Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not able to Install Windows 10 on Hetnzer's 7950X 3D
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Not able to Install Windows 10 on Hetnzer's 7950X 3D

Hello

Is anyone here able to install a working windows 10 in Hetnzer's 7950x 3D ?

I did attach the windows iso in kvm but it only boots me to bios and there's no option to select boot disk
It's all greyed out

But later I figured a way and the installation was successful but now the Internet isn't working

Comments

• Maybe it's missing network drivers? Are you able to configure an IP onto the correct network interface?

• Network is likely needing to be setup manually I doubt dhcp works at hetzner. You can probably get it working if you can find your ip, gateway, netmask

https://community.hetzner.com/tutorials/install-and-configure-proxmox_ve

This explains networking for proxmox as it also doesn't automatically setup an IP.

I hope some of this sets you on the right path.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@jackalblood, where is OP asking for Proxmox ?

@Ax3L, there could be couple of things.
    But in your case first make sure your bios is able to see the NVMEs, for that BIOS need changes to see NVME disks (bifurcation of PCI lanes). Ask for Hetzner help if you can't see disks in bios.

edited September 2023

Mods @angstrom or someone, this question seems to be in incorrect section.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

@Ax3L said:
    Hello

Is anyone here able to install a working windows 10 in Hetnzer's 7950x 3D ?

I did attach the windows iso in kvm but it only boots me to bios and there's no option to select boot disk
    It's all greyed out

But later I figured a way and the installation was successful but now the Internet isn't working

You will need to make sure to load the VirtIO drivers to see your drive/networking
    https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/creating-windows-virtual-machines-using-virtio-drivers/index.html#virtio-win-direct-downloads

@DP this needs to be in Help instead of Tutorials. :smile:

@DataIdeas-Josh, where is OP talking about virtualization :flushed: , perhaps OP should clarify a bit further.

@Ax3L, so if you manged to installed it and can access through KVM, make sure you have correct IPs are there, if their is no NIC, you need to install correct drivers to get it working.

• @Saahib said:

But in your case first make sure your bios is able to see the NVMEs, for that BIOS need changes to see NVME disks (bifurcation of PCI lanes). Ask for Hetzner help if you can't see disks in bios.

I think you misunderstood, I was showing an example of finding your ip, gateway, netmask etc which would be required to setup networking within windows also.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited September 2023

@jackalblood said:

@Saahib said:

I think you misunderstood, I was showing an example of finding your ip, gateway, netmask etc which would be required to setup networking within windows also.

I install linux based os such as Debian 11 , first to get all details regarding ip address, geteway, netmask etc and use that info in last step of windows OS

These steps are needed to setup windows OS with certain providers such as Server Factory where such information is not auto populated.

ps - Server Factory is a premium VPS provider, in my experience.

• @dev_vps said:

@jackalblood said:

@Saahib said:

I install linux based os such as Debian 11 , first to get all details regarding ip address, geteway, netmask etc and use that info in last step of windows OS

These steps are needed to setup windows OS with certain providers such as Server Factory where such information is not auto populated.

ps - Server Factory is a premium VPS provider, in my experience.

Been a while since I had a Hetzner dedi. Are you not able to see IP info including GW and netmask in the client area?

• @Saahib said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh, where is OP talking about virtualization :flushed: , perhaps OP should clarify a bit further.

70% of the time kvm means kvm and usually gets fixed by using virtio drivers