Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί PloxHost | New Relaunched NVMe and OpenVZ VPS Line in the US and EU & Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PloxHost | New Relaunched NVMe and OpenVZ VPS Line in the US and EU & Colocation

ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2023 in Offers

Hi all,

We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new revamped NVMe KVM VPS line in Dallas TX, and now available in a brand new location in Amsterdam, NL. Additionally, we are relaunching our budget OpenVZ VPS line and offering Colocation services In Dallas TX and NewYork meticulously designed to meet your most demanding needs!

πŸš€ High-Speed NVME VPS Plans: Both Dallas, TX US & EU Locations

1GB NVME VPS:

• πŸ›  1 vCore
  • πŸ’½ 20GB NVMe Storage
  • 🌐 4TB Bandwidth
  • πŸ’΅ Just $4.00/Month
  • πŸ›’ Order Now

2GB NVME VPS:

• πŸ›  1 vCore
  • πŸ’½ 30GB NVMe Storage
  • 🌐 4TB Bandwidth
  • πŸ’΅ Just $8.00/Month
  • πŸ›’ Order Now

View more NVMe VPS plans On our site

πŸŒͺ Lightning-Fast budget OpenVZ 7 SSD VPS Plans: Texas Location

1GB OVZ VPS:

• πŸ›  1 vCore
  • πŸ’½ 20GB SSD Storage
  • 🌐 4TB Bandwidth
  • πŸ’΅ Just $2.60/Month
  • πŸ›’ Order Now

2GB OVZ VPS:

• πŸ›  1 vCore
  • πŸ’½ 30GB NVMe Storage
  • 🌐 4TB Bandwidth
  • πŸ’΅ Just $5.20/Month
  • πŸ›’ Order Now

3GB OVZ VPS:

• πŸ›  1 vCore
  • πŸ’½ 30GB NVMe Storage
  • 🌐 4TB Bandwidth
  • πŸ’΅ Just $7.8-/Month
  • πŸ›’ Order Now

Explore the full range of OpenVZ VPS plans on our website!

🏒 Revolutionary Colocation Deals

NYC Rack Colocation:

• πŸ’‘ 1Amp @ 120v
  • 🌐 20TB @ 1GBPS
  • πŸ›‘ Free DDoS Protection
  • 🀝 Basic Remote Hands
  • πŸ’΅ Starting at $50/Month
  • πŸ“© Contact Sales

Dallas, TX Rack Colocation:

• πŸ’‘ 1Amp @ 120v
  • 🌐 20TB @ 1GBPS
  • πŸ›‘ Free DDoS Protection
  • 🀝 Basic Remote Hands
  • πŸ’΅ Starting at $40/Month
  • πŸ“© Contact Sales

And many more irresistible deals.

Want a Minecraft Server?

We have that as well! Save 33% off all budget Minecraft Hosting Plans 2GB or more using the code MEGAMC at checkout!
https://plox.host/minecraft

πŸ’΅ Payment Information:

PloxHost accepts Credit Cards, PayPal, and Bitcoins.
Cryptocurrency and major CC are subject to a small processing fee.

🌐 State-of-the-Art Enterprise Network

Network and Datacenter Information:

• In our Dallas, Texas datacenter, we utilize Hivelocity as our network provider & for DDOS Protection.

Learn more about our Dallas datacenter here

• In our New York City, New York datacenter, we are located in Telehous. Our network is a blend of multiple Tier-1 carriers, including access to the NYIIX (New York Internet Exchange) & have a in-house DDoS protection.

Learn more about our NewYork datacenter here

• Our Amsterdam datacenter is our own private and secure datacenter located right outside of the heart of Amsterdam in Zoetermeer. Our datacenter network is private and fully redundant. PloxHost's network has access to AMS-IX, Speed-IX, Frys-IX, and others. Our datacenter utilized path.net for DDoS Protection.

Learn more about our Amsterdam datacenter here.

