Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How About Hosting A Free WordPress Blog Including Hosting. Is It Possible ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How About Hosting A Free WordPress Blog Including Hosting. Is It Possible ?

There are so many providers offering free web hosting even sometimes related to WordPress and other awesome apps.

Did you ever try such a free provider ? How are your experiences ? Is it worth trying free hosting ? Or are there no free providers with decent quality available ? Please let me know!

Is it possible to somehow guarantee / let you believe it is worth trying such a free provider ? Or is it simple as this: free hosting is always a bad decision ... Just skip those offers!

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Moving to General.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think it depends. People doing it for free speech's sake could be worth it, but sometimes they disappear and leave you hanging.
    Those doing it for ads and to harvest your data are definitely not worth it.

Thanked by 1ispdashboard
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Shared hosting, free or paid, is a bad decision.
    I need to fully control the environment so that my apps can deliver the best performance.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said: I need to fully control the environment so that my apps can deliver the best performance.

I doubt that people looking for free hosting have the skills to squeeze every bit of "juice" like we do. Those who are after the SEO shit can host all their crap out of a few low powered VPSes because need different IP "classes" only and go where they could get those for cheap.

• I used to use nexusbytes free hosting to mess around with some wordpress features. And you know how that ended up lol

Not that I'm complaining. I got plenty of use out of it. But with any free service you have to be ready for it to disappear so no using it for important stuff

• If it's really just a blog, as in, just putting words out there, I'd just use static hosting like Pages (either Cloudflare, GitHub, or GitLab). If you need a feature that's unavailable on static hosting or jamstack, might as well just pay and avoid the headache, if you need more than an hour each month to fiddle & debug the problem with free hosting the time you spend already cost more than paying proper hosting.

@martheen said:
    if you need more than an hour each month to fiddle & debug the problem with free hosting the time you spend already cost more than paying proper hosting.

I'm paying $7 for hosting, yet I'm still spending more than an hour each week to fiddle and debug the problem.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"How To Host Your WordPress Website for Entirely Free for Life"

https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-to-host-your-wordpress-website-for-entirely-free-for-life/

• @yoursunny said:

@martheen said:
    if you need more than an hour each month to fiddle & debug the problem with free hosting the time you spend already cost more than paying proper hosting.

I'm paying $7 for hosting, yet I'm still spending more than an hour each week to fiddle and debug the problem.

Just to let you know ... For 7 Euro I am renting a complete dedicated server per month. 4 vCores, 4GB Memory, and even 128GB SSD storage. So I am wondering what you are getting for 7 USD. Let me know !

• valkvalk Member

@ispdashboard said:

@yoursunny said:

@martheen said:

Just to let you know ... For 7 Euro I am renting a complete dedicated server per month. 4 vCores, 4GB Memory, and even 128GB SSD storage. So I am wondering what you are getting for 7 USD. Let me know !

Are you sure if it's a complete dedicated server? It doesn't make any sense if this so-called "complete dedicated server" has 4 vCores and 4GB RAM.

• LeviLevi Member

@yoursunny said:
    I need to fully control the environment so that my apps can deliver the best performance.

How deep is your control? Do you alter kernel parameters?

• WordPress.com offer free plan to deploy WordPress blog, but free plan can't binding a custom domain. And insert AD in free blogsite.

After that, I move blog to independent hosting,and stop update wordpress.com blog.

Now,I using wp2static to deploy into Cloudflare pages.

• @raindog308 said:
    "How To Host Your WordPress Website for Entirely Free for Life"

https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-to-host-your-wordpress-website-for-entirely-free-for-life/

dont use plugins to edit your site tho, makes a mess.

• @LTniger said:

@yoursunny said:

he alters bios chips.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@LTniger said:

@yoursunny said:

I write Caddyfile and modify systemd parameters.

@Otus9051 said:
    he alters bios chips.

I install I2C sensors so that my room temperature appears on my website.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles