Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you tell me if Frantech company is good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpscpvpscp Member
edited August 2023 in Help

He has about 600 reviews, so I ordered a hosting package.

But I did not receive the details of my hosting package automatically even though I paid with my debit card.

I opened a support ticket and asked. His answer

Our Billing Department is open between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM GMT-7 Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM GMT-7 Saturday. Closed on Sunday and US holidays.

Your ticket has been flagged to the appropriate staff member, and will be addressed during business hours once the department is open.

Don't they provide 24/7 support?

Comments

• The provide 24/7 tech support, but billing is office hours.

If you're not a premier or crypto customer, you'll need to wait for manual activation.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • @vpscp said: Can you tell me if Frantech company is good?

>

Very good, don't worry :) Stable company.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • xxslxxsl Member, LIR

Frantech is very trustworthy and stable in my eyes and usually they have professional support

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • They just have a weird rule that if you paid through Paypal you have to register with the same email as Paypal or there will be problems.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • @jenkki said:
    They just have a weird rule that if you paid through Paypal you have to register with the same email as Paypal or there will be problems.

That's what PayPal requires, too. As it's to defend against disputes to get free service.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • tjntjn Member

Frantech is great, don't worry.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • @c1vhosting said: That's what PayPal requires, too. As it's to defend against disputes to get free service.

I've never seen hosting companies make such a requirement. They're just afraid of stolen accounts. But that's hardly helpful. You're not selling, you're renting. You can always terminate the service if things go wrong.

Thanked by 1vpscp
  • @jenkki said:

@c1vhosting said: That's what PayPal requires, too. As it's to defend against disputes to get free service.

I've never seen hosting companies make such a requirement. They're just afraid of stolen accounts. But that's hardly helpful. You're not selling, you're renting. You can always terminate the service if things go wrong.

People looking for machines using stolen PayPal accounts are probably not the sort of people you want on your machines / network; it's seems a pretty obvious anti-fraud position to take.

Thanked by 2tentor c1vhosting
  • You are in great hands. They just want to make sure that they bring in good clients. This helps you in the end because they have fewer bad clients that could mess up the network.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @c1vhosting said:

@jenkki said:
    They just have a weird rule that if you paid through Paypal you have to register with the same email as Paypal or there will be problems.

That's what PayPal requires, too. As it's to defend against disputes to get free service.

I'm using PayPal to pay for nearly all VPSes and shared hosting plans and my PayPal is on separate email address. I've never encountered this issue.
    Are you sure that PayPal requires that for all business and its not FranTech specific?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @ahnlak said:
    The provide 24/7 tech support, but billing is office hours.

If you're not a premier or crypto customer, you'll need to wait for manual activation.

@c1vhosting said: Very good, don't worry Stable company.

@xxsl said: Frantech is very trustworthy and stable in my eyes and usually they have professional support

@jenkki said:

Thank you very much,

@c1vhosting said:

@jenkki said:

I have a Paypal account.
    But I went through Paypal and paid with my card without logging into my Paypal account. I am afraid to pay to unknown sites because the card is automatically added, so I do so.
    Will I have a problem?

@tjn said:
    Frantech is great, don't worry.

Thank you very much,

• @jenkki said: I've never seen hosting companies make such a requirement. They're just afraid of stolen accounts. But that's hardly helpful. You're not selling, you're renting. You can always terminate the service if things go wrong.

>

But a company like Frantech will have a lot of disputes (to get the service for free, not as the service is bad/not delivered), and if paypal can't be sure the paypal's user and the company's user are the same, they'll refund the user.

• @AXYZE said: Are you sure that PayPal requires that for all business and its not FranTech specific?

>

PayPal does when there's a dispute.

• @vpscp said: Will I have a problem?

>

You shouldn't.

• @AXYZE said: Are you sure that PayPal requires that for all business and its not FranTech specific?

When I registered with them a couple years ago they opened a ticket why I didn't register with the same Paypal address. I said that I use a separate mail for registration and a separate mail for Paypal and it's okay to protect myself from fraud. In the end we resolved the issue.

• @c1vhosting said:

@AXYZE said: Are you sure that PayPal requires that for all business and its not FranTech specific?

>

PayPal does when there's a dispute.