Server Specs

• Dallas TX and Amsterdam NL NVME VPS Nodes: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2678v3 with 10 Gbit Uplink
  • OpenVZ Nodes currently Only offered in Dallas TX: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2680 or better with 10 Gbit uplink

πŸ” Test our Network:

🀝 Customer-Centric Support

We’re not just about offering top-notch servers; we’re about building lasting relationships. We offer round-the-clock support through tickets and our Discord server. Plus, routine check-ups to make sure you're thrilled with your services.

So why wait? Join the PloxHost community today!
- πŸ—¨ Discord
- 🎫 Support Tickets

Have questions - reach out! Via email: [email protected], or reply here

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited September 2023

Hardware owned or leased?
    IPv4 owned or leased?
    IPv6 subnet size?
    IPv6 on-link or routed?
    Datacenter has fire extinguishers?
    Datacenter has two very scary guard dogs?
    List of upstream providers?
    BGP session availability?
    IXP ports availability?
    Price for extra IPv4 address?
    Price reduction for not needing any IPv4 address?
    VPS control panel?
    Custom ISO supported on KVM service?
    YABS report?
    Maximum allowable persistent CPU usage?
    Maximum allowable persistent bandwidth usage?
    Mail ports blocked?
    Customer ID verification needed?
    Fee for service transfer between billing accounts?

Thanked by 1golario
  • $1 per month for 1 IPV6... :o

• @Carlin0 said: $1 per month for 1 IPV6... :o

That is insane with how easy they are to get and manage lol.

• ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi there,

Thank you for your question!

You will find the answers to most of your questions directly on our site at https://plox.host/datacenters. You can click on each datacenter to learn more about them and the full specs that are offered. Our NY and TX Datacenter where we offer colocation, have their spec sheets listed for Dallas see https://plox.host/datacenters/dallas and for NY see https://plox.host/datacenters/nyc. Our EU location is private but offers similar specs. You can learn more here https://plox.host/datacenters/ams

All hardware is owned and maintained by ZoomingWork LLC DBA of PloxHost to ensure top performance as listed on our site.

IPv4 owned or leased?
    We own our IPv4 addresses, ensuring stability and control.

IPv6 subnet size?
    We can offer /64, /58, or /40 IPv6 subnet sizes for your VPS. Please contact us for rates if you plan to buy a subnet.

IPv6 on-link or routed?
    Our IPv6 subnets are routed to maximize efficiency.

Absolutely, our datacenters are equipped with state-of-the-art fire suppression systems. This is also required by law.

While we don't have guard dogs, our 24/7 security measures ensure the
    highest level of safety.

Yes, BGP sessions are available upon request.

IXP ports availability?
    We have over a 1,000 direct network peers. Access to NYIIX and other network exchanges. Our ASN: AS31786. More information can be found for each datacenter at https://plox.host/datacenters

List of upstream providers
    Our major carriers include Cogent, Hurricane Electric, CenturyLink, Verizon, and others. More information can be found for each datacenter at https://plox.host/datacenters

Additional IPv4 addresses can be acquired at $3/month for VPS hosting. We also offer IPv4 subnets, where you can save on cost.

Yes, We can offer a discount for NVME VPS plans and with OpenVZ for plans 2GB or more that only require IPv6. Please contact our sales team for this at [email protected]

VPS control panel?
    We utilized Virtualizer for our control panel, which is really easy to use.

Yes, custom ISOs are supported for KVM services.

YABS report?
    YABS reports can be provided upon request to demonstrate server performance. Please contact [email protected]

At this time, we have no hard limit to CPU usage as long as your VPS is not abusing the CPU. Please see our terms of service for what we consider as abuse. This can be found at https://plox.host/terms-of-service?section=section-12

All our VPS plans have a Maximum allowable persistent of 4TB bandwidth.

Mail ports blocked?
    As stated on our site, yes. Mail ports are blocked by default to prevent abuse. However, if you wish to send mail via our VPSes, please send us a ticket, and we will be able to open them for you.

For security reasons, we may require ID verification upon the creation of a new account if our fraud system flags you.

We don't charge a fee to transfer between billing accounts.

