Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fair monthly price for 1270v3/32gb ram/480gb ssd in Tampa/Dallas?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fair monthly price for 1270v3/32gb ram/480gb ssd in Tampa/Dallas?

HivelocityRickHivelocityRick Member, Host Rep

Hello! We have a couple hundred of these in stock and are looking to get them into production. What would a fair price be for these assuming 1Gbps uplink/20TB Commit? Happy to run a special here on LET once we settle on something.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

15$

Thanked by 1HivelocityRick
  • $20-25

• 1x480 is not ready for production

• If you have a couple hundred of them and want to unload them fast, then I'd say $40/mo would be a fair price (with additional discounts for longer commitments). Anything over that and, unless someone really needs a Dallas/USA location, there's much less reason to go to you when Hetzner offers better for less.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@comXyz said:
    1x480 is not ready for production

Raid is not needed overhead.
    Single Disk works fine.

I was running on this for years with Kimsufi.
    Yes the drive will die at some point, so will be motherboard and the PSU.

Actually I had more PSU and motherboard replacements and zero disk replacements.
    If you do nightly backups you are fine.

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited August 2023

Tough to say, but IMO:

$39.95 and you'll get some sparks but they'll fizzle out faster than you may want

$34.95 and you'll start to get more sparks and a little heat, but plenty of "meh" from many LET users

$29.95 and the sparks will start to catch fire, but not sure how hot it will get, but my guess is that it will likely settle into a warm but slow burn

$24.95 and the sparks will turn into some decent flames and probably warm the forum with some real excitement, eyebrows will start to raise...

$19.95 and the sparks will fly and probably turn into a nice bonfire, and many LET users will dance around the fire in glee and happiness

$14.95 and the sparks will explode into a flaming tornado with desperate LET users across the globe jumping into the flames and spamming the forum in a wild frenzy, and if you survive the insanity that will follow, you'll become a legend who will be remembered forever

TIP: Now if you mix any of those lower numbers with some giveaways too, like a free server for one year, and you give one of those away each day for one week during your promo, for example (chosen at random from "pointless bumps" in the thread), then you may multiply the heat and turn this forum into a chaotic insane feeding frenzy.

Good luck.

• $25-30 with premium Hivelocity tax. It's a 10-year-old CPU.

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited August 2023

@HivelocityRick Oneprovider charges 20$, Online.net charges 17$, and ovh charges 21$ all of them with 2 ssds with unlimited traffic. If you charge more than 20$ its not a good LET deal

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

$25-30 (or $27.95) would probably tickle my pickle in Tampa.

Depends on v4 pricing of course, $30-35 with 5 IPs and I'd snap it up probably.

• HivelocityRickHivelocityRick Member, Host Rep

Thanks everyone. Working on something. o:)