Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not purchase any of the services offered by BatuCloud!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do not purchase any of the services offered by BatuCloud!

On 26 April 2023, I bought a $55/year server from BatuCloud. Here's the link to BatuCloud's first thread about this server.

First

There are no restrictive terms in the description of this product. There is no indication that the $55/year is a one-time offer. There is no indication that this price will change in the future.

This is a different thread for this server.

Second

There is also no mention in this thread that the price may change at a later date. And it clearly states that this is an event. The server costs $55/year.

That's right, just as you thought. BatuCloud has taken the liberty of changing the renewal price for this product.

Third

A few days ago, BatuCloud's Turkish node went down.

Sixth

While I was discussing the migration with BatuCloud, they immediately changed the renewal price of the server.

I asked them why? They replied that they have no guarantee on the price.

Third

They changed the renewal price of my server for that reason alone. This is quite ridiculous.

Firstly, BatuCloud did not explain this to me before adjusting the price, nor did they explain it on the entire official website or on the TG channel.

Secondly, I have been using this server for four months. In those four months, BatuCloud has had countless opportunities to discuss this with me before making a decision. They have not done so.

Finally, at the time of purchase, the product description on the official website clearly stated that the price of the server was $55/year. There was no mention of a one-time offer. I also did not use a promo code when I purchased the server for $55/year. The backend panel of the official website also clearly states that my recurring price is $55/year.

Therefore, this server price adjustment is completely out of line. I will not accept any explanation from BatuCloud.

You can say that you don't guarantee the renewal price of a server. Then I would like to ask, BatuCloud also does not guarantee the configuration of the server. Does this mean that you can change the hardware configuration of the server at any time in the future?

I believe that a guarantee on the hardware configuration and price of the server is the most basic guarantee. This is the standard guarantee for everyone. Do we need to see a guarantee that the hardware configuration and price will remain the same before we buy a server in the future? Isn't that funny?

The reseller mentioned this in his last reply. If you are not satisfied with the renewal price of the server, you can choose not to renew it after the expiry date.

Fourth

So I ask, why should I choose to submit to an operation that is clearly against my interests? And by the way, it's not up to me to decide. It's up to BatuCloud. Either they choose to revise my renewal price back to $55/year. Or give me a refund. Those are the two reasonable options. Do you expect me to continue using the merchant's servers after I've been ripped off? I'm sure I'll be removed from the machine within a month due to some unknown abuse. This is because the configuration of the machine I bought was a 4C32G. They are perfectly capable of selling that configuration to more people. It's far more lucrative than charging me $55/year. I guess that's why they're ripping me off to change my renewal price.

At the time I bought this server, BatuCloud did not support Paypal payments. I decided to trust this new merchant and ended up paying by credit card. In retrospect, this was one of the dumbest decisions I have ever made. As long as the seller won't budge, I can't defend my rights. All I could do was watch my rights being violated.

What's even more interesting is that all the departments in your ticket are handled by one person. I tried to complain about this issue to both the sales department and the payment department, and the customer service that responded to me was the same person. I think you should see this and understand how unreliable BatuCloud is.

In another thread, there was also a brother who caused the server to be speed limited by demanding compensation for 3 months of renewal hours. I can't verify the authenticity of this incident. I am just sharing it with you for your information.

Fifth

So please don't buy BatuCloud servers.

After that, BatuCloud may change its name and continue to sell servers. There may be more merchants like BatuCloud.

So please use Paypal for payment when buying any server. The cheapest and the best server, if it doesn't support Paypal payment, then it’s a fake.

It's a lesson I learned at a cost of $55.

Thanked by 1emgh

Comments

• Was this a deal you saw on LET or you found the offer through google?

@BatuCloud if not advertised other than set his renewal payment to 55$

• LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2023

Well, you have been scammed. Appropriate measures should apply from this forum staff to the relevant provider as all necesary documentation provided.

Thanked by 2Marx dahartigan
  • tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

As long as the seller won't budge, I can't defend my rights. All I could do was watch my rights being violated.

Actually, you can force Batu to do refund by initiating chargeback process

There are plenty of articles for more information on this topic, for example this one

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited August 2023

I mean provider can change the price whenever they want - you "signed" a year contract, not 10 years one guaranteed you a fixed price. Adjusting price is kinda normal. Pre-dating is not.

