Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh renewal services error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh renewal services error

Has anyone face issue with ovh manual renewal option?

i'm getting this error. did anyone getting this?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There are some services which were a one year only.

• @Maounique said:

yeah, but these are not 1 year services.

• @arondev said:

@Maounique said:

Faced the issue issue with them. When service expire it didn’t allowed to renew. I contact their Facebook support and he gave me invoice link so i paid through that link

• arondevarondev Member
    edited September 2023

@hostnextpro said:

@arondev said:

@Maounique said:

Faced the issue issue with them. When service expire it didn’t allowed to renew. I contact their Facebook support and he gave me invoice link so i paid through that link

do you get same error message?

• @arondev said:

@hostnextpro said:

@arondev said:

@Maounique said:

do you get same error message?

Don’t know exactly because 3-4 months ago. But if you are trying to renew your service after expiry then it happen.

• Did you try offer them some setup fee?

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • Experienced the same but seems it's okay now. Can you check your side @arondev

• Check here https://api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/{serviceName}/serviceInfos~GET and make sure deleteAtExpiration: false and manualPayment: true

Aside from that call the canadian telephone number and if they can't fix the renewal issue, ask for 5 day grace for the server. They have 24/7 support. A billing issue can only be fixed by OVH.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Highly likely it’s issue with their control panel, as a few bugs and support is don’t care about it as I think no budget to fix that piece of sh¥t.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@WebProject said:
    Highly likely it’s issue with their control panel, as a few bugs and support is don’t care about it as I think no budget to fix that piece of sh¥t.

The renewal system looks like its from a different dimension.
    Half broken CSS, old stuff like 8 years +

It sometimes shits itself every now and then, better extend ahead always.

• @WebProject said:

You’d be suprised https://corporate.ovhcloud.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/2023.02_-ovh_groupe-plaquette-_vdef_ven.pdf

@Neoon said:

@WebProject said:

It sometimes shits itself every now and then, better extend ahead always.

Auto renew works fine

Also, they got (a bit hidden) a credit system, unlike Hetzner you can easily top-up and auto renewals will be charged from account balance prior to the main payment method

• @WebProject said:

Thats my thinking too. Their panel is the worst I've used so far. Horribly slow, that shit reloaded hundreds or js everytime i move to different page making browsers crawl. And I'm not even using potato machine from the 90s.

Its like they cobbled up something in a barn and just yolo the shit out of it.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • the issue has been fixed now.

• Unfortunately, this problem happens to us every month and then it gets fixed

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @hostcheap said:
    Unfortunately, this problem happens to us every month and then it gets fixed

Set up auto-renewal and deposit 6 months of account credit at a time

• vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

They have alot of bugs and errors. Worst control panel and support. I have expirenced such errors with renewal before.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2023

So, I have followed the link from the mail, logged in, selected 3 months on both services, then tried to renew.

It does work eventually if you keep trying. There is no other contact for the account.

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

You’d be suprised https://corporate.ovhcloud.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/2023.02_-ovh_groupe-plaquette-_vdef_ven.pdf

I've recently come across a bug where OVH customers are being double-charged for certain IPv4 addresses. To elaborate, if your dedicated server expires on the 12th of each month and IPv4 addresses on the 1st, the control panel is flawed to the extent that it bills you twice for the same IPv4 addresses: once alongside the dedicated server, which cannot be removed from the invoice, and a second time as a separate charge.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

I've recently come across a bug where OVH customers are being double-charged for certain IPv4 addresses. To elaborate, if your dedicated server expires on the 12th of each month and IPv4 addresses on the 1st, the control panel is flawed to the extent that it bills you twice for the same IPv4 addresses: once alongside the dedicated server, which cannot be removed from the invoice, and a second time as a separate charge.

Report it :)

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

reported more than week ago and had the following response:
    “The department in charge will review your request and get back to you shortly.”

I will need to check the OVH definition of shortly 😂

• @WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

reported more than week ago and had the following response:
    “The department in charge will review your request and get back to you shortly.”

I will need to check the OVH definition of shortly 😂

With such a bug, across all their subsudiaries, shortly won't be a few days