Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't crowncloud get mentioned here more? ... a simple and honest review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why don't crowncloud get mentioned here more? ... a simple and honest review

Recently I had need for a pair of managed directadmin servers and one of the team at crowncloud contacted me... we had a back and too in PM and got a better understanding of what each could offer and needed

The servers where delivered with secured ssl directadmin access ( not htttp but https), CSF was switched on and modified, SSH port was changed to a random one and the data was migrated from my old host within a few days ( unlike the team at crowncloud, I had to sleep), backups where setup and spam assassin was replaced with rspamd

They also installed multiple versions of php by default, but as php 7 is EOL I asked them could they remove these versions and they did (pretty quickly) which just left me with php 8

I also liked the fact that they have provided me with SSH access but as its managed if I didn't feel comfortable (some people won't, sometimes im unable to do stuff for various reasons ) they are willing to do it for you (and quick to do it too)

What I like is:
Uptime has been amazing
Server is fast (it's SSD so wouldn't expect much less)
Network is good
The number one for me is their support .... 15-30 min response times (mostly <15 mins)

I even got an unmanaged one to "add to the collection" ... to eventually replace some of the ones that are due to expire soon

I also raised a ticket enquiring about removing some of the features from their custom control panel crownpanel (reinstall and mount iso) to prevent me from doing stupid things like accidentally reloading the wrong machine (The managed ones) ... this feature didn't exist, but obviously someone thought it was a good idea; I closed the ticket but someone re-opened it once they had added the feature to tell me it had been added and I could no longer erase my managed servers ....Amazing

I had a slight and odd issue with latency (monitored by them with libre and me with zabbix) my monitoring server was showing packet losss and high latency .... they worked with me to try and resolve the issue ...turns out it was probably because I had forgotten to whitelist my monitoring servers ip and the ping was being ratelimited by csf .... they still worked with me to fix it (which I suspect in a few other places I would have been fobbed off with "no issue on our end" as their monitoring system showed no issues, I saw screenshots )

They don't seem to be well known here and yet they aren't too expensive.... yet offer great support and features

They also appear to have been in business for a number of years (so aren't new to the hosting scene)

I see they also have a storage VPS line.... im not sure I need one, but I want one... so I will be in touch when I can think of something to store on one 😉

I can only recommend crowncloud

Chip

Thanked by 2SpeedBus Abd

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

There's a whole page of IPv6 status:
    https://wiki.crowncloud.net/?ipv6_status
    Native IPv6 is available in all locations.
    Noice.

Thanked by 2chip SpeedBus
  • chipchip Member

@yoursunny said:
    Noice.

Yes and the locations I'm in, it works I've added ip addresses and they work... just a shame my Home Broadband ISP doesn't support IPV6

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @chip said: They don't seem to be well known here and yet they aren't too expensive.... yet offer great support and features

They also appear to have been in business for a number of years (so aren't new to the hosting scene)

Answer is quite simple. They aren't much mentioned here, because they aren't much active here.

They were much more active at LET/LEB around in 2012 when they started. Even I had (with some hiccups back then) two VPSes with them.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Actually solid, since a while however they are not longer dropping a lot of Yearly Deals.
    Hence likely less mentions.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

They provide decent services and they're not a stranger to most of the long-time members of LET.

@SpeedBus is not so active nowadays but he's definitely around, lurking :smiley:

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2023

Glad to know things are working well and thank you for the review @chip, it is very much appreciated! We don't get many of these so every single one is super super valuable :)

I'd like to also thank the others in this thread who'd used our services in the past and hopefully have had a good experience too (if not, do reach out and we'll workout something so you can try-out our services now).

@yoursunny said:
    Noice.

Oh yep, that page started wayy ago when we had a couple of locations with just HE.net tunnels and then over time most of the locations got native v6 connectivity and now all of them have native v6 connectivity :)

@Mumbly said:

@chip said: They don't seem to be well known here and yet they aren't too expensive.... yet offer great support and features

Answer is quite simple. They aren't much mentioned here, because they aren't much active here.

They were much more active at LET/LEB around in 2012 when they started. Even I had (with some hiccups back then) two VPSes with them.

Yep, 100% agreed I need to be a tad bit more active here so the new users/visitors are aware of us. At the same time -- thank you for giving us a chance back then when we had just started off, If you're looking for any new service anytime, do drop in a message :)

@Neoon said:
    Actually solid, since a while however they are not longer dropping a lot of Yearly Deals.
    Hence likely less mentions.

Thank you! :) That's a good point too, we have a lot fewer yearly deals now compared to the past, I guess just 2-3 SKUs compared to at least 5-10 previously, let me see if we can build some on our NVMe or other lesser promoted services :)

@DP said:
    They provide decent services and they're not a stranger to most of the long-time members of LET.

@SpeedBus is not so active nowadays but he's definitely around, lurking :smiley:

Thank you too! :) Yup agreed for sure, I need to be a bit more active here, been around for ~10 years at this point I guess, but I seem to post lesser these days :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 2chip DP
  • Been with them for a while A+++ provider

snapshot is useless i have to shut my server off to use wtf.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@sidewinder said:
    Been with them for a while A+++ provider

snapshot is useless i have to shut my server off to use wtf.

Thank you too! :)

We'll re-look into the snapshot side to figure out something hopefully soon, the process we have right now is solid but requires the VM to be shutoff etc which can get in the way of things for sure. I suspect we'll end up offering both methods (current method + a live snapshot method) and allow the customer to pick/decide on which fits best with the pros/cons of each :)

(apologies I seem to have missed this reply earlier on!)

• Migrated to Crowncloud as a Dedipath refugee for both our main and remote backup VPS.

Sincerely appreciate the expertise and troubleshooting that went into making sure our previous setup was duplicated properly, especially given our move from cPanel to DirectAdmin, which was a concern. Glad we took the risk :))

It's not only a relief to have the whole Dedipath closure behind us, but wonderful to know we made the right choice to go with Crowncloud.