Feel free to shoot a DM or open a ticket by emailing [email protected] if you have anymore questions!

@yoursunny said:
    IPv4 owned or leased?
    IPv6 subnet size?
    IPv6 on-link or routed?
    List of upstream providers?
    IXP ports availability?
    VPS control panel?
    YABS report?
    Mail ports blocked?

Thanked by 2yoursunny zGato

We can offer a better rate with subnets please shoot me DM or email [email protected] for special pricing.

@Carlin0 said:
    $1 per month for 1 IPV6... :o

• @ploxhost said:
    We can offer a better rate with subnets please shoot me DM or email [email protected] for special pricing.

@Carlin0 said:
    $1 per month for 1 IPV6... :o

Whatever you ask for a /64 would still be too much because I think it should be free

Thanked by 2yoursunny Zurg
  • wiggywiggy Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

Very afraid of a business doing Minecraft & Enterprise Colocation on the same website/company. - Usually never ends up great.

@ploxhost said: Hardware owned or leased?
    All hardware is owned and maintained by ZoomingWork LLC DBA of PloxHost to ensure top performance as listed on our site.

You guys sure you don't rent? πŸ€”

@ploxhost said: You will find the answers to most of your questions directly on our site at https://plox.host/datacenters. You can click on each datacenter to learn more about them and the full specs that are offered. Our NY and TX Datacenter where we offer colocation, have their spec sheets listed for Dallas see https://plox.host/datacenters/dallas and for NY see https://plox.host/datacenters/nyc. Our EU location is private but offers similar specs. You can learn more here https://plox.host/datacenters/ams

Whos your real provider? Sorta looks like LevelOneServers for AMS & Dallas and Pure Voltage for NY.

@ploxhost said: List of upstream providers
    Our major carriers include Cogent, Hurricane Electric, CenturyLink, Verizon, and others. More information can be found for each datacenter at https://plox.host/datacenters

You have none of these carriers as a direct upstream?

@ploxhost said: IXP ports availability?
    We have over a 1,000 direct network peers. Access to NYIIX and other network exchanges. Our ASN: AS31786. More information can be found for each datacenter at https://plox.host/datacenters

You do not have a single peer besides PureVoltage, Ssmidge, and Centauri?

@ploxhost said: IPv4 owned or leased?
    We own our IPv4 addresses, ensuring stability and control.

Your IPs on your AS \/

172.111.48.0/24
    NetType: reassignment

199.253.30.0/24
    NetType: reallocation

You do not own any of these ips?

Even on your website it seems to be filled with lies ☹️

"Network Equipment: Juniper MX & EX Routing Equipment. All TOR (top of the rack) switches are Juniper-EX4300. We have spares on-site at all times."

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • Had some pretty negative experiences with ploxhost (unfortunately).

They have discord with some active staffs (Some are directly affiliated and some are just community supporters). Despite that they're very slow in actually resolving the issue. It took a week or more just to activate smtp port, it also took more than 2 weeks in resolving an issue due to network issues with their path.net ddos protection causing network disruptions to my VPS.

Some people at their discord support channel were also pretty frustrated that they haven't gotten their Dedicated servers setuped (despite already being paid).

Their IPs were also littered with so many DDOS attack attempts (although I don't blame them, their main service overall is to host cheap MC servers, and they're bound to be attacked by kiddie scripters.) but these attacks also causes some network issues, One example was when I was using them to host an RTMP streaming service. It had so much packet loss that my OBS only reported 22% out of 2000 frames are actually being sent! I also experience occasional downtime (I get around 98-97% daily uptime) Be warned!

They're an "okay"-ish company but their support is very slow (I feel like they're outstaffed and or does not have enough budget to hire new staff). I have learnt my lesson, and I stood back from this company.

Take this criticism with a grain of salt however. It has been 4 months since I stopped using them, they might've improved during those times and I think their prices are not that bad. Be guided on your judgement.

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • Avoid like the plague! Worst support. Never got a working server and they never refunded me too.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3555360

Hi all,

Some of you may know me, some of you may not. My name is Zack, and I am the owner of PloxHost. I created PloxHost back in 2015 when I was 18 years old.

