Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is hosthatch support generally slow on weekend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is hosthatch support generally slow on weekend?

I've purchased normal plan nvme 2gb and found my application need higher storage, so I upgraded to nvme 4gb with 20gb storage through Upgrade function on their dashboard.

After reboot, I found that all other spec (ram, core, bandwidth) is upgraded, except for storage, I still have 10gb storage when I should have 20gb of storage, I have rebooted several times and still no increase in storage.

I have contacted their support from 2 days ago and have got no respond.

NB. I purchased normal plan not promotional plan

Comments

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

Did you try to resize your filesystem?

Not sure your OS, but I have used a guide like this before: https://nerdbyday.com/resizing-an-ext4-partition-without-unmounting/

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • If they already provided 20 GB after the upgrade, you'll have to resize the disk yourself in the system or do a fresh install.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

You'll need to reize using something like gparted.
    ISO can be mounted from panel.

Thanked by 2nick_ PineappleM
  • PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited August 2023

If it's not too much hassle, reinstall your virtual machine, as that's a lot simpler than fiddling with disk resizing and partitions. (At least, I never had a pleasant time resizing the file system.)

Also future tip: Use a thread title that describes your problem accurately, or else you risk people overlooking your thread. I almost didn't click on this thread since it didn't seem like a help request at first glance. See: https://xyproblem.info/

• @PineappleM said:
    If it's not too much hassle, reinstall your virtual machine, as that's a lot simpler than fiddling with disk resizing and partitions. (At least, I never had a pleasant time resizing the file system.)

Also future tip: Use a thread title that describes your problem accurately, or else you risk people overlooking your thread. I almost didn't click on this thread since it didn't seem like a help request at first glance. See: https://xyproblem.info/

Agreed, rather than describe the problem you come off as whining about weekend response to something you probably should have figured out by now (use fdisk -l to see the larger size, Google for extend partition commands and done). I'm sure HostHatch has documentation to this effect as well.

• As a rule of thumb, if you're not paying for support as an add-on subscription, do not expect any on a weekend. Most big hosts offer it as a best-effort service since they may be working over the weekend to cater to their premium clients.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ran resize2fs /dev/vda1 from my last ticket

• You have been hosthatched

Thanked by 3SirFoxy Azenot chip
  • you have been Liso-ed

• LisoLiso Member

Thanks, I reinstalled my system and now I see 20gb.

• bobertbobert Member
    edited August 2023

I ordered a hosthatch vps about 2 weeks ago. The support is very spotty even on business days. I've had some tickets gone unanswered for 5+ days.

I had a routing issue and it took them 5 days to fix it and they didn't say anything when it was fixed.

CPU steal is climbing to 10% so I think I'm going to cancel this vps.

• @bobert said:
    I ordered a hosthatch vps about 2 weeks ago. The support is very spotty even on business days. I've had some tickets gone unanswered for 5+ days.

I had a routing issue and it took them 5 days to fix it and they didn't say anything when it was fixed.

Is it promotional plan or standard plan?

• @hapkido said:

@bobert said:

It couldn't have been promotional if it was ordered from HostHatch, as there have been no promotions recently.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @hapkido said:

@bobert said:

non promotional $15 plan

• @aj_potc said:

@hapkido said:

@bobert said:

It couldn't have been promotional if it was ordered from HostHatch, as there have been no promotions recently.

There was some promo for SG Birthday recently 😄

• @bobert said:

@hapkido said:

@bobert said:

non promotional $15 plan

Then that is werid, standard plan should have normal support, let's see if @hosthatch has anything to say on this 😀

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bobert said:

GSL has been spotty in the past couple of weeks, we're working with them to resolve the routing issues - nothing we can do to make it faster unfortunately.

Your CPU steal most likely comes from you using more than your dedicated CPU consistently. If you want, we can remove the extra/fair-share cores and just leave the dedicated ones, and your CPU steal will be gone.

• bobertbobert Member
    edited August 2023

@hosthatch said: GSL has been spotty in the past couple of weeks, we're working with them to resolve the routing issues - nothing we can do to make it faster unfortunately.

You could have told me when it was fixed. You also could have switched the outbound over to CDN77.

The cpu steal was not coming from me using more than my 2 dedicated cores.

This is what my workload looks like (moved to another host already).

I also recorded 14% steal after I shut everything down at hosthatch.

• hosthatch now down for LA,NY

• @note10piseth said:
    hosthatch now down for LA,NY

• Is it only your account? Do not see any other posts.

• Yes, VM in NY now disconnected and no internet till now (2days)