Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anonfiles.com shutdown
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anonfiles.com shutdown

After trying endlessly for two years to run a file sharing site with user anonymity we have been tired of handling the extreme volumes of people abusing it and the headaches it has created for us.
Maybe it is hard to understand but after tens of million uploads and many petabytes later all work of handling abuse was automated through all available channels to be fast as possible.
We have auto banned contents of hundreds of thousands files.
Banned file names and also banned specific usage patterns connected to abusive material to the point where we did not care if we accidental delete thousands of false positive in this process.
Even after all this the high volume of abuse will not stop.
This is not the kind of work we imagine when acquiring it and recently our proxy provider shut us down.

This can not continue.

https://anonfiles.com/

Thanked by 1shruub

Comments

• Rip, was a good service. Too bad it got abused as much as it did.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MMzFMMzF Member

Oh God... R.I.P anonfiles.

• Domain for sale, maybe somebody would continue same work as they did...

• mhnmhn Member

@tronyx said:
    Domain for sale, maybe somebody would continue same work as they did...

can't see any reason to get it since running ads on it would not even let you break even. maybe just for rep

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

hmm

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Our anonymous file upload service is still up.
    Abuse is impossible by design.
    🌐 https://yoursunny.com/p/summer-host/storage/

• @yoursunny said:

True. This is the best storage. One can not abuse it, because every person has a limit on how many push-ups they can do.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Thank you AnonFiles, thank you for trying.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @yoursunny said:

thanks, I had a blast

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • rip :(

• emreemre Member, LIR

I once tried to run a free image only upload site only for friends and family.

But the domain is so good and short that it blew somehow.

And at that moment I saw how crooked and weird the humanity is.

I can only make the site run for a month before I had to delete everything and quit.

other than constant abuse of upload limits and file types when I saw what people upload I question my own humanity.

• @johndeo983 said:
    ...Maybe it is hard to understand...

It's very easy to understand, whenever I see site that does similar stuff I just assume it will be gone in less than a year.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @yoursunny said:

Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for summer-host-storage.yoursunny.dev expired on 7/26/2023.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hyperblast said:

@yoursunny said:

Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for summer-host-storage.yoursunny.dev expired on 7/26/2023.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

It's @natvps_uk fault.
    This is hosted on their load balancer.
    The load balancer is supposed to auto-renew certificates.

@emre do you still have the scripting?

Yeah. stuff like that is not for the faint of heart.
    Just imagine what is uploaded to YouTube and gets flagged let alone some of these other sites that shall not be named.

Has anyone tried to email them about the domain? Gotten a response?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@DataIdeas-Josh said: Has anyone tried to email them about the domain? Gotten a response?

>

My I'm contact us , and no any replay :(

regards

• i'll repost what i said on monero.town:

with every free anonymous service there will be A LOT of abuse, because if you break the rules you lose no money, there are no consequences and you can just re-offend right away. even with paid services there is abuse, but thankfully we’ve only had one CP complaint and a couple more benign aggressive vuln/port scanning complaints

besides that, the whole site looked shady as fuck and i’m not surprised sick people flocked to it

i’m 100% sure this was because of CP because morally one can handle people using his service for spreading malware or db dumps but when people start uploading shit tons of child abuse material to your service at some point you just say fuck it and give up

Thanked by 1boxelder
  • @naphtha said:
    i'll repost what i said on monero.town:

with every free anonymous service there will be A LOT of abuse, because if you break the rules you lose no money, there are no consequences and you can just re-offend right away. even with paid services there is abuse, but thankfully we’ve only had one CP complaint and a couple more benign aggressive vuln/port scanning complaints

besides that, the whole site looked shady as fuck and i’m not surprised sick people flocked to it

i’m 100% sure this was because of CP because morally one can handle people using his service for spreading malware or db dumps but when people start uploading shit tons of child abuse material to your service at some point you just say fuck it and give up

Thanked by 1naphtha
  • Pedophiles are always the problem.

Kill all pedos(not in minecraft).

• you can self host transfer.sh if you need to also download stuff using a command line

• It was a great site, I’m sorry to hear some people abused it. Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this service!

Had anyone heard from them?

• LeviLevi Member

The problem majorly resolved when site is non-english. Of course audience also shrinks, but at least you can sleep at night without flashes of insane horrors uploaded.

Thanked by 1hyperblast

@LTniger said:
    The problem majorly resolved when site is non-english. Of course audience also shrinks, but at least you can sleep at night without flashes of insane horrors uploaded.

Honestly after seeing the old site rotten/com back in the day. Nothing surprises me anymore what can/would be uploaded to sites like that.