,email,phone to be false details,so i did not get such spams.
    All my info is wrong and invalid

• I received the email yesterday in my spam, and it's using an email alias I only used on DediPath's billing panel:

• Spam from DesperatePath China.

• I got this email too, so far 2 spam emails, first one was from Quadranet

• I got the same email from this guy.

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited September 2023

i confirmed with the dedipath chinese rep johnny z, that dedipath.cn is just the website to help grow of dedipath, and the email sent to dedipath customer and let the customer know the .cn website also will be closed and left his mail address.

Also don't know about quardnet

• I also received a similar email from QuadraNet.
    johnny z is an employee of DediPath. He copied the user's email address to excel. But how does QuadraNet know my email address? I've never used them.

• I received the same email on the 11th of this month, lol.

• @suut said:
    I also received a similar email from QuadraNet.
    johnny z is an employee of DediPath. He copied the user's email address to excel. But how does QuadraNet know my email address? I've never used them.

pacificrack ?

• It looks the company is go unlisted, decided by the president, and the CEO is happy to see that because it's great opportunity for him to start his own business while the customer pool is not drained.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

No one send emails me. haha

• suutsuut Member
    edited September 2023

Johnny Z is working for colocrossing.

• @gongyi said:

@suut said:
    I also received a similar email from QuadraNet.

pacificrack ?

No.