Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$34+ Our Biggest Sale Yet - INSTANT XEON E3, RYZEN 7 5700, 64G Mem, 1TB NVMe, 1G Unmetered - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$34+ Our Biggest Sale Yet - INSTANT XEON E3, RYZEN 7 5700, 64G Mem, 1TB NVMe, 1G Unmetered

Comments

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@bula said:
    @FiberState took a plunge on this deal,
    "ADD MY DRIVE"
    Ref. Order Number: 6775965322

Done!

• ipzhipzh Member

@fiberstate said:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G Can I apply to increase to 95GB of memory if I have already purchased it?

• ipzhipzh Member

@FiberState iberState Please add additional memory
    Payment ID Transaction #: 33F76134G1511631Y

• ipzhipzh Member

FiberState Add My RAM

Payment Order No. Transaction #: 33F76134G1511631Y

• ipzhipzh Member

@FiberState FiberState Add My RAM

Payment Order No. Transaction #: 33F76134G1511631Y

• ipzhipzh Member

@FiberState
    FiberState ADD MY RAM
    Order # 5246094785

• ipzhipzh Member

@FiberState
    FiberState ADD MY RAM
    Order # 5246094785

• ipzhipzh Member

@fiberstate
    FiberState ADD MY RAM
    Order # 5246094785

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited August 2023

@ipzh said:
    @fiberstate said:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G Can I apply to increase to 95GB of memory if I have already purchased it?

I think that if you ordered in the past, you probably won't get extra.

I said this

@Nanja said:
    Am I eligible for the extra ram?
    Order Number: 6543612403
    I bought server before you have sale.

Still waiting on a reply, maybe dodged a bullet though. If they can't reply a simple yes or no. How will they treat you as a client in the future if you need help?

edited August 2023

@Nanja pinged your ticket. Thanks!

@ipzh said:
    @FiberState
    FiberState ADD MY RAM
    Order # 5246094785

Done!

@Nanja said:
    Am I eligible for the extra ram?
    Order Number: 6543612403

Done!

• @fiberstate
    FiberState ADD MY RAM
    Order Number: 3847976053

• @Nanja said:
    Still waiting on a reply, maybe dodged a bullet though. If they can't reply a simple yes or no. How will they treat you as a client in the future if you need help?

I take my words back.
    They are a good company, resolved my issues and added extra ram right away.

Thanked by 1fiberstate
  • Any chance to get ECC RAM with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G?

@comXyz said:
    Any chance to get ECC RAM with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G?

We can do ECC with our E5 servers.

• ZurgZurg Member

So far Fiberstate has been top notch. I ran across a few issues (mainly my n00b knowledge) and they worked with me to get things going. Quick to reply to my ticket WITH relevant replies not like some of the other providers.

Got Proxmox running with IPv4 and IPv6. no issues whatsoever.
    Now., who wants to buy and donate me their 32gigs of ram I'll never use? lol... j.k.

@fiberstate hopefully soon we can get upgrade options for our servers in the console. :smile:

• @fiberstate said: We can do ECC with our E5 servers.

But I want ECC with the Ryzen one. It's too risky to run Proxmox on non-ECC RAM node

@Zurg said:
    So far Fiberstate has been top notch. I ran across a few issues (mainly my n00b knowledge) and they worked with me to get things going. Quick to reply to my ticket WITH relevant replies not like some of the other providers.

Got Proxmox running with IPv4 and IPv6. no issues whatsoever.
    Now., who wants to buy and donate me their 32gigs of ram I'll never use? lol... j.k.

@fiberstate hopefully soon we can get upgrade options for our servers in the console. :smile:

Glad to see the positive feedback! :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@comXyz said:

@fiberstate said: We can do ECC with our E5 servers.

But I want ECC with the Ryzen one. It's too risky to run Proxmox on non-ECC RAM node

It's not, really, not from any reputable flash manufacturer. I have systems with non-ECC in use for many many years. The Fiberstate Ryzen servers are a great deal, it's why even I grabbed one. if you "need" ECC it's going to cost you. Their boards do support ECC UDIMM however, so if they wanted to offer it I'm sure they would at a cost.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@comXyz said:

It's not, really, not from any reputable flash manufacturer. I have systems with non-ECC in use for many many years. The Fiberstate Ryzen servers are a great deal, it's why even I grabbed one. if you "need" ECC it's going to cost you. Their boards do support ECC UDIMM however, so if they wanted to offer it I'm sure they would at a cost.

The people who want ECC won't go without it. Lots of first hand experience and why we introduced it with our Ryzen 7000 range.

For those of you on the fence here, let me give you some numbers. At $50, it will take fiberstate YEARS to break even on this hardware (seems like they're building it new).

Assume the build cost is a low $500 per server (it's not...trust me), BEFORE power, bandwidth, cooling, and tech costs it would take 10 months to just reach cost parity here.

This is a buy now, think later deal.

Thanked by 2crunchbits gbzret4d
    edited August 2023

@comXyz said:

We are utilizing brand new ASROCK Rack motherboards. They are server-grade hardware, coupled with the fact that they have built-in dual NVMe slots and all hardware we are deploying right now is brand new including the memory modules we are using which are the Crucial / Micron brand, you'll be just fine running Proxmox. We ourselves use these servers on Proxmox setups without issue.

If ECC is a deal breaker, you can always chose one of our Dual Xeon E5 servers.

• ADD MY DRIVE
    Order Number: 5318778662

Thanks

• @fiberstate ADD MY RAM
    Order Number: 3548899001

Thank you

• @MikeA said: I have systems with non-ECC in use for many many years

I do also, but I don't use non-ECC for anything critical. I found correctable errors reproted by rasdaemon on many servers that I'm monitoring. Since I'm not a professional administrator but a developer, I will just stick with the recommendation of using ECC RAM

• FiberState ADD MY DRIVE
    Order Number: 9677464996

Can you also enable RAID0 with the 2 drives, or can this be done on IPMI?

edited August 2023

@comXyz feel free to get in touch and we'll quote you ECC memory on the R7 specials and or build whatever config you need.

We'll have all the requested hardware promo's processed shortly. Thanks!

@sanvit said:
    FiberState ADD MY DRIVE
    Order Number: 9677464996

Can you also enable RAID0 with the 2 drives, or can this be done on IPMI?

Yes. You can reload your server from IPMI and configure RAID however you'd like.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @fiberstate update on IPv6? should I bump my ticket?