When I started PloxHost, I have always strived for quality and great support for our clients. Recently, we have strayed from the core values I had when we started.

I spent many hard years of work, and it sickens me that people have had some bad experiences with us. After reading the comments here, it's clear things HAVE TO CHANGE.

I have spent the night talking to others in the industry along with my staff. I have been given some clarity by others on how we can improve things.

While my staff and I work to change our services to go back to our core values when we started (quality support and services), I hope you will continue to support us.

I do appreciate the feedback given here. I am sorry to those we have let down.

Once we have made some changes in the coming weeks, I will create a new thread with updates on how our services have improved.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ploxhost said:
    Hi all,

Some of you may know me, some of you may not. My name is Zack, and I am the owner of PloxHost. I created PloxHost back in 2015 when I was 18 years old.

whois plox.host
    Domain Name: PLOX.HOST
    Registry Domain ID: D19059318-CNIC
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dotserve.website
    Registrar URL: http://dotserve.website
    Updated Date: 2023-08-31T16:50:26.0Z
    Creation Date: 2016-03-27T01:57:09.0Z

Thanked by 1wiggy
  • Stay away!!

ordered a dedi back in march, NEVER got it, went from support tickets to directly emailing [email protected] to starting a paypal dispute and finally got refunded by Paypal

never received an apology or anything from them, they would have been happy to keep my money if it weren't for paypal!

There were other people complaining of not getting their dedis on their discord at the same time

Zack, I truly believe in second chances, how about you start with refunding people for services they never got! just like @kennsann here?

• Aaaaaand Biloh just lost a tagscriber

What a shit show lmao

• my client is interested in minecraft server

• @Dedi7 said:
    Stay away!!

ordered a dedi back in march, NEVER got it, went from support tickets to directly emailing [email protected] to starting a paypal dispute and finally got refunded by Paypal

never received an apology or anything from them, they would have been happy to keep my money if it weren't for paypal!

There were other people complaining of not getting their dedis on their discord at the same time

Zack, I truly believe in second chances, how about you start with refunding people for services they never got! just like @kennsann here?

Thanks tho for the concern, honestly dont care about the refund at this point. Just want to warn everyone about them and how shitty they treated me and it goes to show that I am not the only one here.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited September 2023

@JasonM said:
    my client is interested in minecraft server

By the looks of it, might be better to find another host. Might I suggest @MikeA (ExtraVM) - https://extravm.com/minecraft.php

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@JasonM said:

By the looks of it, might be better to find another host. Might I suggest @MikeA (ExtraVM) - https://extravm.com/minecraft.php

He is trolling but on a serious note, Ploxhost is not new, and while I have never talked with the guy that runs it, I would not consider them to be bad by any means just based off of seeing their history over the years. Obviously I've done Minecraft hosting.. forever. Well before ExtraVM as well, and there's plenty of "actual" shady or shit hosts. They aren't one and I'd be pretty sure that they care more than many others about their business and clients. I agree with the people talking about mixing MC with VPS, dedicated, etc., it does look "less professional" in a way, I've also thought about ways to split them apart on mine, but it's not simple. In the end people don't care really as long as the service provided is genuinely good.

@MikeA said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@JasonM said:

He is trolling but on a serious note, Ploxhost is not new, and while I have never talked with the guy that runs it, I would not consider them to be bad by any means just based off of seeing their history over the years. Obviously I've done Minecraft hosting.. forever. Well before ExtraVM as well, and there's plenty of "actual" shady or shit hosts. They aren't one and I'd be pretty sure that they care more than many others about their business and clients. I agree with the people talking about mixing MC with VPS, dedicated, etc., it does look "less professional" in a way, I've also thought about ways to split them apart on mine, but it's not simple. In the end people don't care really as long as the service provided is genuinely good.

Your not doing what they are though. They are directly marketing for colocation clients. That is a enterprise/b2b type sales.

