Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 10TB Storage VPS 1G unmetered yearly (Cold Backup)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 10TB Storage VPS 1G unmetered yearly (Cold Backup)

So I've picked up a VPS from IHostart but am worried about the data stored on there long term. (I anticipated this concern) So I wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone could suggest a good provider that has purely storage, the other specs matter not in this case. I'd like yearly If need be I can wait for an event. The current provider I'm waiting on is Hosthatch due to them selling 10TB yearly during sales. I'd like to know anyone else I should keep an eye on. Thanks so much.

The budget I'm unsure of but it being cold storage cheaper the better, I could just dump to the cloud but I like the ability to spin up the application the backup is for to ensure it's good before pulling it to production so Linux VPS would be best.

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Do you mean 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth? If so, why do you need that for cold storage? Just trying to gage what you need to see if I can offer something for you.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@jackalblood said: So I've picked up a VPS from IHostart but am worried about the data stored on there long term

Hello dear @jackalblood , I am extremely sorry for the distrust caused in our company, recently we have indeed encountered a data loss, but this was due to the wrong configuration of a newly built node.The VPS on the node respectively were not more than 1 week old, we have many nodes that have been running for years without problems

Regards,
    Calin

• @labze

Mainly because it's going to be running the backup every week and the amount of data coming into the backup server will likely change so really I should have said unmetered incoming outgoing is never going to be more than 10TB in a month in the event of a disaster recovery

I hope that helps explain my use case

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Not a vps but ideal for backups:

https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php

Choose location and grab the annual plan with 50% recurring discount using the coupon code:

LET50%

Thanked by 1jackalblood
  • jackalbloodjackalblood Member
    edited August 2023

@Calin said:

@jackalblood said: So I've picked up a VPS from IHostart but am worried about the data stored on there long term

Hello dear @jackalblood , I am extremely sorry for the distrust caused in our company, recently we have indeed encountered a data loss, but this was due to the wrong configuration of a newly built node.The VPS on the node respectively were not more than 1 week old, we have many nodes that have been running for years without problems

Regards,
    Calin

I understand and plan on keeping the VPS with you and seeing how it plays out however I also need somewhere I know my data is going to be recoverable its already disappeared once so I need to ensure multiple backups.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @NetDynamics24 said:
    Not a vps but ideal for backups:

https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php

Choose location and grab the annual plan with 50% recurring discount using the coupon code:

LET50%

Actually not a bad option overall but due to its nature it's not Ideal for my needs I will however certainly keep you in mind

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Full SSH jailed access to user dir; SFTP, FTP, rSync, Duplicity

Our backup servers run ZFS with up to 7 daily snapshots, we can custom configure this for more or less for each customer.

World Class 10-gigabit Network with IPv6 Connectivity, No Usage/Seat Fees, No Egress Charges, No Contracts, fully unmetered in/out.

Order Backup Services
    https://clients.microtronix-tech.com/link.php?id=79

I'll beat any price, just DM me.

• @jfreak53 said:

Our backup servers run ZFS with up to 7 daily snapshots, we can custom configure this for more or less for each customer.

World Class 10-gigabit Network with IPv6 Connectivity, No Usage/Seat Fees, No Egress Charges, No Contracts, fully unmetered in/out.

Order Backup Services

Ok, this is great but way over budget at like 1200 a year, right now my best offer is 150 USD I really like the setup though very cool.

Thank you

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jackalblood said:

@jfreak53 said:

Order Backup Services

Ok, this is great but way over budget at like 1200 a year, right now my best offer is 150 USD I really like the setup though very cool.

Thank you

I think you're going to have to temper your expectations there. 150 dollars USD for a year is around 1.25/TB/month budget and that's not even counting bandwidth. I hope someone can come out with a better solution but decent offer I've seen so far is around 2 dollars a month per TB. I'm not counting Calin's offerings mostly because I wouldn't touch that with a 20 feet pole. The only benefit you're giving is they (the hoster) are getting capital now and it seems like 1.25/TB/month is a pretty tight squeeze, if anyone can actually offer it I'd question how long they're going to be able to do it without getting too stressed. You're going for reliability/redundancy and by going too low you might be taking on more risk on the financial security of the host you're using.

