Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Reselling Tips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Reselling Tips

I am new to hosting and would like some recommendations regarding reselling servers to make some extra money.

Where exactly should I start and also like to know some good reseller programs.

Comments

• Honestly it’s a highly saturated market, but something that may work is reselling with more support in your native tongue if your in another country or selling with a very common local payment method, for example for the Netherlands that might be ideal. If you can’t have anything that makes you different you will have trouble getting customers unless you have contacts that can get you server resources for cheap.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • I am from India but I am looking for worldwide locations for reselling.

• Isn't summer ending for us?

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    Isn't summer ending for us?

We have rains with thunderstorms at the moment.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

You can resell our USA servers. Contact us for details.

Thanked by 1rahulbose98
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Good for starting reselling VPS:
    http://smarthost.net/vps-pool.php
    or
    http://smarthost.net/resale.php

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1rahulbose98
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

The main 'tip' you need to make sure you have something unique. There is little to no reason to purchase from a reseller without a really good reason to. Another cut & paste reseller host adds nothing.

Price isn't a great differentiator, there are 100s of hosts who are charging almost nothing for a relatively good service.

What is your value add? If you're in a region without many competitors - focus more on their needs (specific payment method, personalised support, local services). If you can't think of one or you don't have one then you need to look at a different type of business.

• Buy High. Sell Higher.

Thanked by 1rahulbose98
  • @LordSpock said:
    The main 'tip' you need to make sure you have something unique. There is little to no reason to purchase from a reseller without a really good reason to. Another cut & paste reseller host adds nothing.

Price isn't a great differentiator, there are 100s of hosts who are charging almost nothing for a relatively good service.

What is your value add? If you're in a region without many competitors - focus more on their needs (specific payment method, personalised support, local services). If you can't think of one or you don't have one then you need to look at a different type of business.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I will surely consider something different from other resellers.

• @Don_Keedic said:
    Buy High. Sell Higher.

That's great to know, but need to plan out things before I proceed with the reselling.