Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN on Windows Server VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN on Windows Server VPS

fuqetfuqet Member

Hi

Is it possible to run VPN on windows server VPS? I can run VPN but I am getting disconnected and I don't know how to connect. Is it possible?

Thank you

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

• @fuqet said:
    Hi

Is it possible to run VPN on windows server VPS? I can run VPN but I am getting disconnected and I don't know how to connect. Is it possible?

Thank you

What are you trying to do?

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

Just for clarification, are you trying to run a VPN client or a VPN server?

• @jonbeard said:
    Just for clarification, are you trying to run a VPN client or a VPN server?

I am trying to run VPN client on vps with Windows Server OS.

• @dev_vps said:

@fuqet said:
    Hi

Thank you

I just want to have VPN on my windows VPS. I am using it for browsing etc. as my normal computer.

• Easiest solution would be installing chrome remote desktop then connecting to the vpn and then you can access vps from
    https://remotedesktop.google.com/access/

Thanked by 1fuqet
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited August 2023

@fuqet said:

@dev_vps said:

@fuqet said:
    Hi

Thank you

I just want to have VPN on my windows VPS. I am using it for browsing etc. as my normal computer.

Use VPN browser extension
    Simplest working solution

Thanked by 1fuqet
  • @fuqet said:
    Hi

Thank you

This will help you resolve the issue.

https://serverfault.com/questions/938439/remote-desktop-disconnects-when-i-connect-to-vpn-on-remote-server

• Doesn't say what VPN client or service. Doesn't bother to provide log. Useless.

"fuqet" is right.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

In the command prompt type "route add 80.237.246.185 192.168.0.1"
    Where 80.237.246.185 is the IP of your home PC, and 192.168.0.1 is the IP of your main gateway on the VPS (find by typing "route print" into a command prompt).
    This should keep your RDP connection on the outside of the VPN.