I'd say expand your budget or re-assess how much storage space you need as I believe it'll be difficult to really satisfy your demand for the current amount quoted.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@jackalblood said:

@jfreak53 said:

Order Backup Services

Thank you

I think you're going to have to temper your expectations there. 150 dollars USD for a year is around 1.25/TB/month budget and that's not even counting bandwidth. I hope someone can come out with a better solution but decent offer I've seen so far is around 2 dollars a month per TB. I'm not counting Calin's offerings mostly because I wouldn't touch that with a 20 feet pole. The only benefit you're giving is they (the hoster) are getting capital now and it seems like 1.25/TB/month is a pretty tight squeeze, if anyone can actually offer it I'd question how long they're going to be able to do it without getting too stressed.

I'd say expand your budget or re-assess how much storage space you need as I believe it'll be difficult to really satisfy your demand.

Sorry, I think you misunderstand I've had a legitimate offer at the 150-a-year price. Thats currently my go to offer.

• ZyraZyra Member

maybe a long shot but could @PulsedMedia do something?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jackalblood said: Sorry, I think you misunderstand I've had a legitimate offer at the 150-a-year price. Thats currently my go to offer.

Ahh.

Then I'd take it if you'd trust them to be reliable. Sounds like a pretty good deal

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@jackalblood said: Sorry, I think you misunderstand I've had a legitimate offer at the 150-a-year price. Thats currently my go to offer.

Ahh.

Then I'd take it if you'd trust them to be reliable. Sounds like a pretty good deal

I'm not sure if the provider wants them mentioned but I will say their rep seems good so I'm heavily leaning on taking it. Thank you for the advice it really is appreciated.

• @jackalblood said: I'm not sure if the provider wants them mentioned but I will say their rep seems good so I'm heavily leaning on taking it. Thank you for the advice it really is appreciated.

Then I think that's a very reasonable offer to take. I don't know who the vendor is but just make sure that it seems like they have good financial stability and are in a position where they're able to continue delivering sustainability over a long term. You don't want to build your system up only for them to disappear a few months later. But if they have a decent reputation then I'd say eh why not.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Zyra said:
    maybe a long shot but could @PulsedMedia do something?

Yes, our Storage Boxes: https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-boxes.php

Unmetered inbound, Unmetered Eggress @ 100Mbps, and a little bit of fast 10G Eggress.

10Gbps RAID5 and RAID0 options, more than a decade of history, and very very few data loss events (More than 9/10 those has been RAID0/Single Drive, and probably less than 5 events over more than a decade with any other level)

Here is a 20% discount for first payment of minimum of 6months, valid until end of month and one per user: LETSTOR5DDQE568WU

Our cheapest then comes with 3 year discount of 15%: RAID0 10G at 1.08€/TB/Month (V10G RAID0 12TB). Not only that but our free storage bonus gives you more storage over time. Maxes out at +300%, and we got a lot of users on that level too.

Bonus important bits:

• 1% for every 62.50€ paid (minus transaction fees)
    • 0.5% for every month service has been active
    • 0.1% for every month since billing profile registration

So if the server has free space, 3 year signup for 12TB would probably see ~immediate 7.5% bonus, then another 21.6% by end of the 3 years for total of 29.1%. Yes, this means we give more bonus than the rate HDD pricing decreases.

This means it would be actually 15.49TB at end of 3 years, on average 13.75TB giving a final mean pricing of just 0.94€/TB/Month :O Wicked, i know!

Tho, just know the bonus is not guaranteed, depends on server resources, available global resources etc. If there is a data loss event due to RAID0 array failure it's a standard practice to swiftly replace service and give a extra free month of service to compensate for having to re-populate it with data.

Perfect for secondary backups in the 3-2-1 rule.

Pipe through GPG in batch mode to encrypt your data locally, so you can have end-to-end encryption too.

Thanked by 3johndeo983 Zyra TimRoo
  • your need to increase your budget and best is get a lowcost kimsufi dedicated server of 6tb or 8tb but you will get 100Mbps bandwidth

• @diwakerd said:
    your need to increase your budget and best is get a lowcost kimsufi dedicated server of 6tb or 8tb but you will get 100Mbps bandwidth

I found an option way in budget with a provider with 1G 40TB. It's not dedicated but perfect for my needs. I don't know if the provider wants the custom plan mentioned so I won't name names but I'm very pleased.