Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for VPS with beefy CPU in EU for ~30euros.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for VPS with beefy CPU in EU for ~30euros.

AXYZEAXYZE Member
edited September 2023 in Requests

Hey, in few weeks I will need VPS with following specs for my friend's website:

• CPU that has at least 8000 multicore GB6 score (6vCores EPYC Genoa / 8-10vCores EPYC Rome or whatever CPU that hits that score) with FUP policy that allows to use 100% of CPU for 10-30minutes couple times a day. Average CPU usage will be around 20%.
  • At least 20GB RAM
  • 320GB SSD on RAID10/CEPH/whatever that is highly available.
  • 2Gbit networking, at least 50TB traffic.
  • Amsterdam highly preferred, Germany/France is okay.
  • Being a EU company is huge plus (because I can deduct VAT so price is more attractive), but not necessary.
  • Provider needs to be trusted and at least 8 years in business
  • SLA 99.9% with proven good uptime.

For specs above I want to ~30euro/monthly. Can be lower, can be higher, depends on specs.

netcup offers 10c EPYC Rome, 32GB ram, 1TB NVMe for 31.59euro with VAT (so it will end up costing me 26.55euro) as regular offer - it ticks all boxes, but I'm looking if I can find something better in terms of CPU in exchange for less disk, bandwidth and RAM.

Monthly payment preferred, but I can pay up to 6 months in advance if offer is good.

VPS will be used for legal VoD website, I need to max out CPU to fasten up process of parallel encodes, current 4vCPU Rome is slightly too slow.

It needs to be VPS, not dedicated server, because I don't want to give my friend hassle of managing and debugging problems with hardware.

Only reputable providers please, no some random summer host that exists for year.

Comments

• @AXYZE said: Monthly payment preferred, but I can pay up to 6 months in advance if offer is good.

We respect all the requirements above, but yearly payment only for this offer and a big higher than €30/m

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @RoyaleHosting matches your spec in Amsterdam, besides the company age (to my knowledge).

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @fluffernutter said:
    @RoyaleHosting matches your spec in Amsterdam, besides the company age (to my knowledge).

They have 25TB bandwidth FUP on VPS line, I need at least twice as much

• @AXYZE said:

@fluffernutter said:
    @RoyaleHosting matches your spec in Amsterdam, besides the company age (to my knowledge).

Did you reach out to support? They might be able to work something out.

• @c1vhosting said:

@AXYZE said: Monthly payment preferred, but I can pay up to 6 months in advance if offer is good.

We respect all the requirements above, but yearly payment only for this offer and a big higher than €30/m

Only up to 6 months, sorry.

• @AXYZE said:

@c1vhosting said:

@AXYZE said: Monthly payment preferred, but I can pay up to 6 months in advance if offer is good.

Only up to 6 months, sorry.

Still DM me, please raise of something your budget.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@AXYZE said:

@fluffernutter said:

Feel free to create a live chat, I am sure that we can arrange something for you :)

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

@fluffernutter said:

Thank you for the mention!

Indeed, but we are getting close! we have been in business for almost 6 years now.

• coventcovent Member
    edited September 2023

Haven't tried this myself but Aruba Cloud has VPS O16A32 which is pretty close to your requirements:

• 16 vCPU (EPYC Rome)
    • 32 GB RAM
    • 320 GB SDS (Software-Defined Storage) NVMe
    • 100 TB traffic (seems like 2-3 Gbit/s based on Yabs I found)
    • 31.29€ + VAT

https://www.arubacloud.com/virtual-servers.aspx#server
    Yabs: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/yabs/aruba_cloud-16c-31gb-tg4045

Aruba should also tick the maturity request quite well

Edit: ah, sorry always miss something, the location somewhere in central Italy so might be more south than what you were looking for...

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

Avoro suits many of your requirements, but not all. Biggest downsides are the NVMe drives in your case (since that means lesser disk space). Can't say anything about the bench scores.

However, about your offer, are you sure it's NVMe? Are you taking about the RS 4000 G9.5? I always though that was a regular SSD.

Do note however that you can customize specs of the Avoro server.

