Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVHcloud] Up to 50% OFF recurring on Dedicated Servers | Until Sep 7| EU, NAM, APAC, INDIA regions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVHcloud] Up to 50% OFF recurring on Dedicated Servers | Until Sep 7| EU, NAM, APAC, INDIA regions

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

OVHcloud Deals are back Until September 7th 2023 or while stocks last (which ever comes first).

Dedicated Server Deals at a glance:

• Eco Range (KS & SYS references): Europe or North America locations | From as low as US$26.40/month
  • Rise Range: Europe, North America, APAC locations | From US$32.58/month
  • Advance Range: EU, Canada, APAC, India locations | From US$50.34/month

DDoS protection included on all servers.

Explore All Offers at https://www.ovhcloud.com/

Overview of some offers:

Comments

• first :)

• @haolun said:
    first :)

Ratio

Thanked by 1veren
  • "Up to 50%" only if you rent a server for 24 months. Previous deals were better.

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • 24 Month commitment required for any 'deal'

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited August 2023

@OVH_APAC Can you offer a discount for a fully upfront 12mo payment (e.g. 5% off) on the Eco line? Pretty sure you'd save on processing fees and you'd get full payment immediately.

Otherwise, there's no incentive to pay upfront when the price is the same if you pay in monthly installments (especially given the current high interest rate environment).

Thanks.

• There's also KS-4 (2 TB disk with the i5-750) in stock as well (strangely enough), which is a scarcity much like KS-1 is. Someone should grab it before it goes out of stock.

• @OVH_APAC Any plan to upgrade your peering with AS7713?

• previous 5600X at 50% in Vint Hill was way better, nothing of the sort this time though

• indiankeshindiankesh Member
    edited August 2023

@PineappleM said:
    @OVH_APAC Can you offer a discount for a fully upfront 12mo payment (e.g. 5% off) on the Eco line? Pretty sure you'd save on processing fees and you'd get full payment immediately.

Otherwise, there's no incentive to pay upfront when the price is the same if you pay in monthly installments (especially given the current high interest rate environment).

Thanks.

@OVH_APAC Yes if that's available for India i would like to order 1 too.

• @OVH_APAC Hi, could I install Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation on KS-GAME-2 server?

• @Azenot said:
    "Up to 50%" only if you rent a server for 24 months. Previous deals were better.

When LET community complained about setup fees, ip prices and server prices, OVH made the changes by increasing the price instead with longer commitment to introduce worse ever offers.

Thanks for taking care of our feedback. :D

• hmm well this sucks.. previous deals were better nothing really good

• @OVH_APAC where can I find the detailed hardware specs of the Advance Range servers?
    Are there server or consumer grade hardwares?

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC no news on AMD VPS in UK?

• Yes, people, even OVH has been hit hard economically... hence these are the deals. If you have no issue committing for 24 months, pretty decent deals with better hardware (RAM/storage) than other LET providers.

• @Azenot said:
    "Up to 50%" only if you rent a server for 24 months. Previous deals were better.

Even worse you have to renew for another 24 month commitment to keep the same price after the first 24 month period

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@PineappleM said:

Thanks.

Hello @PineappleM
    Thank you for your feedback, I'm also aware of this and there will be some revamp on the Eco range in a few months to improve this.

Thanked by 2PineappleM emgh

@indiankesh said:

@PineappleM said:

Thanks.

@OVH_APAC Yes if that's available for India i would like to order 1 too.

Hello @indiankesh , there are no ECO range of server in our new India datacenter (ECO range are older servers). To see the range of Dedicated servers currently hosted and available in India, you can visit: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/

@chrisfe said:
    @OVH_APAC Hi, could I install Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation on KS-GAME-2 server?

Hello @chrisfe , after checking with my support team, we do not offer windows on KS-GAME-2.

Thanked by 1chrisfe
  • @OVH_APAC said: Hello @indiankesh , there are no ECO range of server in our new India datacenter (ECO range are older servers). To see the range of Dedicated servers currently hosted and available in India, you can visit: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/lp/india-datacenter/

Consider adding ECO range in Indian datacentre, these will sell well

@JamesF said:

Hello @JamesF , I'll recheck internally, the summer holiday have slow down things in Europe.

Thanked by 2emgh JamesF

@OVH_APAC said:

@JamesF said:

Hello @JamesF , I'll recheck internally, the summer holiday have slow down things in Europe.

Hello @JamesF, nothing official yet but looks like there is a good chance for next week for these AMD VPS availability in UK/Erith Datacenter.

Thanked by 3JamesF emgh PineappleM
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@JamesF said:

Hello @JamesF, nothing official yet but looks like there is a good chance for next week for these AMD VPS availability in UK/Erith Datacenter.

Thank You! 😃

@danninov said:
    @OVH_APAC Any plan to upgrade your peering with AS7713?

Hello @danninov , I presume you are based in Indonesia. We have a 100G PNI with this provider in Singapore, but we are not using it as they were degrading quality on this link (most probably to try to sell paid connectivity )-: ) causing packet loss to clients.
    Latency is higher by using the PNI we have with them in Los Angeles, but at least we are not facing packet loss.
    There is no plan at this stage to improve further this route.

• emghemgh Member
    edited August 2023

Nice to see a big company like @OVH_APAC being so responsive in the thread. Very good!

Also, it has to be said: We’re living in times of uncertainty, interest rates are up and companies are not really queueing up to spend money–can’t be expected that every deal has to beat previous ones all the time.

Especially not at this time.

• Frankly the Eco deals (which require 12mo commitment not 24) are somewhat decent. The SYS machine with 2x2TB is $22/mo (12mo) which is about as low as I've seen a SYS box go for the past year (correct me if I'm wrong). Normal pricing at around $20/mo is the Kimsurfi range which limits upload to 100 mbps.

Even the KS-10 deal isn't that bad either; it's almost the same price as the KS-LE that was offered a few months ago, except now with 2x the RAM.

What I'm torn by is whether I should snag the SYS box for $22/mo ($300/yr) or wait until Black Friday and see if any juicier sales that come up, given the 12mo commitment that'd effectively lock me from snagging a better deal in the future.

Thanked by 2emgh claudio
  • does anyone know if the 1245v5 in singapore have iGPU disabled?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @PineappleM said: or wait until Black Friday and see if any juicier sales that come up

Wait, if you can.

• IvanIvan Member

Awesome deals if on a 24 month commit but that is simply way too long for me personally. Hoping for decent month-to-month discounts next especially in SG.

Thanked by 1emgh

@Ivan said:
    Awesome deals if on a 24 month commit but that is simply way too long for me personally. Hoping for decent month-to-month discounts next especially in SG.

Thank you for the feedback @Ivan and will see what we can do next time in Singapore location.