Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel - can not create mailing list
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel - can not create mailing list

Hello!

There's a cPanel WHm self-hosted, version 112.

When I try to create a mailman mailing list, I can do it but when I try to send an e-mail to it, exim log says that address not exists. When I invite myself over admin panel, I receive the welcome mail but when I reply it with unchanged subject field, I got address not exists error too and I can't confirm the subscription.

so my problem is that when I create the mailing list, it's addresses not created and can not accept any mail.

If you have any idea, please help me to solve this issue.

hanks:)

Comments

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

Is your inbound and outbound on the same server, I have seen this when for example have cPanel account for domain1 but use different service for inbound for my example lets say cloudflare, then when you send an email on cPanel to that email it will assume that because the domain1 is a domain on the cPanel server and its not got a mailbox it will not send, basically it is telling you that you whatever email address you are sending an email to does not exist and most likely because it does not exist on the same server you are sending the email from.

I hope you understand that, to put it simply are you trying to send an email to a domain that is already hosted on the same cPanel server and if so then you need to make sure the email address exists

• @bethp said:
    Is your inbound and outbound on the same server, I have seen this when for example have cPanel account for domain1 but use different service for inbound for my example lets say cloudflare, then when you send an email on cPanel to that email it will assume that because the domain1 is a domain on the cPanel server and its not got a mailbox it will not send, basically it is telling you that you whatever email address you are sending an email to does not exist and most likely because it does not exist on the same server you are sending the email from.

I hope you understand that, to put it simply are you trying to send an email to a domain that is already hosted on the same cPanel server and if so then you need to make sure the email address exists

Thanks for your idea. Yes, hosted on same server.

• check the email routing settings:
    https://docs.cpanel.net/cpanel/email/email-routing/

Thanked by 1adns
  • @loay said:
    check the email routing settings:
    https://docs.cpanel.net/cpanel/email/email-routing/

Very big thanks for your help, it was the solution. It was set to manage by another mail provider and in MX records the cPanel server was set.

Thanked by 1loay