For example, I think something along these lines would the the closest to what you need:

NVMe vServer M
    19,00 EUR
    » IPv4-Adressen (Mehr auf Anfrage): 1x (Kostenfrei inklusive)
    0,00 EUR
    » Arbeitsspeicher: 20GB
    4,00 EUR
    » NVMe-Speicher: 300GB
    13,20 EUR
    » Betriebssystem: Windows Server 2019 Deutsch Evaluation
    0,00 EUR
    » DDoS Protection: On-Demand DDoS Protection
    0,00 EUR
    » Backups: 1 (kostenfrei inklusive)
    0,00 EUR
    Einrichtungsgebühren:
    0,00 EUR
    Monatlich:
    30,42 EUR
    MwSt @ 19.00%:

5,78 EUR

36,20 EUR

That's 30,42 EUR without VAT if I understand it right, and you get 4 dedicated cores, 20 GB RAM, 300 GB NVMe and unmethered traffic.

They're not in Ams, sadly, but my VPS with them was in Maincubes, in which I had a very good experience.

If you value the cores and don't mind paying a bit extra, you can get the NVMe vServer - NVMe vServer L and only add on the 300 GB disk for a total of 38,99 EUR without VAT.

That's 8 dedicated cores and 300 GB NVMe (again with unmethered traffic).

I know you'd have to sacrifice some resources or pay extra, but I think its a great contender, especially considering that their drives are NVMe.

I've seen AMD EPYC 7352 on YABS from let members benching Avoro, but I can't comment on what models they got, if you want to compare CPUs.

Edit: I know you need 320 GB and mentioned 6 cores, but as I understand it you have to choose between 4 and 8 cores and 300 and 400 GB NVMe, sadly.

Thanked by 2AXYZE dataforest
  • What about server-factory? @mxmla
    8 vCores AMD EPYC 7702P
    32GB DDR4
    400 GB NVMe RAID 10
    1 Gbit - Unmetered incoming and 64TB Outgoing
    37 eur/m

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @emgh said:
    Avoro suits many of your requirements, but not all. Biggest downsides are the NVMe drives in your case (since that means lesser disk space). Can't say anything about the bench scores.

I do not need NVMe, I've stated I need SSD :) It can be SATA, but tbh I dont believe any host is mixing up new CPU with oldass SATA SSDs.

However, about your offer, are you sure it's NVMe? Are you taking about the RS 4000 G9.5? I always though that was a regular SSD.

Yes, its NVME RAID-10 and always has been, using these RS servers from 3 years already.

They're not in Ams, sadly, but my VPS with them was in Maincubes, in which I had a very good experience.

Had PHP-Friends VPS before, great experience indeed.

If you value the cores and don't mind paying a bit extra, you can get the NVMe vServer - NVMe vServer L and only add on the 300 GB disk for a total of 38,99 EUR without VAT.

That's 8 dedicated cores and 300 GB NVMe (again with unmethered traffic).

I know you'd have to sacrifice some resources or pay extra, but I think its a great contender, especially considering that their drives are NVMe.

I can pay extra, but Im searching for best cpu performance per euro. Avoro offer is far from it, for this price I can get 16vCPU on EPYC Milan from OVH as regular offer on their site which will be more than twice as fast and also has unmetered network.

Thank you for detailed response, but Avoro offer is suited pefectly for game server, not encoding+delivering video like I do. netcup/ovh give me more as standard offers.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @concept said:
    What about server-factory? @mxmla
    8 vCores AMD EPYC 7702P
    32GB DDR4
    400 GB NVMe RAID 10
    1 Gbit - Unmetered incoming and 64TB Outgoing
    37 eur/m

1Gbit is sadly not enough :( there are peaks when new video / new promo comes and there cant be any buffering issues.

• @covent said:
    Haven't tried this myself but Aruba Cloud has VPS O16A32 which is pretty close to your requirements:

• 16 vCPU (EPYC Rome)
    • 32 GB RAM
    • 320 GB SDS (Software-Defined Storage) NVMe
    • 100 TB traffic (seems like 2-3 Gbit/s based on Yabs I found)
    • 31.29€ + VAT

https://www.arubacloud.com/virtual-servers.aspx#server
    Yabs: https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/yabs/aruba_cloud-16c-31gb-tg4045

Aruba should also tick the maturity request quite well

Edit: ah, sorry always miss something, the location somewhere in central Italy so might be more south than what you were looking for...

I'll need to check out routing on that. AMS/FRA are always safe, when I've tried anything else like Oslo from Terrahost routing was wild, when Ive tried Warsaw from WebHorizon it was pretty horrible. I've never ever had issue with AMS routing anywhere and most of the time connectivy to USA is also great - Italian location will jump thgough a lot of countries before USA. Ill check up tommorow how this exact Aruba location wotks, thanks for recomendation!

