Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone tried Wint.Global Shared Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone tried Wint.Global Shared Hosting?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited September 2023 in General

Found out about them through german MyDealz (deals forum) and it seems like they have some crazy priced shared hosting, like 15GB Plesk Webspace with Softaculous, LE Certs, DynDNS Support, and a free DE domain for just 7,20€/yr (incl VAT), 6,05€/yr (excl VAT).

Has anyone tried them yet? They're a company based in Germany and they get mentioned quite often on MyDealz, when someone is looking for an affordable webspace and according to NorthData they appear to have been around since 2013. Apparent it's part of the WIRCON group and the guy who founded SAP (Dietmar Hopp) appears to be affiliated with it, too. Google Reviews seem to be a mixed bag, but they still seem to have a fan-base.

Thanked by 2BruhGamer12 Arkas

Comments

• Never head of them, but will give a try.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Can not find this deal in mydealz

• @JasonM said:
    Never head of them, but will give a try.

If you do, please let me know. I contacted them yesterday to ask whether this is SSD Space on the webhosting plans.

@dzungbb said:
    Can not find this deal in mydealz

The last deal posted about them is quite old on mydealz, but the name pops up quite often whenever someone asks about shared hosting deals, or in a collective "webhosting under 1€/mo" thread from 2021: https://www.mydealz.de/share-deal-from-app/1888126

• Hmmm seems interesting - especially the free domain. They must be losing money, at least for the first year, with the domain no?

• @Ympker said:

@JasonM said:

If you do, please let me know. I contacted them yesterday to ask whether this is SSD Space on the webhosting plans.

@dzungbb said:

The last deal posted about them is quite old on mydealz, but the name pops up quite often whenever someone asks about shared hosting deals, or in a collective "webhosting under 1€/mo" thread from 2021: https://www.mydealz.de/share-deal-from-app/1888126

Anyway, the price is not so special compare to other LET providers...

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@BruhGamer12 said:
    Hmmm seems interesting - especially the free domain. They must be losing money, at least for the first year, with the domain no?

I'm not too sure tbh. I've got a Netcup DE domain for like 2€(?!)/yr recurring. But yeah, probably a very close margin. Yet reviews on Hosttest seem good, Google reviews are a mixed bag, but ppl on mydealz keep recommending them. They're also in business since 2013 and Germany based, which for me is a home bias. They even have a support hotline (phone; note how the phone number doesn't say "NO SUPPORT"?) and some review stated they replied them around 4am.

Fwiw, they also offer cPanel plans but at twice the price (1,20€/mo). That's to be expected, though.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@dzungbb said:

@Ympker said:

@JasonM said:

@dzungbb said:

Anyway, the price is not so special compare to other LET providers...

With 15GB disk space (if it's ssd that would je great) and a DE Domain it's quite good imho.
    Most shared deals from here under 10€/yr were about 5GB disk space iirc. Then again, I haven't checked in a while.

• @Ympker said:

@BruhGamer12 said:
    Hmmm seems interesting - especially the free domain. They must be losing money, at least for the first year, with the domain no?

I'm not too sure tbh. I've got a Netcup DE domain for like 2€(?!)/yr recurring. But yeah, probably a very close margin. Yet reviews on Hosttest seem good, Google reviews are a mixed bag, but ppl on mydealz keep recommending them. They're also in business since 2013 and Germany based, which for me is a home bias. They even have a support hotline (phone; note how the phone number doesn't say "NO SUPPORT"?) and some review stated they replied them around 4am.

Oh dang lol that is actually impressive indeed - I can just imagine some dude sitting by himself for like 10 hours getting paid to watch Netflix and answer the the rare call about a Wordpress plugin at 4 am

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ympker said: Has anyone tried them yet?

I'm using them since 2016 and it's been a flawless experience so far. I needed their support once to debug a mail delivery issue and they've been quick and helpful.

Only drawback: Their shared hosting plans don't support IPv6 ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @brueggus said:

I'm using them since 2016 and it's been a flawless experience so far. I needed their support once to debug a mail delivery issue and they've been quick and helpful.

Which plan, bro?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@BruhGamer12 said:

@Ympker said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

Oh dang lol that is actually impressive indeed - I can just imagine some dude sitting by himself for like 10 hours getting paid to watch Netflix and answer the the rare call about a Wordpress plugin at 4 am

I think in that case it was a ticket (I mentioned the hotline just for the sake of it) :D

Btw. confirmed via email inquiry that the webspace is SSD.

Thanked by 1loay

@dzungbb said:

@brueggus said:

Which plan, bro?

Starter Birthday 1.0, bro. 7 GB storage, unlimited traffic, .de domain included. It's been a birthday promo and no longer available for ordering.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @brueggus said: Starter Birthday 1.0, bro. 7 GB storage, unlimited traffic, .de domain included. It's been a birthday promo and no longer available for ordering.

Their offer is recurring?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@loay said:

@brueggus said: Starter Birthday 1.0, bro. 7 GB storage, unlimited traffic, .de domain included. It's been a birthday promo and no longer available for ordering.

Seems like a special offer. The offer in op is recurring though.

Thanked by 1loay

@loay said:

@brueggus said: Starter Birthday 1.0, bro. 7 GB storage, unlimited traffic, .de domain included. It's been a birthday promo and no longer available for ordering.

Yes. I think there was a slight price increase few years ago but it hasn't been significant.

Thanked by 2loay Ympker
  • Do they have any similar offers now?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Do they have a current deal going?

• @Arkas said:
    Do they have a current deal going?

@dzungbb

This appears to be their "special offer" page: https://wint.global/aktionsangebote/

But tbh, the "normal plans" such as in OP are better.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • The free domains are valid for the life of the hosting service or?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Ympker said: But tbh, the "normal plans" such as in OP are better.

prices are excellent. It doesn't say how many domains you can host on the 'classic'.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@Arkas said:
    Do they have a current deal going?> @lala_th said:
    The free domains are valid for the life of the hosting service or?

I'd assume so. Definitely not if the plan is cancelled, I'd reckon.

@Arkas said:

@Ympker said: But tbh, the "normal plans" such as in OP are better.

prices are excellent. It doesn't say how many domains you can host on the 'classic'.

I can ask them, too. I also invited them over in case they wanted to answer questions :)
    I also asked if Plesk DNS Manager is enabled (so I can just enter their nameserver in my registrar), or if I need to manage with registrar.

Thanked by 2Arkas lala_th
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

Update: I have received some extra information after contacting them via email.

I've summed it up here:

While limits are nothing special, at the price point offered it may be a good choice for light-weight websites or small projects. 10 domains is the max. number of domains that can be used. It's either x external domains + free domains from the plan (max. 10 domains in total though), or 10 external domains (choice is up to you). Of course, you can also order Domains with them which also count towards the 10 domains limit.

Thanked by 3loay sebkehl lala_th
  • 256mb memory limit? Is it 256mb really

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@dzungbb said:
    256mb memory limit? Is it 256mb really

The email is displayed a bit weird in Outlook (I hope I got the stats right; see screenshot below), but I think that's what it meant:

• @Ympker do you know if they are using any SMTP relay service for mail delivery?

• @lala_th said:
    @Ympker do you know if they are using any SMTP relay service for mail delivery?

Sorry, I don't know about that.

Thanked by 1lala_th