Searching for VPS with beefy CPU in EU for ~30euros.
Hey, in few weeks I will need VPS with following specs for my friend's website:
- CPU that has at least 8000 multicore GB6 score (6vCores EPYC Genoa / 8-10vCores EPYC Rome or whatever CPU that hits that score) with FUP policy that allows to use 100% of CPU for 10-30minutes couple times a day. Average CPU usage will be around 20%.
- At least 20GB RAM
- 320GB SSD on RAID10/CEPH/whatever that is highly available.
- 2Gbit networking, at least 50TB traffic.
- Amsterdam highly preferred, Germany/France is okay.
- Being a EU company is huge plus (because I can deduct VAT so price is more attractive), but not necessary.
- Provider needs to be trusted and at least 8 years in business
- SLA 99.9% with proven good uptime.
For specs above I want to ~30euro/monthly. Can be lower, can be higher, depends on specs.
netcup offers 10c EPYC Rome, 32GB ram, 1TB NVMe for 31.59euro with VAT (so it will end up costing me 26.55euro) as regular offer - it ticks all boxes, but I'm looking if I can find something better in terms of CPU in exchange for less disk, bandwidth and RAM.
Monthly payment preferred, but I can pay up to 6 months in advance if offer is good.
VPS will be used for legal VoD website, I need to max out CPU to fasten up process of parallel encodes, current 4vCPU Rome is slightly too slow.
It needs to be VPS, not dedicated server, because I don't want to give my friend hassle of managing and debugging problems with hardware.
Only reputable providers please, no some random summer host that exists for year.