Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup nameserver or connect a domain to CloudPanel server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to setup nameserver or connect a domain to CloudPanel server?

Hello,

Today I have installed CloudPanel on Debian then saw no option to setup nameserver.
I have tried couple of things by searching the internet but as I am very beginner and this is 1st time I am using Cloudpanel so I am unable to connect my domain to the server.
So how to connect the domain , please guide me.

Comments

• RUSSRUSS Member

hostkar

• If you could tell us where you registered your domain, I'm sure we'd be able to help you out. Wherever you registered your domain should have customizable DNS settings.

You need to set an "A" record and a "CNAME" record.

Thanked by 1hostkar
  • @Don_Keedic said: You need to set an "A" record and a "CNAME" record.

>

Domain is with namesilo but they don't provide advance dns. but I can use any other 3rd party like Cloudflare.

• SKumarSKumar Member
    edited August 2023

You should be able to set the required DNS records.

You would need to point your domain to Namesilo's nameservers and then you should get the option to manage DNS.

Try this link:

https://www.namesilo.com/support/v2/articles/domain-manager/dns-manager

OR

If you are going to use Cloudflare then here check this:

https://www.cloudpanel.io/docs/v2/frontend-area/security/#cloudflare

• @hostkar said:

Domain is with namesilo but they don't provide advance dns. but I can use any other 3rd party like Cloudflare.

Namesilo does provide a DNS manager. However, Cloudpanel does not provide a DNS server, so you need to use a third-party DNS provider.

If you are using Cloudflare, follow these steps to set up your DNS:

1. Go to the DNS settings in Cloudflare.
    2. Create an A record for your main domain.
    3. Point the A record to your Cloudpanel IP.

In Cloudpanel, make sure you have already added your domain. After completing these steps, everything should work correctly.