Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20% Discount on All Yearly Contract Prolongations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

20% Discount on All Yearly Contract Prolongations

contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2023 in Offers

As the leaves begin to fall, so do our prices. As a token of gratitude to our existing customers, we’re offering a 20% discount on all 12-month contract prolongations. This offer applies to VPS, VDS, and Dedicated Servers. Ready to save on your server costs?

Hurry, this time-limited offer is only valid for a week!

Comments

• Please note, that if you have no active subscription you will not be able to log in. Please order new products as a new customer on contabo.com.

So you mean "existing customers" are only whom have active service only. users with previous service are valueless. nice thank you.

• Last year I bought object storage, but the experience was not great. I used it for 2 months and then didn't renew. After that, my account was quickly deleted. :|

• @bdspice said:
    Please note, that if you have no active subscription you will not be able to log in. Please order new products as a new customer on contabo.com.

So you mean "existing customers" are only whom have active service only. users with previous service are valueless. nice thank you.

so it is not "new user friendly" offer?

• @supremasi said:

@bdspice said:
    Please note, that if you have no active subscription you will not be able to log in. Please order new products as a new customer on contabo.com.

so it is not "new user friendly" offer?

not "old user friendly" also. only "old active user friendly"

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I for one like that promo.
    That said, there should be some goodie for "inactive" existing customers too.

• adnsadns Member
    edited September 2023

One of my clients asked the support about how to apply this discount. They gave an unusable reply.
    So I found the solution if anyone interested. At services click on upgrade near to your desired VPS subscription and apply the discount.

When my client confirms that he want it I'll apply it to him and will write my experience.

• I believe that I will take advantage of the promotion, I have been a customer for over 10 years, and I have already referred more than 200 of my clients for contact. The service has always been spectacular, but in the last 30 days the amount of downtime has been absurd. Just another downtime.

https://contabo-status.com/

6.09.2023 11:03 pm (UTC+2) Disruption in New York data center
    Estimated duration: 180 minutes
    There is currently a disruption in our data center in New York. Our technicians are already busy solving the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.

Please follow the updates on contabo-status.com and don’t contact our support regarding this issue as we are all focused on identifying the problem. Next update will be published at 00:30 CEST

Thanked by 1contabo_m
  • contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

@samucamg said:

I believe that I will take advantage of the promotion, I have been a customer for over 10 years, and I have already referred more than 200 of my clients for contact. The service has always been spectacular, but in the last 30 days the amount of downtime has been absurd. Just another downtime.

We really appreciate your devotion! We are actually working on a long-term solution for this recurring issue, will keep you posted on our social media channels.

• @contabo_m, will paying for another 12 months so 24 months in advance still benefit from the 20% discount?

• @contabo_m said:

@samucamg said:

I believe that I will take advantage of the promotion, I have been a customer for over 10 years, and I have already referred more than 200 of my clients for contact. The service has always been spectacular, but in the last 30 days the amount of downtime has been absurd. Just another downtime.

We really appreciate your devotion! We are actually working on a long-term solution for this recurring issue, will keep you posted on our social media channels.

I hope you guys fix it soon, because we had a long downtime yesterday, and today I barely started working and again another downtime.

• @contabo_m

Contabo, how many times ask you and where so you stop spamming? Why do you collect passports and address proofs from customers if you violate German laws anyway?

I sent you to PM. Please, stop doing it.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@tsoft said:
    @contabo_m

Contabo, how many times ask you and where so you stop spamming? Why do you collect passports and address proofs from customers if you violate German laws anyway?

I sent you to PM. Please, stop doing it.

Please state the "violated" laws.

• @BasToTheMax said:
    Please state the "violated" laws.

Host spammers that flood mailboxes without consent, opt-in, opt-out, or any identification.

• I thought it appropriate to report it on this form:
    https://contabo.com/en/abuse/

• @balloon said:
    I thought it appropriate to report it on this form:
    https://contabo.com/en/abuse/

Tried many times, does not work. They do not read it.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2023

@bdspice said: So you mean "existing customers" are only whom have active service only. users with previous service are valueless. nice thank you.

I guess they should have said "current customers" instead of "existing customers"... maybe lost in translation.

There's always going to be complains. When deals are only for new customers, there's complaints that they should be available to current customers. When deals are only for current customers, there's complaints that they should be available to new customers.

Too many companies have deals for new customers only (i.e. the deals are only for acquisition rather than retention), so I appreciate that there's at least one company that has offers for existing customers.

Thanked by 2fluffernutter Pixels
  • Accept you Crypto?

• Didn't know they introduced or reintroduced Cloud VPS XS for 2.99.

• Not a current customer, but I appreciate companies giving something to current clients

It’s A LOT cheaper to keep clients compred to getting them

Mentioned this too in the Hetzner thread where they rewarded new clients with free credits, they could have offered HALF of that to existing paying users instead and people would be very thankful and stay for longer

But that requires long-term thinking and most companies lack it when it comes to sales

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Daniel15 said:

@bdspice said: So you mean "existing customers" are only whom have active service only. users with previous service are valueless. nice thank you.

I guess they should have said "current customers" instead of "existing customers"... maybe lost in translation.

There's always going to be complains. When deals are only for new customers, there's complaints that they should be available to current customers. When deals are only for current customers, there's complaints that they should be available to new customers.

Too many companies have deals for new customers only (i.e. the deals are only for acquisition rather than retention), so I appreciate that there's at least one company that has offers for existing customers.

While I agree and I have taken advantage of this offer myself, these type of complaints wouldn't exist if they adopted an approach such as Mullvad's: this is our monthly price (€5), want it for a year? (€5*12) No discounts for newcomers or existing customers. Same price for everyone. Take it or leave it.

There's a game developer that has a similar philosophy and they have never done any discounts on their game, Factorio, which I highly recommend.

As @emgh said I'd rather keep existing customers (because it probably is better in the long run) but companies usually take the shortest path.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2023

@emgh said: Mentioned this too in the Hetzner thread where they rewarded new clients with free credits, they could have offered HALF of that to existing paying users instead and people would be very thankful and stay for longer

But that requires long-term thinking and most companies lack it when it comes to sales

The likely difference is that Hetzner won't have issues keeping customers once they have them. Contabo on the other hand, different story.

for the most part, I tend to relate deals for existing clients as a sign of higher-than-expected churn. So more that they are trying to stop clients from leaving before they do. This offer is not for existing clients only those who have active services today.

• @Lee said: The likely difference is that Hetzner won't have issues keeping customers once they have them. Contabo on the other hand, different story.

Highly doubt

I think churn is high for every cloud provider without specialized offerings like AWS, GCP & Azure

• @emgh said: I think churn is high for every cloud provider

Of course, but, providers like Hetzner, AWS, and others have no issue maintaining overall numbers. Therefore no need to offer paying clients deals.

Contabo, in my view, is not offering this to in-contract clients only out of kindness. If their numbers were good on renewals they would have no need to lose 20%.

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@Lee said: Of course, but, providers like Hetzner, AWS, and others have no issue maintaining overall numbers. Therefore no need to offer paying clients deals.

It's not about maintaining overall numbers, it's about the cheapest growth

If you can keep more clients, and get the same amount of new clients, you grow more

@Lee said: Contabo, in my view, is not offering this to in-contract clients only out of kindness.

Not talking about kindness, talking about cheap increased retention

• We'll never know the real motive behind this offer but still this >

@Lee said: If their numbers were good on renewals they would have no need to lose 20%.