Turkey is very much unstable in terms of economy so you (kinda) should totally expect it.

However this should be done properly - info in advance, reasoning, give customer a time - they clearly mention "first year promo" in tickets so they did it totally on purpose to fuck clients over.

Only positive side of this for you is that you know price change 8 months in advance rather than when you receive invoice week before end date. Also don't even ask them for 55$ - if they did it once, they will do it again with new invoice and you will only have more problems - start searching for alternative.

• MrLimeMrLime Member
    edited August 2023

What do you expect at $55 per year? That's like a used car salesmen selling you a car that should go for $20k but you're buying it for $1k. Of course it's too good to be true.

• Set the server to cancel on renewal, use it for the remaining 11 months, then start looking for another host next summer.

You can't really chargeback the payment though since you paid for $55 for one year and are still getting the server for a full year, so it would be an uphill climb to convince your bank to reverse the transaction. For example, water, electric, internet service, streaming subscriptions, and a myrad of other bills increase their rates every year.

Now if they kick you off the machine then that's an entirely different story, but so long as you got the machine, use their resources to its fullest.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@PineappleM said: Now if they kick you off the machine then that's an entirely different story, but so long as you got the machine, use their resources to its fullest.

Agreed, but if the provider wants can invent any kind of a reasoning in order to terminate the contract. it would be another uphill battle to prove the contrary.

Still this kind of stories shared here and verified help people make an informed choice.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited August 2023

@PineappleM said:

Something similar happened with PQ.hosting when they gave $1 Switzerland VPS as a promotion, but they didn't mention if it's recurring or not (it wasn't and you needed to deposit more than 1 usd to purchase it). I do understand that prices go up, but there should be a rule forcing the provider to specifically state if it's recurring or not. In this case, some people would argue they mentioned it, as they said "per year", but their website did say it's recurring so..., I don't feel that should be allowed.

In this case, in the ticket they didn't mention "prices are going higher for us thus we need to put fair prices" they just said it wasn't recurring.

• On a contrary datapoint, I have the exact same plan but the renewal price is still indicating $55 on my dashboard.

• @Moopah said:
    On a contrary datapoint, I have the exact same plan but the renewal price is still indicating $55 on my dashboard.

They do seem to be manually changing it themselves.

• @zGato said:

@Moopah said:
    On a contrary datapoint, I have the exact same plan but the renewal price is still indicating $55 on my dashboard.

They do seem to be manually changing it themselves.

Welp, I'll wait and see.

grabs popcorn

Thanked by 1zGato
  • I'm not entirely sure with turkey currency to USD conversion rate. is it really sustainable for that spec at $55? something seems off

• @ScreenReader said:
    I'm not entirely sure with turkey currency to USD conversion rate. is it really sustainable for that spec at $55? something seems off

Well, the server got delivered to the people, so doesn't seem a scam right away, but the price is just ridiculous for what you get. No, it's not sustainable and that's why they're making it 100$/y now.

• While the provider was scummy I wouldn't go as far as to say your rights are being violated. You paid for a year of service and it looks like you're still going to get a year of service.

It still sucks though, will likely avoid them from now on

• emghemgh Member

@JabJab said:
    I mean provider can change the price whenever they want - you "signed" a year contract, not 10 years one guaranteed you a fixed price. Adjusting price is kinda normal. Pre-dating is not.

Turkey is very much unstable in terms of economy so you (kinda) should totally expect it.

However this should be done properly - info in advance, reasoning, give customer a time - they clearly mention "first year promo" in tickets so they did it totally on purpose to fuck clients over.

Only positive side of this for you is that you know price change 8 months in advance rather than when you receive invoice week before end date. Also don't even ask them for 55$ - if they did it once, they will do it again with new invoice and you will only have more problems - start searching for alternative.

Exactly this

It’s an extremely sketchy thing to do

Especially with no notice, and manually when answering a ticket

Huge red flag, avoid for sure

Buuuuuuut

That’s my moral view, and my recommendation if they’d like to have any kind of reputation around here

Factually, while not even sending a notice might be the exception, they are in their full right to increase the price

They can tenfold it

You can’t ever expect the provider to have to stick with the current contract terms if you’re allowed to cancel whenever, that kind of one-sided right to leave isn’t standard

• vbavba Member

is their server UP?
    As far as I know, it's been down for more than 3 days

probably this is a one-man company so he can change anything he likes

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2023

@ahdoawhfo said: The backend panel of the official website also clearly states that my recurring price is $55/year.

