Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40 Gbps Port VPS Hosting - Testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

40 Gbps Port VPS Hosting - Testing

BatuCloudBatuCloud Member
edited August 2023 in General

Hi Guys,

We will activate our 40 Gbps VPS Servers until the end of August.
To begin with, we will provide asymmetric internet.
40 Gbps download port / 5 Gbps Upload port

We are preparing its config and price.
We will continue to serve you on QFX and MX Routers very soon.

Comments

• You need testers?

• @tronyx said:
    You need testers?

Yeah, we'll always need it.

• @BatuCloud said:

@tronyx said:
    You need testers?

I would like to help you out and test it. B)

• @BatuCloud said:

@tronyx said:
    You need testers?

i could be one

• I'm interested as well

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

The post a little confusing, are you just stating that you have this speed? are you asking for testers or are you saying we can order and you will upgrade us?

• I can also be a tester :smile:

• Would love to test the 40g

• As a user of Batucloud already I'd love to throw my hat in the testing pool. My current VPS's all run great.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited August 2023

Wondering what 40Gbps port speed used for? Even 10Gbps is too much. Except you are using it for file sharing, content streaming, or torrenting. But i don't think those allowed in this VPS. Correct me if i'm wrong.

For me the ideal one is upload speed should be the same or higher than the download speed. I would rather to choose 10Gbps DOWN and 10Gbps UP than 40Gbps DOWN and 5Gbps UP. But yeah, good luck on that.

• @febryanvaldo said: Wondering what 40Gbps port speed used for? Even 10Gbps is too much. Except you are using it for file sharing, content streaming, or torrenting. But i don't think those allowed in this VPS. Correct me if i'm wrong.

For me the ideal one is upload speed should be the same or higher than the download speed. I would rather to choose 10Gbps DOWN and 10Gbps UP than 40Gbps DOWN and 5Gbps UP. But yeah, good luck on that.

Yeah, 10Gbps up & down makes more sense than 40Gbps down and 5Gbps up

• ZreindZreind Member
    edited August 2023

@bh4tech said:

@febryanvaldo said: Wondering what 40Gbps port speed used for? Even 10Gbps is too much. Except you are using it for file sharing, content streaming, or torrenting. But i don't think those allowed in this VPS. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, 10Gbps up & down makes more sense than 40Gbps down and 5Gbps up

"To begin with, we will provide asymmetric internet.
    40 Gbps download port / 5 Gbps Upload port"

"To begin with" means, at the start. So %99 it won't be 40/5.

• I'm interested very well

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited August 2023

@febryanvaldo said:
    Wondering what 40Gbps port speed used for? Even 10Gbps is too much. Except you are using it for file sharing, content streaming, or torrenting. But i don't think those allowed in this VPS. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I guess if you are running some sort of mirror or cloner, no idea.
    Maybe a CDN, Data Backup, IoT Hub, Big Data, VR, Educational stuff.

• @febryanvaldo said:

High ingress bandwidth is very useful if you get attacked.
    1Gbps server can be taken down fairly easily, 40Gbps not that easy.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@AXYZE said:
    1Gbps server can be taken down fairly easily, 40Gbps not that easy.

Well, yes, but I doubt that VPS is able to handle even 1Gbps flood

• Great to see such high speed servers - I would definitely like to test it for reselling

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

It is really impressive to see 40 Gbps port speed on VPS. What server configurations do you use for this purpose?

• @febryanvaldo said:

for me as a proven and certified full professional, 40Gbps UP/DOWN makes perfect sense!

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2023

Which direction is down and up?

For a residential service, I want download to be >= uploads. But for a hosted server I want the opposite and referred to as ingress and egress so not confusing.

Symmetrical is usually best option.

• @BatuCloud said:

@tronyx said:
    You need testers?

Where do I sign up!?

• @BatuCloud said:

@tronyx said:
    You need testers?

Where do I sign up!?

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member