Hmmm... I have different mailbox for GreenCloud, RackNerd, HostHatch (maybe couple of more hosts) and I never had problem with payment.
    For RackNerd I paid like 10 invoices, most recent one like a month ago... So I'm not sure if that is PayPal requirement, maybe for new businesses / higher risk?

• @c1vhosting said: PayPal does when there's a dispute.

Yes, it was. Now we don't have Paypal, so whatever. I just want to warn you about a possible mistake when registering.

• @AXYZE said: Are you sure

Yes i was on hold the 1st time because my registered and paypal address were mismatch, so simple email to Karen fixed things. They are great provider and take things very serious and im glad that they do it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jenkki said:

@c1vhosting said: That's what PayPal requires, too. As it's to defend against disputes to get free service.

Sounds like you've never had to pay out for receiving a fraud order. If you accept stolen payments, you may actually have to pay money on top of the refund to handle the chargeback. Letting people actively subtract money from your accounts isn't a terribly good business plan. Everyone's model to protect against this has to be unique to their own experiences, and BuyVM was a really large fraud target with very low profit margins at one point (back during the 128MB yearly races). Probably still a higher-value target for fraud than just about any other host here, realistically.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @AXYZE said: For RackNerd I paid like 10 invoices, most recent one like a month ago... So I'm not sure if that is PayPal requirement, maybe for new businesses / higher risk?

Who does not do this, handles the thing that the Customer could just open a dispute and about 80-90% surely get refunded.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jar said: back during the 128MB yearly races

Where my "got up at 2am to get a 128MB box for $15/year because that's when @Francisco released stock and it was the only way to get one" bros at?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said: Sounds like you've never had to pay out for receiving a fraud order.

We had a store, I sold items for almost 10 years with payment through Paypal until they closed the rep. Physical goods. I wouldn't say there was much fraud. There were cases, but I won most of them. Never checked anyone out. Don't knowingly humiliate a customer who comes into your store and brings you revenue.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jenkki said:

@jar said: Sounds like you've never had to pay out for receiving a fraud order.

We had a store, I sold items for almost 10 years with payment through Paypal until they closed the rep. Physical goods. I wouldn't say there was much fraud. There were cases, but I won most of them. Never checked anyone out. Don't knowingly humiliate a customer who comes into your store and brings you revenue.

Physical is different since there is tracking on shipping and such.

Every business should be verifying details as it’s required by PayPal. As @jar said you’re opening yourself up to chargebacks otherwise.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Physical is different since there is tracking on shipping and such.

You can do whatever you want. Although we also lost sometimes and the recipient got the goods for free. And the postage is on us. But this is disproportionately less than honest customers. Sometimes you have to lose to be stronger.

As for the quality of service, everything is in order, no questions asked.

• suutsuut Member

Good!

• Great company.

• Only if there was a search on this forum... or at least Google.

• In general, they provide services that align with their values, and their customer service is also responsive. However, I don't quite understand their pricing structure for VPS, where upgrading from 1 vcore to 2 vcores requires a significant increase in cost, but within these increased budget tiers, many VPS configurations primarily consist of upgrades in terms of memory and storage.

• bgerardbgerard Member
    edited August 2023

@dreammu said:
    In general, they provide services that align with their values, and their customer service is also responsive. However, I don't quite understand their pricing structure for VPS, where upgrading from 1 vcore to 2 vcores requires a significant increase in cost, but within these increased budget tiers, many VPS configurations primarily consist of upgrades in terms of memory and storage.

It makes sense.

• 1 (vCore), 2GB ram, 40GB storage is $7
    • 1 (dedicated core), 4GB ram, 80GB storage is $15
    • 2 (dedicated core), 8GB ram, 160GB storage is $30

The price doubles from one dedicated core to two dedicated cores + double everything else. Who cares about vCores.

Still a bit annoyed I couldn't keep my LUX 512MB vps unless I paid in crypto again though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dreammu said: In general, they provide services that align with their values, and their customer service is also responsive. However, I don't quite understand their pricing structure for VPS, where upgrading from 1 vcore to 2 vcores requires a significant increase in cost, but within these increased budget tiers, many VPS configurations primarily consist of upgrades in terms of memory and storage.

We've talked about making 2 burstable cores be an option, but we need to get some automated caps in place as well as a lot of documentation.

Francisco