Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers

2»

Comments

• martheenmartheen Member
    edited September 2023

@brueggus said: please test them and let me know if you run into any issues

All 45 servers respond to RFC 8484 GET correctly in both IPv4 & IPv6 when tested from Indonesia.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • worldbusworldbus Member, Host Rep

We are delighted to sponsor your Turkey location. Wishing you all the best!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Quick update for people living on the US East Coast: Three new resolvers have just gone live:

• Allentown, PA (Thanks @MannDude for sponsoring that location!)
    • Detroit, MI and
    • Tampa, FL

Enjoy!

Thanked by 3DP shruub martheen
  • @brueggus said: Allentown

I read that "Alientown". Noice name.

Thanked by 1brueggus

The resolver in India is likely gone for good. Leapswitch is enforcing KYC verification now, but I'm not going to send them a picture of myself or my documents. So they went ahead and suspended the service. I hope that I'll get a refund for the remaining months.

That being said, I've been able to get quite a few good deals on BF and a bunch of new locations will be added soon™.

• @brueggus said:
    The resolver in India is likely gone for good. Leapswitch is enforcing KYC verification now, but I'm not going to send them a picture of myself or my documents. So they went ahead and suspended the service. I hope that I'll get a refund for the remaining months.

That being said, I've been able to get quite a few good deals on BF and a bunch of new locations will be added soon™.

Youre doing the right thing, fight back against this nonsense.

Thanked by 2brueggus lothos
  • how to use with ipv4?

@0xricoard said:
    how to use with ipv4?

All resolvers support IPv4 and IPv6.

edited February 8

Quick update: The resolver in Castlegar (which was hosted by Limewave Communications) has been removed.

A new resolver in Kansas City (generously sponsored by @f4net ) has been added.

• Is there any benefit you using this if you're not paranoid your current DNS provider is tracking you (or you don't care if they do)?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@JosephF said:
    Is there any benefit you using this if you're not paranoid your current DNS provider is tracking you (or you don't care if they do)?

DNS is usually plain, your ISP can read what sites you visit.
    Your VPN Provider too, so yea there is.

edited March 1

Update: All resolvers support DNS over TLS (DoT) now, please see the website for details.

We have a new resolver in Oradea, Romania, courtesy of @host_c . Thank you for your support! <3

Tbilisi, Georgia has been decommissioned due to high costs and a low number of users.
    Hong Kong (hkg01) will likely be decommissioned soon as the service is due for renewal and the provider is not responding to my messages. Please switch to hkg02.
    Taos, NM has network issues for a week and the provider is not responding to tickets, so that one's likely to be removed as well.

Thanked by 1NoNoisyNeighbour
  • kaitkait Member

@brueggus may I know what a heavily used vps uses in CPU/RAM/Bandwidth?

edited March 1

@kait said:

I can't really tell how heavy the usage per resolver is as I don't collect any logs. I collect metrics from unbound, for example, but I am quite doubtful whether those are accurate.

My software stack itself (unbound, encrypted-dns-server, doh-proxy) doesn't need a lot of resources. Some of the older resolvers run on 512 MB RAM and a single CPU without issues. For new ones, I'm looking for at least 1 GB of RAM since I'm using Alma Linux 8 (and Rocky Linux in some cases) as base OS and I don't want to be pestered by the oom-killer every time I use dnf.

Most locations have around 300-500 GB of traffic per month. Some are below, some are above, but I'm not aware of any location that exceeds 1 TB/mo.

• kaitkait Member

@brueggus said:

@kait said:

I can't really tell how heavy the usage per resolver is as I don't collect any logs. I collect metrics from unbound, for example, but I am quite doubtful whether those are accurate.

My software stack itself (unbound, encrypted-dns-server, doh-proxy) doesn't need a lot of resources. Some of the older resolvers run on 512 MB RAM and a single CPU without issues. For new ones, I'm looking for at least 1 GB of RAM since I'm using Alma Linux 8 (and Rocky Linux in some cases) as base OS and I don't want to be pestered by the oom-killer every time I use dnf.

Most locations have around 300-500 GB of traffic per month. Some are below, some are above, but I'm not aware of any location that exceeds 1 TB/mo.

Ty <3 will reach out when ready.

Thanked by 1brueggus