Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do you store images for your website?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where do you store images for your website?

Where do you guys store the images of the site, I'm currently using img.dalao.pro, I don't know if there is a better option, thank you

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Provide more information

Are you asking for a quick and easy site to upload images?

Or is your website big, high-traffic, and you’re looking for a paid image hosting CDN to deliver all over the world?

When you say ”better”, what is it that needs or even should be better?

Thanked by 1Dot
  • I use storage VPS

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

Store it on the same server your website is hosted at. Using external domains can sometimes slow down your site, unless it's on a CDN like Bunny.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I avoid images as much as possible.
    My website logo is the ☀️ emoji, written in Unicode.
    In the blog section, console outputs are pasted as text, not screenshots.
    Electric circuits and network topology diagrams are written as SVG code embedded directly in the webpage.

For the jpg and png images, they are published in the same folder as the blog article.
    Nowadays I use Hexo static site generator.
    In the source folder, the images are in subdirectories with same name as the blog article Markdown file.

Prior to 2014, I used a separate top level domain for serving the images, to avoid the overhead of browser uploading Cookies for image requests.
    This practice is now obsolete because (1) HTTP/2 has header compression so that Cookies aren't uploaded with every request (2) DNS lookup and TLS connection for the cookieless domain would incur additional overhead.

• emghemgh Member

@Advin said:
    Store it on the same server your website is hosted at. Using external domains can sometimes slow down your site, unless it's on a CDN like Bunny.

Many people that would ask such a question likely don’t host their website on a server, but likely on a free static page hosting service that formally don’t allow images, at least in larger quantities.

• MaxRMaxR Barred

@divhello said:
    Where do you guys store the images of the site, I'm currently using img.dalao.pro, I don't know if there is a better option, thank you

I'm not impressed by your website dalao.pro but thanks for sharing your free image hosting solution on LET.
    There are less spammy ways to do link building, so no congrats on your first post.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited August 2023

@divhello said: Where do you guys store the images of the site

If you meant by website images, then it should be on the same server your website is hosted at, so that it could eliminate DNS lookup (request) which could potentially slow down your site.

If you meant the image hosting providers like yours (img.dalao.pro) where you can upload and share it to public, then there are plenty, like imgBB, Imgur, IM.GE, Flickr you name it.