Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you ready to pay for development of new billing system ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you ready to pay for development of new billing system ?

Hi all,

we are small hosting company from Bulgaria. Last few years we are trying to adapt Hostbill for our needs as billing system, but it has a lot of bugs. Before that we have tried with Blesta and WHMCS. We are thinking and observing option to develop our own billing solution. My question to all is - is it something that you would invest time and money ? Thanks !

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Have you tried clientexec?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2023

Do people want it?

Yes

Are people going to crowdsource funding for development of it?

Lol.

EDIT: I shouldn't be too quick to judge. But really depends on what your financing model is expected to be. Do you plan on making it paid for? Then you're going to have to really bring a good value or deal to the people who are willing to take the financial risk to trust you to get it done, of which I don't know who you, you just joined... I'm probably not the right person to ask for money. If you're planning to open source it, then might be open/interested. Again, really depends on how this is expected to go long-term.

More than likely, you're probably going to have to pay for it and invest in it yourself if you plan on being a real contender to the current state of things. It's going to suck but if you can make it work then yay.

Thanked by 2homelabber vovler