Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have experience with SSD Nodes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone have experience with SSD Nodes?

linyejialinyejia Member
edited August 2023 in General

Does anyone have experience with SSD Nodes? About its history, reputation, performance, stability, and other pertinent aspects. Any insights would be highly appreciated.

I see their discounted prices are so cheap I can't believe it.

Comments

• 10/10 search usage skill.

• Someone help ChatGPT out.

• Put question or request in signature too. It's too short.

• SEO stunt?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

In 2020 I signed up.

But then I read reviews.

I thought "life is short, I don't have time for this, why risk a hassle."

So I applied for a refund.

It was granted very quickly.

So I can't tell you if their service is good, but I can say that in 2020, they honored refunds promptly.

This is the end of my story. I hope you enjoyed it.

• tldr their huge RAM amount is basically a scam and probably so is everything else

Thanked by 1sidewinder
  • They use SSD as RAM

• I can't believe your signature got removed either

• @cybertech said:
    I can't believe your signature got removed either

Yes, In order to prove that I am not posting SEO articles.

• @raindog308 said:

In 2020 I signed up.

But then I read reviews.

I thought "life is short, I don't have time for this, why risk a hassle."

So I applied for a refund.

It was granted very quickly.

So I can't tell you if their service is good, but I can say that in 2020, they honored refunds promptly.

This is the end of my story. I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you. Perhaps we shouldn’t trying the cheapest one.

• suutsuut Member

In bad odor.

• looks to good to be true

• SSDNodes is the best VPS provider ever. Like ever ever!

They took the phrase cutting-edge technology and replaced it with rusty butter knives. Imagine a world where waiting for your VPS to respond is a form of meditation. SSDNodes has mastered the art of time dilation – every task you attempt becomes an exercise in patience. It's like they've discovered a way to slow down the space-time continuum, all in the name of performance.

And you know what their greatest strength is!? Their innovative use of SSD as RAM. Who needs actual RAM when you can just summon the powers of your trusty Solid State Drive, right!?

• @alilet said:
    SSDNodes is the best VPS provider ever. Like ever ever!

They took the phrase cutting-edge technology and replaced it with rusty butter knives. Imagine a world where waiting for your VPS to respond is a form of meditation. SSDNodes has mastered the art of time dilation – every task you attempt becomes an exercise in patience. It's like they've discovered a way to slow down the space-time continuum, all in the name of performance.

And you know what their greatest strength is!? Their innovative use of SSD as RAM. Who needs actual RAM when you can just summon the powers of your trusty Solid State Drive, right!?

I am currently using Contabo and Hetzner. Compared with the same configuration of Vultr and DigitalOcean I used before, I think they are cheap enough, but the price of SSD Nodes broke my cognition, so I dare not try. And it seems that they don't have many customers, and the relatively new information I can search for is not much.

• FWIW, I've used them since Dec 2018 and have never had a problem. When I have questions about this or that their Support response is quick. I started with a 8GB server, and am now on their 48GB Performance - they were cool letting me put leftover funds from one yearly server towards the next upgrade, too. I guess I've been lucky.

• @scooke said:
    FWIW, I've used them since Dec 2018 and have never had a problem. When I have questions about this or that their Support response is quick. I started with a 8GB server, and am now on their 48GB Performance - they were cool letting me put leftover funds from one yearly server towards the next upgrade, too. I guess I've been lucky.

when you cancel a vps early, they give remaining funds in form of credits which you can use for next vps.

to OP: i won't they are the fastest but i do have 2 vps with them for like 3+ years and they are good/decent.

i don't find them very fast in terms of cpu etc but again...my usage is not resource intensive and i don't fear they close the shop anytime so i host demo sites, static sites, staging sites etc there and never had any problems with them except, when i try to do CPU intensive like AI for face detection etc...they seems to be very slow (ofcourse they didn't sent me any emails or anything but server was processing images very slowly)

• I will only recommend it to my enemies :wink:

Thanked by 1anrikaz