You seem to not do colocation at all. VPS is whatever, Dedis are also whatever. Sparked offers colocation and they are a perfect middle ground for "professionalism" They don't directly market that they do colo, but you can request it and get it (which is usually for homelab/personal people).

• A colleague and I use Ploxhost to run a small colo and I think they're fine.

I can understand people might have some reservations about "game server hosting" on "enterprise hardware" but hello... Vultr does that too (through Choopa's GameServers brand). A bunch of other people do that too. Ploxhost just happens to do it under the same brand.

Everyone has their own opinions and approach to business, but at the end of the day I don't think this is that big of an issue. There are others within this market sector that have different primary businesses trying to grow more into the VPS market or dedicated server market and that's fine. Ploxhost is just trying to do the same.

If you have reservations about it then just don't buy it. But there are many others who do the same thing but just use a different brand.

@HalfEatenPie said: Vultr does that too (through Choopa's GameServers brand).

So they don't do that....?

@HalfEatenPie said: Everyone has their own opinions and approach to business

take a piece of the pie not try and consume the whole thing at once.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I wanted to share my experience.

My dedicated server has been really solid. The network is great, uptime has been awesome, and I've never had any issues or even have had any questions/issues/problems/etc other than the initial provisioning of the server up until now.

I didn't want to go public with this, but I don't really have any other choice. I agreed with Mark in private on Discord (who works at Plox as one of the managers, operations, and administrators) about a custom rate on a 5900X dedicated server at around $115/month with a 1TB NVMe (BYOD+BYOIP). At the time, that was a very cheap rate, so I took it as I needed a dedicated server in Dallas.

At around March 2023, my dedicated server went from just $115/month all the way up to $189.99/month for absolutely no reason with literally no notice or email notification that my costs were increasing, and I was billed at this increased rate for March, April, and May. I only really noticed this in May because I was going through my invoices and making sure that the amounts were correct. All of the payments are automatic through billing agreements so I didn't manually review the invoices or amounts.

Once I had noticed the mistake/discrepancy, I contacted Mark once again. He repeatedly assured me that the price increase was a mistake, set my invoice back down to $115/month, and said that he would check the invoices & refund me. I asked him to be honest about it and he repeatedly assured me that the price wouldn't increase once again in the future. It was a little bit annoying that the costs increased without any notice and that I was being automatically billed for them, but honestly his response was great and he was apologetic about it. However, he had only checked one of the invoices, and refunded me for $94.04 when I was supposed to be refunded an additional $102.11. I asked for updates over the course of 2-3 months, but he either wouldn't respond or would say that he would check it tomorrow or the day after (but never did).

On July 31st, 2023, I was contacted over email that my dedicated server was increasing in price. My server was due on August 1st. This means that I was given a singular day notice over a 65% price increase. I was a bit pissed off and asked about it over ticket, to be fair to them they set the price back down to $115.99/month and told me that they would only increase it to $135/month by the next month. A 1 month notice is fine, not that big of a deal and honestly a rate increase to $135/month was not unreasonable.

However, I realize that they still had not refunded me for $102.11. Originally, I wanted it back to my original payment method, but I was honestly fine with it back to my account credit balance. Upon opening a ticket about this, they would absolutely refuse to refund me this amount, saying that because everything was done in "private" over Discord with Mark and that they "don't take any billing-related request over Discord," they could not refund me for the time they overcharged me on invoices without any notice or without my authorization.

To be clear, it is obviously fine to raise costs. A lot of providers have done it, even massive providers, whether that be Hetzner, OVH, etc. However, doing it without notice and unexpectedly increasing my costs, then one of the managers calling that a mistake & repeatedly assuring me that my costs wouldn't increase without refunding me for the full amount is a bit weird. All they needed to do was just send one email at least a few days before my service was due and I would've been perfectly fine.

It is honestly kind of a shame and a little disappointing. The dedicated server itself, was again, perfect. I've never had any major issues with Plox prior to this one and the network/hardware has been awesome. This is just my experience with trying to deal with their billing department in order to get this amount at least refunded back to my account balance.