Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think of web3, web3 domain names and web3 coins and anything you would like to sahr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you guys think of web3, web3 domain names and web3 coins and anything you would like to sahr

First all, these may sounds like all buzzwords. do you think with web3, we can build decentralization with blockchain technology where shop with cryptocurrencies, is controlled by users with privacy-focused? (not even sure what I am thinking). Please share your thought.

Comments

• One day, maybe. But not with how they're implemented and perceived today which just end up as ponzi scheme & money laundering.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited September 2023

Privacy on a public ledger sounds silly. Keeping true pseudononymity is practically impossible. Not having things logged at all (or at least having room for deniability) is best for privacy.

Web3 is probably the worst buzzword I've seen so far, no two definitions by two different people are the same. Promises about giving user more power and being trustless sounds plain empty. If an entity has the power to print certificates, then you're basically trusting them. Nothing wrong with that, but it's nothing new at all. Might as well as just use PGP. Oh, and monetisation for actions that are already free sounds horrible.

The only thing I found interesting was those Handshake domains, which seemed reasonable. Those who need to manage keypairs most likely know what they're doing (since they already manage SSL keys), and DNS record propagations need not be fast. I would have liked those to go mainstream, but TLDs got hoarded into oblivion.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Almost all entirely garbage.

• Looks like a ponzi scheme to me