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited September 2023

Btw anybody knows is there there any 6-8vCore 7950X/7900X from reputable provider?
    Most from what I see are one man shows or fresh companies
    SpeedyPage looks solid, but is in business for just 2 years...

I would love to get such CPU, but also would love to be sure that company will continue to work. Dont want NexusBytes-type situation (managed by one person, few years and goodbye)

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited September 2023

@alwyzon is pretty close, but it's not NL or DE.

or maybe @v3ng v6Node?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

Alwyzon is very premium, also Austria location is central (thus around 9ms to Germany and 15-20ms to Amsterdam)

Can vouch for them :)

(seems like network is important for your use case, check their network-speed.xyz bench, it's actually impressive)

• If it wasn’t for the transfer speed requirements a GAME-1 during one of OVH’s regular-ish 50 % off would have been great

Also, did you mean the OVH Limited Edition line? Isn’t storage an issue there?

Regarding twice as fast, yeah, Avoro has dedicated cores and OVH dosen’t, but as you say, for bursting, sharing 16 is likely faster compared to owning 8

• @febryanvaldo said:
    @alwyzon is pretty close, but it's not NL or DE.

Great offer, thanks for sending! I need more space for S3 caching, but maybe I can work out that with their support :)

• @zGato said:
    Alwyzon is very premium, also Austria location is central (thus around 9ms to Germany and 15-20ms to Amsterdam)

Can vouch for them :)

(seems like network is important for you, check their network-speed.xyz bench)

I've used before but forgot about them, they have great route to polish ISPs (thats what is most important to me) so theyre definetly going to be considered:)

Thanked by 1zGato
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited September 2023

@AXYZE said: Great offer, thanks for sending! I need more space for S3 caching, but maybe I can work out that with their support

Yes, maybe you could sort something out by contacting customer service (CS). Alwyzon network is premium in EU as far as i know.

I added v6Node to my last comment.

• @emgh said:
    If it wasn’t for the transfer speed requirements a GAME-1 during one of OVH’s regular-ish 50 % off would have been great

Also, did you mean the OVH Limited Edition line? Isn’t storage an issue there?

Regarding twice as fast, yeah, Avoro has dedicated cores and OVH dosen’t, but as you say, for bursting, sharing 16 is likely faster compared to owning 8

Yes, with OVH-LE disk space is limitation, otherwise I wouldnt even hesitate:p but just pointing out what I need - CPU :)

It cannot be dedi. He doesnt know how to debug hardware issues, I dont want want yet another thing to monitor (I already have 12 dedis to monitor right now) so only VPS, because hardware will be replaced 24/7 without even raising ticket.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • https://deinserverhost.de/en/linux-rootserver-ssd
    This might be a bit low, even with lower prices in german language, but 1Gbit unlimited fair flat.

• @ascicode said:
    https://deinserverhost.de/en/linux-rootserver-ssd
    This might be a bit low, even with lower prices in german language, but 1Gbit unlimited fair flat.

I don't need unmetered, 50TB is fine. There are peaks when he is sending newsletter/notification about new movie or he makes new promo, it needs to be 2Gbps for this reason :) 1Gbps is too risky for black friday & christmas season.

Buying extra traffic is a lot easier than extra bandwidth and surely we don't want to change provider once again this year :)

• Bumping, do anybody know any reliable 7900X/7950X/EPYC Genoa provider in NL/DE?

I only see dedis or one man show providers...

• @AXYZE said:
    Bumping, do anybody know any reliable 7900X/7950X/EPYC Genoa provider in NL/DE?

Do you need +8y in business for this?

• terrahost?
    I dont think you get 2Gbit for this budget you want, so should thinking of buying what you get with 1Gbit and maybe get a 2nd for sharing the videos as a backup stream.

• @AXYZE said: umping, do anybody know any reliable 7900X/7950X/EPYC Genoa provider in NL/DE?

@Hybula but the price is premium :D

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@AXYZE said:
    Bumping, do anybody know any reliable 7900X/7950X/EPYC Genoa provider in NL/DE?

Threadripper 3970X is fine?

• @AXYZE said: for 10-30minutes couple times a day.

What about orchestrating this process to be done using GPUs instead of extra power if it is 2 times per day only?

@lentro TensorDock Marketplace supports cloud-init too https://docs.tensordock.com/marketplace/cloud-init so you can spin instances quickly, do your tasks, destroy it.

Thanked by 2lentro uncooked92