Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XenPower Powered by Prometeus 1gb 6.05 $ Xen Vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XenPower Powered by Prometeus 1gb 6.05 $ Xen Vps

nocomnocom Member
edited December 2013 in Offers

If anyone interested Prometeus launched intro price with XenPower.com brand, just received e-mail for Xen Power plans with a 25% discount using the coupon XENPOWER25 (one use per client)

short version: XP1G: 2vCPU, 1GB RAM, 120GB DISK, 2TB transfer @ €5.9/month or €59/year ($7.7 or $ 77) with promocode 6.05 $ / month
The servers deployed for Xen Power use latest Intel E5 v2 CPU with 12 sata enterprise disks configured in RAID 10

extended with more plans XenPower Powered by Prometeus

and

XenPower.Com

Thanked by 2prometeus mpkossen

Comments

• Texas or Italy?

XenPower.com

• Oh nice I hope they'll install windows for me :3

• Too tempting, this can most likely replace a much more expensive dedi I have.

Congrats with another superb offer, Sal!

Thanked by 1prometeus
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Thank you guys, a budget offer with xen was on the radar since a while

(and I wanted to use that damn domain I registered more than 4 years ago)

:-D

Thanked by 3emilv budi1413 bobby
  • Snappy, even for @prometeus :)

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz Number of cores : 6 CPU frequency : 2099.998 MHz Total amount of ram : 3949 MB Total amount of swap : 2047 MB System uptime : 19 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 98.6MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.93MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 495KB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 43.7MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 81.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.84MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.24MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.15MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 13.3MB/s I/O speed : 410 MB/s

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited December 2013

edit

Thanked by 1prometeus
  • prometeus said: that damn domain

Xen... Power!!! :D

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Ruriko said:
    Oh nice I hope they'll install windows for me :3

This is Xen-PV, cannot run windows, but you can do that with your own iso at www.iwstack.com

Thanked by 1bobby
  • Maounique said: This is Xen-PV

.. and thanks for that :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • How much swap allocated for each plan?

Btw, last time i have hard time using xen pv. After doing apt- get update and apt-get upgrade then reboot, there'll be no network connection. Can someone explain to me simply what's wrong actually? :D

NP, we prefer Xen-PV due to speed, it has lower overhead than KVM and can run own kernel, use emulated NIC, drive and all, so you can run any program without a need for special modules, it is extremely stable, we never had to reboot our nodes and none crashed so far so we have about 500 days uptime on the oldest ones.
    If someone needs full virtualization, we have KVM for that, our cloud is KVM so people can link their own ISOs if they do not wish to use our templates.

• budi1413 said: How much swap allocated for each plan?

I got 2gb for the 4gb plan, so half?

@bobby said:
    I got 2gb for the 4gb plan, so half?

yes, since it's a regular disk logical volume we decided to use half. You can always add a file for swap from your disk space, if required...

Thanked by 1bobby

@budi1413 said:
    Btw, last time i have hard time using xen pv. After doing apt- get update and apt-get upgrade then reboot, there'll be no network connection. Can someone explain to me simply what's wrong actually? :D

Were you using ubuntu by any chance ? From what i remember, it had a bug on upgrades with the network but could be solved by logging to the console, bringing it up manually and redo the config. I think that was some months ago, though, it is likely fixed since we didnt get anymore tickets about it in a long time.

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2013

Maounique said: ubuntu

No, it's already a year but i think it's Debian or CentOS since i'm just using that both os all of this time. That time i'm using BudgetVM.

edit: Uncle already give his answer via pm. Thanks btw @Maonique :)

• Unless its a geo-issue, I just dont get why people use other hosts in eu.

Like always, it just works, no need for tickets or any crap when vm is provisioned.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited December 2013

One more thing:
    We are getting tickets asking why are we charging so much on our Biz Xen offer when we could do it cheaper with more disk space.
    Well, there are many differences.
    The Biz machines have lower ram, are not filled and have fewer VPSes on them sharing the same 1 gbps port. Not to mention this is our first ever SATA offer all before were SAS/SAN/SSD. I do not need to tell you the difference, I hope :)
    Also the SSD offer has even lower ram per node.
    One other important difference is that games and irc + P2P are not allowed on the Biz line to avoid trouble for the other customers, presumably companies that cannot tolerate downtime or overloaded disk/port/cpu with many things including DDoS.
    Now, since we get DDoS protected IPs we can offer IRC people Xen also for gamers at a low price, practically extending the overzold budget concept (but not the overselling) to Xen.
    The two offers are very different, they are addressed to different markets and cater for different needs.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • quality

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • What are the specs of the nodes?

• @rchurch said:
    What are the specs of the nodes?

From email:
    he servers deployed for Xen Power use latest Intel E5 v2 CPU with 12 sata enterprise disks configured in RAID 10.

Thanked by 1prometeus

Dual E5 2620 v2 , 128GB RAM, 12 disks 3TB Ultrastar 7K4000 SATA in RAID 10

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2013

Look like a new node to me. :)

• Is there pv-grub or similar solution available?

• @prometeus Do you have future plans for XEN USA location? Or your cloud products?

@hdpixel said:
    prometeus Do you have future plans for XEN USA location? Or your cloud products?

yes we plan to do more in the USA, at present we just launched a special XEN plan with a good chunk of ssd disk
    http://www.prometeus.net/sito/node/59

The 40% discount make it a good deal I suppose :-)

• @prometeus Does the Xen plan in Dallas support Windows? BYO license?

@hdpixel said:
    prometeus Does the Xen plan in Dallas support Windows? BYO license?

It's xen-pv, so it doesn't, onli linux templates.