Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need your opinion - EthernetServers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need your opinion - EthernetServers

TechnoCloudTechnoCloud Member
edited August 2023 in Providers

I purchased a VPS from @EthernetServers The support is extremely long to answer sometimes half a day. These understandable I have the impression that managed by a person who must have a second job.

Normally these indicate 8 Intel CPU Cores Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz

However, in my panel I can see a CPU limitation that does not reflect 2.2 GHZ at all.

Do you have a suggestion for another provider with the same kind of free Directadmin offer included?

I know that dedicated servers are the best thing but I'd rather see the market first and look at all the possibilities but I'm a bit disappointed with Ethernets Servers I was expecting something good.

Highlight: 5Gb/s shared internet connection ( Speedtest.net not the benchmark )

Another strong point is that the hard disk seems to be very fast in reading and writing.

Here's the result on a benchmark obtained.
Tell me what you think.

Did you have better result on they plan ?

I'm probably completely wrong and that's a very good result. Let me know, I'm learning just like everyone else who's just starting out.

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes
Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz
CPU cores : 8 @ 1100.000 MHz
AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM : 12.0 GiB
Swap : 1.0 GiB
Disk : 236.1 GiB
Distro : AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Kernel : 4.18.0
VM Type : OPENVZ
IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:

ISP : Limestone Networks, Inc.
ASN : AS46475 Limestone Networks, Inc.
Host : Ethernet Servers

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
Read 48.17 MB/s (12.0k) 370.66 MB/s (5.7k)
Write 48.22 MB/s (12.0k) 372.61 MB/s (5.8k)
Total 96.40 MB/s (24.1k) 743.27 MB/s (11.6k)
Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
------ --- ---- ---- ----
Read 348.37 MB/s (680) 507.64 MB/s (495)
Write 366.88 MB/s (716) 541.45 MB/s (528)
Total 715.26 MB/s (1.3k) 1.04 GB/s (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
Clouvider London, UK (10G) 57.1 Mbits/sec 138 Mbits/sec 66.7 ms
Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) 2.47 Gbits/sec busy 76.0 ms
NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) busy 1.34 Gbits/sec 71.6 ms
Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) busy 424 Mbits/sec 175 ms
Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 1.38 Gbits/sec busy 2.92 ms
Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 109 Mbits/sec 311 Mbits/sec 39.8 ms
Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) busy busy 65.9 ms

Comments

• zGatozGato Member
    edited August 2023

EDIT: Seems like you have a managed VPS, and their support is "24/7/365 Technical Support
    ". For the price you're paying and for what you're getting, I don't feel it's worth the money...

That bench is not that bad actually, but we would need GB6 tests aswell to really see the CPU performance. Other than that, network seems fairly okay (latency is very impressive to the EU actually)

I'm not sure how much you're paying, but you're getting OpenVZ which is more oversold than KVM (in 99% of cases I know) but perhaps they limit to 1.1Ghz but those CPU are basically dedicated? not sure (either way, for what you're paying, you should atleast get KVM and more CPU power)

• TechnoCloudTechnoCloud Member
    edited August 2023

@zGato said:
    EDIT: Seems like you have a managed VPS, and their support is "24/7/365 Technical Support
    ". For the price you're paying and for what you're getting, I don't feel it's worth the money...

That bench is not that bad actually, but we would need GB6 tests aswell to really see the CPU performance. Other than that, network seems fairly okay (latency is very impressive to the EU actually)

I'm not sure how much you're paying, but you're getting OpenVZ which is more oversold than KVM (in 99% of cases I know) but perhaps they limit to 1.1Ghz but those CPU are basically dedicated? not sure.

I am paying : $58.95 USD month
    And support is very very slow.

i will post final GB6 test in few minutes but it's feel very bad for now.
    It's why i want to expose this situation about what i got for the price and see if i feel i am overpaying

https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/2431838

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@zGato said:

$44/m for 12GB RAM is $3.60 per 1GB, quite affordable and much cheaper than most "Managed VPS" providers with included licenses which add cost to them. I'd say it's worth it for a managed service, since support replies are still under 24 hours.

• @MikeA said:

@zGato said:

$44/m for 12GB RAM is $3.60 per 1GB, quite affordable and much cheaper than most "Managed VPS" providers with included licenses which add cost to them. I'd say it's worth it for a managed service, since support replies are still under 24 hours.

But the CPU was limited to 1.1 instead of 2.2 that's weerd no ?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited August 2023

@MikeA said:

@zGato said:

OpenVZ, basically shared RAM (you can never tell if you can use 100% of that), they only give Softaculous Premium License based on their website (DirectAdmin seems to be an extra for what the OP is paying, $58.95 USD month in total)

Managed service with 24h replies I don't feel it's correct when they're advertising 24/7 support.

• @zGato said:

@MikeA said:

@zGato said:

OpenVZ, basically shared RAM (you can never tell if you can use 100% of that), they only give Softaculous Premium License based on their website (DirectAdmin seems to be an extra for what the OP is paying, $58.95 USD month in total)

Managed service with 24h replies I don't feel it's correct when they're advertising 24/7 support.

"24/7/365 Technical Support" is a term used to describe uninterrupted and continuous technical assistance or customer support services that are available around the clock, every day of the week, and throughout the entire year, including holidays (365 days).

Here's a breakdown of the components of this term:

24/7: This stands for "24 hours a day, 7 days a week." It indicates that the technical support service is available at all times, whether it's during the day or night, weekdays or weekends.

365: This represents all 365 days of the year. It means that the technical support is available on every single day of the year, including holidays, without any breaks.

So, when a company offers 24/7/365 technical support, it's highlighting that customers or users can reach out for help, troubleshooting, or assistance with their products or services at any time, day or night, throughout the entire year. This level of support is particularly important for critical systems, online services, and businesses that operate globally across different time zones.

• They just reply to me
    Pretty good news !

• @TechnoCloud said:

@zGato said:

@MikeA said:

@zGato said:

"24/7/365 Technical Support" is a term used to describe uninterrupted and continuous technical assistance or customer support services that are available around the clock, every day of the week, and throughout the entire year, including holidays (365 days).

24/7: This stands for "24 hours a day, 7 days a week." It indicates that the technical support service is available at all times, whether it's during the day or night, weekdays or weekends.

365: This represents all 365 days of the year. It means that the technical support is available on every single day of the year, including holidays, without any breaks.

So, when a company offers 24/7/365 technical support, it's highlighting that customers or users can reach out for help, troubleshooting, or assistance with their products or services at any time, day or night, throughout the entire year. This level of support is particularly important for critical systems, online services, and businesses that operate globally across different time zones.

Did you just AI-gen this? lol

@TechnoCloud said:
    They just reply to me
    Pretty good news !

Glad to hear 😀

• @doghouch said:

@TechnoCloud said:

@zGato said:

@MikeA said:

@zGato said:

Did you just AI-gen this? lol

@TechnoCloud said:
    They just reply to me
    Pretty good news !

Glad to hear 😀

Yes , i got AI for this i love so much ChatGPT lol