Hate to break it to you, but recurring != forever.

It's recurring, until the next price hike :smiley:

Also, if this is in TR, there was something shared recently about their upstream being sold off.

We're yet to receive any comments from @BatuCloud about this though.

• @DP said:

@ahdoawhfo said: The backend panel of the official website also clearly states that my recurring price is $55/year.

Hate to break it to you, but recurring != forever.

It's recurring, until the next price hike :smiley:

Also, if this is in TR, there was something shared recently about their upstream being sold off.

We're yet to receive any comments from @BatuCloud about this though.

That is unacceptable. It should be recurring until the end of the universe, across dimensions, till the end of time.

Regardless if the Earth is swallowed by the sun or the black hole at the center of our galaxy engulfs our solar system to a pandemic that eradicates all of humanity .

When all life ceases to exist on our barren planet, our BatuCloud VPS must continue to still exist and be renewable for the initial 1st year price.

Thanked by 3yoursunny emgh M66B
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The only legandary 32G VPS is VirMach SSD32G.

@FAT32 said: The only legandary 32G VPS is VirMach SSD32G.

For anything bigger than 16 GB I would take a dedi from OVH or Hezner.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Maounique said:

@FAT32 said: The only legandary 32G VPS is VirMach SSD32G.

For anything bigger than 16 GB I would take a dedi from OVH or Hezner.

Yea, big VM's tend to be more expensive than a smol-med dedi.

• @FAT32 said:
    The only legandary 32G VPS is VirMach SSD32G.

haha nobody was able to find that code!
    Those were the days.

Thanked by 2FAT32 FrankZ
  • MaxRMaxR Barred

Price hikes should be illegal, especially with the low Turkish inflation.

https://www.tcmb.gov.tr/wps/wcm/connect/EN/TCMB+EN/Main+Menu/Statistics/Inflation+Data/Consumer+Prices

Thanked by 1emgh

@MaxR said: Price hikes should be illegal, especially with the low Turkish inflation.

You mean high...
    In reality, high inflation helps people who pay in hard currency, the bigger the local currency inflation is, the more sought is the hard currency so you should be able to get sweet deals your money go further.

Thanked by 1xxsl

@Neoon said: Yea, big VM's tend to be more expensive than a smol-med dedi.

That is not what I meant, because I am hunting bargains, I end up with oversubscribed shit, at least with a small dedi I know exactly what I'm buying.
    When I hunt bargains for small VMs, I take any kind of CPU, any kind of RAM, any kind of disk because the only thing that matters there is the network, when I need some workhorse those things matter a lot more, so I can't really take oversold shit.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2023

@Maounique said:

@Neoon said: Yea, big VM's tend to be more expensive than a smol-med dedi.

That is not what I meant, because I am hunting bargains, I end up with oversubscribed shit, at least with a small dedi I know exactly what I'm buying.

True, But I guess it depends what you buy.
    On cheap shit I am mostly lucky, with nearly zero CPU Steal.

When I hunt bargains for small VMs, I take any kind of CPU, any kind of RAM, any kind of disk because the only thing that matters there is the network, when I need some workhorse those things matter a lot more, so I can't really take oversold shit.

Same.

• ahdoawhfoahdoawhfo Member
    edited August 2023

Sorry. I'm the one who got emotional.
    It's true that I didn't lose my data.
    I think the control panel's statistics are wrong.

• @ahdoawhfo said:
    Today BatuCloud's maintenance of the Turkish nodes was completed.
    Unsurprisingly, I lost all my data.
    First

It seems like it was a network outage only. My VM from KWH is fine with 80d uptime

• @zGato said:

@ahdoawhfo said:
    Today BatuCloud's maintenance of the Turkish nodes was completed.
    Unsurprisingly, I lost all my data.
    First

It seems like it was a network outage only. My VM from KWH is fine with 80d uptime

Sorry. I'm the one who got emotional.
    It's true that I didn't lose my data.
    I think the control panel's statistics are wrong.

• Hi Guys,

I am sorry for the problems in Turkey. The issues have been resolved and the servers have been reactivated. We will also add 3 months of free time to each of our users for causing victimisation.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy