Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH has booted Spaceberg off
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH has booted Spaceberg off

mikewazarmikewazar Member
edited August 2023 in General

It looks like Spaceberg has been booted off by their upstream provider, OVH, after days long downtime

We are writing to inform you of recent developments concerning your VPS services hosted within the OVH network. This communication is of particular significance to those utilizing VPS plans, specifically Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered configurations. Our company has received a formal response from our designated Account Manager at OVH, the renowned hosting and cloud services provider. As part of our service offerings, we have been providing France-based VPS plans utilizing the Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered infrastructure from OVH. For your convenience, the response we received from OVH can be accessed through the following link: https://imgur.com/a/LvmL45a In light of this development, we strongly recommend that you initiate the process of backing up any critical data that resides within your OVH-hosted VPS with us. It is important to take this precautionary measure as a safeguard against potential disruptions in service provision, given that OVH has yet to confirm the continued availability of their servers. Regrettably, OVH has chosen not to provide any proactive information or clarification regarding the circumstances surrounding the impending service unavailability. Despite our continued investment in additional customer support resources, we have not been able to obtain advance information or assistance from OVH. This situation is particularly disappointing, as we have maintained a professional relationship with OVH and adhered to our contractual obligations. Consequently, we are faced with the unfortunate reality that we are unable to sustain the delivery of services within the OVH network. This will directly impact VPS plans utilizing Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered setups, which will no longer be available. It is our intention to explore alternative options, including the consideration of procuring hardware for deployment within alternative data centers. This strategic measure is being taken to prevent a recurrence of similar issues in the future. We wish to emphasize our commitment to transparency and respectful customer interactions. We express our gratitude for your patronage and understanding throughout this challenging period. Moving forward, we have devised two options for those customers currently subscribed to active services, specifically those utilizing VPS configurations within the OVH network (HDD, Hybrid, Unmetered). These options are as follows: Transition to Dedicated Server: We offer the opportunity to migrate to a dedicated server solution at a significantly discounted rate. As an added benefit, we will double the amount you have previously paid and convert it into service credits. These credits can be applied to your future invoices. To sweeten the deal, the first month of dedicated server usage will be provided at no cost to you. Full Refund: If the above option does not align with your preferences, you may choose to receive a full refund to your original payment method on a pro-rata basis. To initiate your preferred choice, kindly create a support ticket within the BILLING/SALES DEPARTMENT ONLY section of our website. Our dedicated team member will guide you through the process. Please note that, due to the limited personnel in our billing and sales department, response times may vary. Rest assured, we are committed to addressing your inquiries in a timely manner. Our commitment to the quality and reliability of our dedicated server offerings remains unwavering. We have been successfully delivering dedicated server solutions for the past nine months without any reported issues from our end or that of our providers. We deeply regret the circumstances that have led to this situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Despite our best efforts, we find ourselves in a position where we cannot rectify this situation differently. This unfortunate incident has provided us with insights into OVH's operational performance that were unexpected and disheartening. We are profoundly moved by the trust you have placed in us as your service provider and share your frustration. As we navigate this challenge, we extend our appreciation for your understanding and patience. Our commitment to serving you with excellence remains steadfast.

Source: https://status.spaceberg.cc/incident?id=0bb585a0-aac1-4bfd-922a-5f10d52a34e1

Comments

• I guess the silver lining is that they were monthly plans.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • I was too close to ordering one VPS but wasn't in time because out of stock.

• Interesting.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Ok but why happened this?Why OVH end services with spaceberg

Regards

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • I almost ordered a few times and each time in the back of my mind a voice said no don't. Been burned too many times

Now they have to find a new home to operate out of Good Luck, sounds like a cluster coming.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • edited August 2023

Expected? Yes. Another red flag for these cowboys.

As I said, if you search for Canvyy, they are known for having problems. Last time they stole money and ran away, now they got booted from OVH. I bet this is to do with hammering the network or not doing something right and OVH didnt like that.

• Probably because of DMCA/copyright/public trackers, I’d assume.

• @SirFoxy said:
    Probably because of DMCA/copyright/public trackers, I’d assume.

this is OVH we're talking about. they host C2s and malware like its just another tuesday lmao

• just ovh! same goes for scaleway, digicube, leaseweb, myloc, server4you, ecatel/reba etc.

once crap always crap

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited August 2023

@mikewazar said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Probably because of DMCA/copyright/public trackers, I’d assume.

this is OVH we're talking about. they host C2s and malware like its just another tuesday lmao

I mean, usually through obscurity. Not intentionally advertising public tracker allowed seed boxes.

OVH is increasingly becoming a B2B “cloud” company - it isn’t the same as the 2010s anymore.

Just google “OVH DMCA”, here’s a thread for example:

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1764769

• Saw this coming, OVH doesn't allow blatant abuse on their own ranges. The upside is that if you got in early, you got a good deal before the eventual deadpool.

• Honestly I didn’t expect it to last long, but hey it was good while it lasted.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

No matter what you think, OVH does not allow blatantly, openly selling seedboxes as a commercial business on their network.

• edited August 2023

This also reminds how Feralhosting was kicked out from OVH years ago.

Also why is the refund on pro rata base and not a full refund?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@xx00xx said: digicube

oh don't get me started on digicube. Thanks to them, Pulsed Media almost never was.

I had to sell my car, live on diet of only ~macaroni for many months in order to recover from them. I essentially put all my lifesavings into Pulsed Media to get back on track and fulfill all obligations, re-open sales. We were literally just like 200€ short of going over, thanks Digicube.

Fortunately had that, and after months of macaroni diet, people trusted us because how we handled that fiasko, sales were good, and couple months later i think i catched up on other bills and had money to buy some meat too for the mac :)
    That was late 2010, and by mid 2012 i believe we were one of the larger OVH customers. Well, at least large enough for Oles himself to ask our feedback 🤷🤷

@TheDrunkenDribbler said:
    This also reminds how Feralhosting was kicked out from OVH years ago.

Also why is the refund on pro rata base and not a full refund?

Feral: We had all our production @ OVH back then too and remember this well, difference between other SB providers and us was that we didn't abuse the services and had significant portion of dedis, A LOT of servers with them. We didn't get kicked out.

Prorata and not full: They probably won't have money to refund everyone fully would be my guess.

Hope spaceberg fulfills their obligations to customers as well as they can.

• @PulsedMedia said:

oh don't get me started on digicube. Thanks to them, Pulsed Media almost never was.

I had to sell my car, live on diet of only ~macaroni for many months in order to recover from them. I essentially put all my lifesavings into Pulsed Media to get back on track and fulfill all obligations, re-open sales. We were literally just like 200€ short of going over, thanks Digicube.

Fortunately had that, and after months of macaroni diet, people trusted us because how we handled that fiasko, sales were good, and couple months later i think i catched up on other bills and had money to buy some meat too for the mac :)
    That was late 2010, and by mid 2012 i believe we were one of the larger OVH customers. Well, at least large enough for Oles himself to ask our feedback 🤷🤷

Did they kick you out or what happened with digicube?

@heiska said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Did they kick you out or what happened with digicube?

They took money, never delivered, refused refund. I'm not sure did we ever even get the full service months paid for, i doubt we did.

They simply extended some servers, and did not deliver rest, and we had obligation to deliver, and we had spent everything we had coming in with Digicube so far, and paid upfront, i think on their request too.

The nodes were also unstable, and the network was ... somewhat flaky.
    We managed to get the nodes stable by running cpuburn for 30mins on each, typical issue back then for new CPUs.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

Line breaks for those who don't want a headache. This is why I pay $20/mo for ChatGPT.

We are writing to inform you of recent developments concerning your VPS services hosted within the OVH network. This communication is of particular significance to those utilizing VPS plans, specifically Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered configurations.

Our company has received a formal response from our designated Account Manager at OVH, the renowned hosting and cloud services provider. As part of our service offerings, we have been providing France-based VPS plans utilizing the Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered infrastructure from OVH. For your convenience, the response we received from OVH can be accessed through the following link: https://imgur.com/a/LvmL45a

In light of this development, we strongly recommend that you initiate the process of backing up any critical data that resides within your OVH-hosted VPS with us. It is important to take this precautionary measure as a safeguard against potential disruptions in service provision, given that OVH has yet to confirm the continued availability of their servers.

