Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Email Hosting Provider For Businesses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good Email Hosting Provider For Businesses?

I am currently in search of an email hosting provider for my business. Could you recommend any email hosting services that cater specifically to businesses and offer competitive pricing along with robust features? If I am unable to find a suitable alternative to Google Workspace, I will likely opt for their services. Thank you.

Comments

• Check mxroute.com or mailcheap.co

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'd say MXroute customers are more businesses than personal accounts, though I've seen the opposite claimed multiple times. Depending on the number of separate email accounts you need, the pricing could be quite competitive.

• loayloay Member

I understand that some people might not be happy with this, but I think Amazon WorkMail is the best alternative to Google Workspace/Microsoft 365.

• @loay said:
    I understand that some people might not be happy with this, but I think Amazon WorkMail is the best alternative to Google Workspace/Microsoft 365.

Didn't know about their service, their pricing isn't very clear.

• loayloay Member

@GreenPeace said: their pricing isn't very clear

It's 4$/m per user with 50GB storage (max storage and can't be changed).

• @loay said:

@GreenPeace said: their pricing isn't very clear

It's 4$/m per user with 50GB storage (max storage and can't be changed).

Thank you, is there any way to see how their email inbox looks like?

• loayloay Member

@GreenPeace said: Thank you, is there any way to see how their email inbox looks like?

You can try it for 30 days for free.

• @GreenPeace said:
    I am currently in search of an email hosting provider for my business. Could you recommend any email hosting services that cater specifically to businesses and offer competitive pricing along with robust features? If I am unable to find a suitable alternative to Google Workspace, I will likely opt for their services. Thank you.

Please be more specific.

The problem is that "robust business email" means different things to different people. In the LET forum, you're likely going to get a rapid and definitive endorsement of MXRoute, which is indeed a good, very affordable service run by a good guy who visits this forum often. But it may or may not cover what you really need for your business. So what do you need for your business?

Be as detailed as possible...

1 - Collaboration/productivity apps?
    2 - Good calendar features?
    3 - CalDav/CardDav?
    4 - Cloud storage features?
    5 - IMAP?
    6 - 2FA/MFA?
    7 - Good privacy policy? (any jurisdiction requirements?)
    8 - GDPR compliance? (any other compliance needs?)
    9 - Business archive/discovery features?
    10 - Any specific admin needs?
    11 - Native iOS and Android apps?
    12 - Custom in-house webmail app or okay to use third-party webmail apps?
    13 - Encryption needs/options?
    14 - Preference for open source?
    15 - Cost per user?
    16 - And so forth...

You've got to specify exactly what you need, and then you'll limit yourself to appropriate providers. And there is a provider for almost every possible situation.

Good luck.

• @jlet88 said:

@GreenPeace said:

Please be more specific.

The problem is that "robust business email" means different things to different people. In the LET forum, you're likely going to get a rapid and definitive endorsement of MXRoute, which is indeed a good, very affordable service run by a good guy who visits this forum often. But it may or may not cover what you really need for your business. So what do you need for your business?

Be as detailed as possible...

1 - Collaboration/productivity apps?
    2 - Good calendar features?
    3 - CalDav/CardDav?
    4 - Cloud storage features?
    5 - IMAP?
    6 - 2FA/MFA?
    7 - Good privacy policy? (any jurisdiction requirements?)
    8 - GDPR compliance? (any other compliance needs?)
    9 - Business archive/discovery features?
    10 - Any specific admin needs?
    11 - Native iOS and Android apps?
    12 - Custom in-house webmail app or okay to use third-party webmail apps?
    13 - Encryption needs/options?
    14 - Preference for open source?
    15 - Cost per user?
    16 - And so forth...

You've got to specify exactly what you need, and then you'll limit yourself to appropriate providers. And there is a provider for almost every possible situation.

Good luck.

To be precise google workspace works for me, I was looking for something similar but for better price. Thanks

• mxroute

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

ProtonMail (paid) and MXRoute (paid) work fine for my personal and business needs.

We're working on something that is sort of between the two ( https://MyPrivateInbox.com ) but it's going to be a while before that's ready. :)

• @GreenPeace said:

To be precise google workspace works for me, I was looking for something similar but for better price. Thanks

• Zoho Workplace
    • Microsoft 365
    • LarkSuite
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you like all of the features of Google Workspaces I would avoid the recommendations of MXroute. We have some stuff, but at our core we're email, not groupware. You probably want groupware.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited August 2023

Google Workspace is all about connection and collaboration, people seems recommending MXRoute for that, but i don't think it's good alternative for Google Workspace. You could try Zoho Workplace or Microsoft 365.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited August 2023

@MannDude said:
    ProtonMail (paid) and MXRoute (paid) work fine for my personal and business needs.

We're working on something that is sort of between the two ( https://MyPrivateInbox.com ) but it's going to be a while before that's ready. :)

looking forward to it. please offer imap/pop and smtp!

ah!

Planned or current features: Webmail accessible over multiple privacy networks,
    full disk encryption of mail server, at-rest encryption for actual emails, built 
    in PGP Encryption tools, E-Mail scheduler (Write it now, send it later, automatically)
     and SMTP, IMAP, and POP support for added flexilibilty.

alredy planned! top!

will MyPrivateInbox be part of your shared hosting offered? that would be the mega deal!
    @MannDude

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said:

@MannDude said:

ah!

> Planned or current features: Webmail accessible over multiple privacy networks,
    > full disk encryption of mail server, at-rest encryption for actual emails, built 
    > in PGP Encryption tools, E-Mail scheduler (Write it now, send it later, automatically)
    >  and SMTP, IMAP, and POP support for added flexilibilty.
    > 

alredy planned! top!

will MyPrivateInbox be part of your shared hosting offered? that would be the mega deal!
    @MannDude

Very unlikely, to be honest, for various reasons. MyPrivateInbox will likely be it's own thing, which is why it's not being branded like IncogDNS or IncogVPN, etc. I've got big plans for IncogNET, it's just a slow and steady climb. ;)

• @MannDude said:

@hyperblast said:

@MannDude said:

ah!

> > Planned or current features: Webmail accessible over multiple privacy networks,
    > > full disk encryption of mail server, at-rest encryption for actual emails, built 
    > > in PGP Encryption tools, E-Mail scheduler (Write it now, send it later, automatically)
    > >  and SMTP, IMAP, and POP support for added flexilibilty.
    > > 

alredy planned! top!

@MannDude

Very unlikely, to be honest, for various reasons. MyPrivateInbox will likely be it's own thing, which is why it's not being branded like IncogDNS or IncogVPN, etc. I've got big plans for IncogNET, it's just a slow and steady climb. ;)

too bad.

• emghemgh Member
    edited August 2023

1GB inbox for €1.10 /mo from a very established provider:
    https://glesys.com/services/email

Free:
    https://inleed.xyz/login

From the looks of it, I think GleSYS runs a big email cluster, I had a very good experience.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • definitely Zoho mail, cheaper than google or Microsoft

• @didtav said:
    definitely Zoho mail, cheaper than google or Microsoft

Yes, given the comments of the OP about Google Workspace "but for a better price," then the obvious candidate is Zoho. It meets the OP's stated requirements, has better pricing, and will probably work fine for him. For someone else with different needs, there are many other providers to look at.

BTW, happy to read about the good LET providers like @jar and @MannDude and their continued development of their brands/products. More good stuff on the horizon!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • TeoMTeoM Member

All-Inkl.com