Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

expired DA license make sites down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

expired DA license make sites down?

I am unable to access my site for 3 days, here is the notice:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

And now when I try to login to DA I have got this message:

License check failure See the Debug Guide

Reason: license is expired
Current Server Time: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 18:24:22 UTC

Can anyone explain:

1. Is the expired DA make the site down?
  2. Does it happen regularly with big provider?
  3. How long does it normally take to resovle the issue?

do not want to mention the provider here but I am quite unhappy because it's been 3 days already. Support team said "The server is ok" but my sites are still failed to connect.

Comments

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Normally, this should not affect websites. However, it could be the result of another problem on the server. For example, due to a lack of disk space. You can log in to the server and try restarting the directadmin service. You can also check on the Directadmin website to see if your license has expired. You can find a lot of useful information about various technical problems on the Directadmin website.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Typically direct admin will auto renew so you should have an issue with that. However, if it failed to charge or invoice properly it could suspend things for you. I don't know how that works However as ours is on automatic payments.
    Best to reach out to support. And check direct admin to see if it is suspended then can see what your host does.

• expired DA license will not cause any service down, it might be something else causing it, only thing is the control panel access will be blocked from access when expired.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

No. It will not turned off any sites.. you just cannot access the control panel and will show you license expired massage.

All hosted websites will still work fine

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Nope. Wouldn't cause any downtime.

Shit happens with any host. If they didn't even bother to check your website, assuming it has been down for 3 years, then I recommend you to leave them. Thats horrible customer support.

Thanked by 2Ympker ariq01
  • @MikePT said:

Shit happens with any host. If they didn't even bother to check your website, assuming it has been down for 3 years, then I recommend you to leave them. Thats horrible customer support.

Assuming typo, but he said 3 days not 3 years. Either way, it's not good customer service.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:

@MikePT said:

Assuming typo, but he said 3 days not 3 years. Either way, it's not good customer service.

Based on the information provided, it is unclear what type of service is being used. It is possible that an unmanaged server is being used, and as a result the technical support team is not allowed to access the server and investigate the problem directly.

However, it is noted that the server appears to be functioning normally. It responds to pings and an SSH connection can be established. As such, it is the opinion of the technical support team that the server is functioning normally.

In the case of unmanaged servers, the root user of the server is usually responsible for installing the software.

• Having your DA license expired will just let you lose your access to the control panel.
    I've been running my idling machine just like that for about 7 months.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:

@MikePT said:

Days. Not years yep! 😁

Thanked by 2ariq01 kdh