Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried infomaniak cloud ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried infomaniak cloud ?

infomaniak have really cheap prices also give trials for 3 month? haven't found any banchmark or test online

Comments

• Where is the cheap at all I see is from €29

• @johndeo983 said:
    Where is the cheap at all I see is from €29

15 euro 4vcore ,8gb, maybe you check managed services they start from 29 euro

• cant' say about their cloud, but I'm using Ksuite's kdrive 2tb plan for one of the EU client of mine. The upload and download speeds are good, better than Backblaze b2 in EU.

• Good to see this one. Is there any information on their datacenters?

• They are rather at expensive side, had good routing to their network. I didnt try server personally though.

• Is anyone familiar with the way Infomaniak handles value-added tax (VAT) for customers outside of Europe?

• @johndeo983 said:
    Where is the cheap at all I see is from €29

Look at their Public Cloud offering, not their VPS offering.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2023

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    Is anyone familiar with the way Infomaniak handles value-added tax (VAT) for customers outside of Europe?

Switzerland is not part of the European Union. However they handle their own relatively small 7.7% (soon 8.1%) VAT for customers outside of Europe they handle it the same as for customers inside of Europe ;-)

• I resell with infomaniak and have migrated a lot of customers to thier shared hosting, VPS, and Cloud.

I use their kmail for few of my projects and family email.

I have build entire infrastructure with thier public cloud so let me know what you need to know.

• Also at my previous work, migrated out development environment from AWS to infomaniak.

Entire private network front end with OpenVPN.

• Do any foreign customers need to request a tax refund?

@vikiahm3d said: I resell with infomaniak and have migrated a lot of customers to thier shared hosting, VPS, and Cloud.

Do you currently have any customers in the Americas?

• They are well known for providing quality services.
    However, they are far from being in the low-cost segment.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @Turbo_Pascal said:
    Do any foreign customers need to request a tax refund?

@vikiahm3d said: I resell with infomaniak and have migrated a lot of customers to thier shared hosting, VPS, and Cloud.

Do you currently have any customers in the Americas?

I have customers in US mainly using kDrive and backups with emails. For billing I think it's based on the billing address if its outside EU they don't charge any vat.

Thanked by 1Turbo_Pascal
  • i know its a bit necro, but does anyone here have a vps (for 3 eur/month) from infomaniak? (https://www.infomaniak.com/de/hosting/vps-lite)

• Iam more interested in there ksuite anyone got experience with it I wanna drop Workspaces getting way to expensive.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited April 9

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Iam more interested in there ksuite anyone got experience with it I wanna drop Workspaces getting way to expensive.

i use: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/hosting/service-mail

but activly looking for a family emailsolution.

• @hyperblast said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Iam more interested in there ksuite anyone got experience with it I wanna drop Workspaces getting way to expensive.

i use: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/hosting/service-mail

but activly looking for a family emailsolution.

How is it and how is the KDrive ?