Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Server Needed - [OOS] Armbian Project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Server Needed - [OOS] Armbian Project

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Hello everyone,

Armbian [an open-source project dedicated to providing Linux frameworks for single-board computers] is currently expanding, and we are in need of a new server.

We are looking for a new server that will serve as Armbian's main repository server and will experience occasional spikes in traffic, reaching up to 10 Gbps. In addition, this server will also be responsible for running vital components of our infrastructure.

To ensure that we find the most suitable hosting provider for this project, we're exploring several options. If you are a hosting provider or can recommend one that excels in performance and reliability, we would be grateful for your suggestions. We are also open to paying a part of the monthly payment.

The server specifications we require are as follows:

• Processor: Ryzen 7 3700X or a comparable alternative (Geekbench 5: >=8000)
  • RAM: 64 GB (DDR3/DDR4)
  • Storage: 4x 2 TB NVMe (RAID10)
  • Bandwidth: 10 Gbps @ 324 TB per month

We appreciate any information you can share about the hosting providers that you have had positive experiences with, that might be willing to work with us.

If you are a provider yourself, and think that you'll be able to match our requirements go ahead and contact us via e-mail or video meeting as well as just PMing me!

Thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to hearing your suggestions, and offers.

Best regards,

Rafał Hacuś
Armbian Office Staff

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello check please whatsapp @skorupion

Regards

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @skorupion said:
    Hello everyone,

Armbian [an open-source project dedicated to providing Linux frameworks for single-board computers] is currently expanding, and we are in need of a new server.

We are looking for a new server that will serve as Armbian's main repository server and will experience occasional spikes in traffic, reaching up to 10 Gbps. In addition, this server will also be responsible for running vital components of our infrastructure.

To ensure that we find the most suitable hosting provider for this project, we're exploring several options. If you are a hosting provider or can recommend one that excels in performance and reliability, we would be grateful for your suggestions. We are also open to paying a part of the monthly payment.

The server specifications we require are as follows:

• Processor: Ryzen 7 3700X or a comparable alternative (Geekbench 5: >=8000)
    • RAM: 64 GB (DDR3/DDR4)
    • Storage: 4x 2 TB NVMe (RAID10)
    • Bandwidth: 10 Gbps @ 324 TB per month

We appreciate any information you can share about the hosting providers that you have had positive experiences with, that might be willing to work with us.

If you are a provider yourself, and think that you'll be able to match our requirements go ahead and contact us via e-mail or video meeting as well as just PMing me!

Thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to hearing your suggestions, and offers.

Best regards,

Rafał Hacuś
    Armbian Office Staff

Drop us a PM - We may be able to help :)

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited August 2023

before anyone pings me this is not my alt thank you

also i think imma port mobian to my phone after its mainlined

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @Otus9051 said:
    before anyone pings me this is not my alt thank you

We know. Because in the post it says they are open to paying.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2023

Hey All!

Long time no post here! I wanted to come here on behalf of Armbian and say that the Armbian project now builds an impressive amount of images for varying devices and to do this it requires the time, money, effort of many people and the infrastructure to do so. The main goal of this request is to improve our build pipeline -- the server Armbian is looking for will be used to help collect the images as they are built on our many build servers and distribute them to the number of mirrors that support Armbian all over the world. At current, with the amount of images we are producing, we are hitting bottlenecks, most specifically being able to get the images centralized quickly because we hit the limits of our 1Gbit infrastructure. This is why Armbian is looking for an affordable 10Gbit server, keeping in mind that Armbian is largely community funded and operates on a budget.

I also wanted to take a moment to recognize some of the long term relationships Armbian currently has from LET which have made a difference - both Hosthatch and TNAHosting that are popular here have provided Armbian with both affordable hosting and some of the best support a small non-profit business can ask for when it is needed.

I hope one of you will be the next to make a difference in Armbian!

Thanks so much for your time reading this and if you would like to give back to Armbian and help, I would suggest you subscribe on the Armbian Forum or become an Armbian Partner.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @xTom might be expensive but their uptime is great
    Contabo it is hit or miss

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for The mention.

We can do

Ryzen 9 3900x
    64GB DDR4 RAM
    4x2 TB NVME