Regrettably, OVH has chosen not to provide any proactive information or clarification regarding the circumstances surrounding the impending service unavailability. Despite our continued investment in additional customer support resources, we have not been able to obtain advance information or assistance from OVH. This situation is particularly disappointing, as we have maintained a professional relationship with OVH and adhered to our contractual obligations.

Consequently, we are faced with the unfortunate reality that we are unable to sustain the delivery of services within the OVH network. This will directly impact VPS plans utilizing Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered setups, which will no longer be available.

It is our intention to explore alternative options, including the consideration of procuring hardware for deployment within alternative data centers. This strategic measure is being taken to prevent a recurrence of similar issues in the future.

We wish to emphasize our commitment to transparency and respectful customer interactions. We express our gratitude for your patronage and understanding throughout this challenging period.

Moving forward, we have devised two options for those customers currently subscribed to active services, specifically those utilizing VPS configurations within the OVH network (HDD, Hybrid, Unmetered). These options are as follows:

• Transition to Dedicated Server: We offer the opportunity to migrate to a dedicated server solution at a significantly discounted rate. As an added benefit, we will double the amount you have previously paid and convert it into service credits. These credits can be applied to your future invoices. To sweeten the deal, the first month of dedicated server usage will be provided at no cost to you.

• Full Refund: If the above option does not align with your preferences, you may choose to receive a full refund to your original payment method on a pro-rata basis.

To initiate your preferred choice, kindly create a support ticket within the BILLING/SALES DEPARTMENT ONLY section of our website. Our dedicated team member will guide you through the process. Please note that, due to the limited personnel in our billing and sales department, response times may vary. Rest assured, we are committed to addressing your inquiries in a timely manner.

Our commitment to the quality and reliability of our dedicated server offerings remains unwavering. We have been successfully delivering dedicated server solutions for the past nine months without any reported issues from our end or that of our providers.

We deeply regret the circumstances that have led to this situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Despite our best efforts, we find ourselves in a position where we cannot rectify this situation differently. This unfortunate incident has provided us with insights into OVH's operational performance that were unexpected and disheartening.

We are profoundly moved by the trust you have placed in us as your service provider and share your frustration. As we navigate this challenge, we extend our appreciation for your understanding and patience. Our commitment to serving you with excellence remains steadfast.

@MannDude said: Line breaks for those who don't want a headache. This is why I pay $20/mo for ChatGPT.

Best $20/Mo i'm spending too! :)

btw, the OVH's email is obviously generated with chatgpt, with no output modifiers what so ever, as vanilla as gpt-3.5 / gpt-4 makes it.

Thanked by 2MannDude bdl
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2023

@Calin said:
    Ok but why happened this?
    Why OVH end services with spaceberg.

There are only 5 reasons why they would end contract with big customer.

1. DDoS attacks or constantly compromised services that put the network to risk. (I.e. malware scanning and spreading) OVH applies network blocking to known malware traffic, but this becomes hard to block if the traffic comes from inside the network.

2. OP is from banned country, i.e. Lebanon/China and they only realized now.

3. There is a significant reputation issue with OP's company that makes Ovhcloud not want to associate with them. i.e. someone reported that they host something bad or are involved as a company with something bad that might have risk of being hosted at Ovhcloud in future by them.

4. non-payment of contracted services, or too many 14-days cancelations of such services.

5. Fraud/bounce from bank when attempting to pay for the services.

Usually its the number 1 rule. This is the same message that 100up provider got when they got kicked by ovhcloud usa. In their case, it was number 1.

• Just glad I paid monthly using PayPal lmao

• Maybe simply generated too much traffic.

• “ We are profoundly moved by the trust”

chatGPT generated text

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'll confess, I'm clueless. Who or what is "Spaceberg"?

• @jsg said:
    I'll confess, I'm clueless. Who or what is "Spaceberg"?

Take a look: https://client.spaceberg.cc/

Thanked by 1jsg
  • probably selling seedboxes with "PUBLIC TRACKERS ARE ALLOWED" and OVH next to each other on the sales page?

• Just another reason i don't choose man-in-the-middle hosts for production data.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • OVH been watching them here and knows what could come.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Why not giving the plain reason, though?