Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Issue with SimpleLogin Account after Proton Pass Registration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issue with SimpleLogin Account after Proton Pass Registration

I recently encountered an unexpected issue and wanted to share to seek help and possibly alert others.

Background:

I had an account with SimpleLogin, registered with my personal gmail address.
This account, created on May 16, 2013, had my custom domain with 2 mailboxes and 10 aliases.
My main domain was heavily reliant on this account.

Well so today I created an account with Proton Pass primarily to catch the promo.
Used the same email gmail address for registration and while exploring Proton Pass, I attempted to add an alias to a different mail account. I came across a Reddit post that caught my attention.
After that, I tried logging into my SimpleLogin account using my regular credentials. To my surprise, I was met with a "wrong password" error.
Out of curiosity, I tried my new Proton Pass password, but faced the same error.
I proceeded to reset my SimpleLogin password, and upon logging in, I found that all my previous configurations were gone, as if it was a brand new account.

I'm at a loss as to how this could have happened. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Contact support? Proton pass is a new product, not even sure if its even leave beta yet. Plus the state of simplelogin in proton ecosystem after them being bought by proton is a huge mess, either being integrated half ass or not integrated at all.

This situation is why the advice not to put all your things in the same basket comes from.