Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Spec but cheap Hong Kong VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Spec but cheap Hong Kong VPS

Hello, for study I need a Hong Kong VPS and only in Hong Kong. It does not need to have any direct connection to China mainland or have any decent SLA/SSD/CPU. Just needs 50gb a month of bandwidth at 10 mbps. Need at least 384mb of ram but 512mb would be better. So far I have found bluevps for $4 a month and gigsgigs for $2 per month if paying for entire year. If you guys know of cheaper options please let me know! I do understand it is an expensive region!

Thanked by 1homelabber

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited September 2023

HostHatch has 2gb ram 10gb nvme for $4 a month. It's the cheapest monthly payment in HK.

Otherwise, you can go with GreenCloud. There are some available in HK for $35 yearly at the bottom most of this page.

https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/premium-kvm-sale

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • @ehhthing said: If you're fine >with the really shitty m247 network.

As long as it works like half the time its chill lol thank you both !

• xoctopusxoctopus Member
    edited September 2023

What kind of study mate? You don't need a VPS in HK, any location around will work equally great, SG, JP, there are many offers. HK is a premium location for bandwidth, so you won't get any cheap unlimited 1gbps 300TB/mo offers.

If you just need a HK located IP, there are VPN providers that can offer it for a far cheaper price than rolling your own VPS. Just 2 cents.

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • @xoctopus said: What kind of >study mate? You don't need a VPS in HK, any location around will work equally great, SG, >JP, there are many offers. HK is a premium location for bandwidth, so you won't get any >cheap unlimited 1gbps 300TB/mo offers.

I do understand this and that is why I made the requirements so low. I have VPS and Dedicated Servers in other locations but the academic project I am working on requires, in part, a Hong Kong IP and ISP. I hate to be vague but it would be very beneficial to have Hong Kong location, but I will look into the VPN part tho thank you.

• xoctopusxoctopus Member
    edited September 2023

@BruhGamer12 said:

@xoctopus said: What kind of >study mate? You don't need a VPS in HK, any location around will work equally great, SG, >JP, there are many offers. HK is a premium location for bandwidth, so you won't get any >cheap unlimited 1gbps 300TB/mo offers.

I do understand this and that is why I made the requirements so low. I have VPS and Dedicated Servers in other locations but the academic project I am working on requires, in part, a Hong Kong IP and ISP. I hate to be vague but it would be very beneficial to have Hong Kong location, but I will look into the VPN part tho thank you.

No need to be vague if you look for help, it's like going to a dentist and not opening your mouth. This is LET :) Make sure that you really need something you plan to get.
    https://looking.house/points.php?country=11
    I would suggest pq.hosting, they have a real unlimited HK presence for a nice price.

Except if you need residential IP, then it's not for you.

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

Give this Chinese provider a try. I've been using their services for a month, and they have been flawless for me. I utilize them as my dn42 Hong Kong PoP, although it's important to note that this plan doesn't offer a direct connection to mainland China. Additionally, they provide DNS media unlock functionality.

HKLite-One
    CPU 1 Core | Mem 512 M
    Disk 5 GB | Bandwidth 5000M
    Traffic 500G/Month | After limited to 10Mbps.
    Reset Traffic ¥7.00
    IPV4 1 IP | IPV6 1 IP
    RMB ¥7.78/Month (~ USD $1.07)

Test IP: 91.229.132.1 / 2401:b60:5::1

They support USDT, Stripe, and Alipay.
    Most of the pages of their panel have the English version. It totally works for non-Chinese user.

Aff
    Non-aff

Thanked by 1SirNeo