Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPanel vs others
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPanel vs others

Total noob question. I used Cpanel in the past and I am wondering if there are other tools that are as easy to use or offer the same tools to manage your hosting. I tried Webuzo in the past and really hated it. Cpanel costs around $15 a month for that money you can invest in much better resources for your VPS server which is what I would be interested in. What are other options/tools that offer a similar experience to Cpanel for a fraction of the cost or even free?

Comments

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

I like Direct Admin. They have a €30/month plan. This might be more expensive, but you do get unlimited users in return. They also have cheaper plans, but those have limited users.

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • HestiaCP.

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

virtualmin/webmin Free or Pro.

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Helesta said: Cpanel costs around $15 a month for that money you can invest in much better resources for your VPS server which is what I would be interested in. What are other options/tools that offer a similar experience to Cpanel for a fraction of the cost or even free?

DirectAdmin is the closet competitor and some would argue a better product.

There are providers who'll give you a free DA license with your VPS: https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendboxtv-how-to-get-directadmin-for-free/

If you've got <= 20 domains, it's $5/month otherwise.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@BasToTheMax said:
    I like Direct Admin. They have a €30/month plan. This might be more expensive, but you do get unlimited users in return. They also have cheaper plans, but those have limited users.

If you're with a datacenter / provider who still has the good ol' $5 / lifetime internal licenses, it might be a no brainer to combine the license with a service (we can still do so) ;-)

• MMzFMMzF Member

Hestiacp using from 1+ year 0 issues.

• I use KeyHelp for more than 3 years with various providers for my PHP sites.

MyVestaCP for FTP Backups and Rsync, Samba and Password URL Panel. updated interface.

HestiaCP for some auto-installer scripts and individual SMTP for each domain.

Thanked by 3Helesta sebkehl loay