Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchased server ip Lithuania in PQ.Hosting but the provide ip India - what can I do now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Purchased server ip Lithuania in PQ.Hosting but the provide ip India - what can I do now?

mekongmmomekongmmo Member
edited August 2023 in Reviews

I have purchased 2 ip Lithuania, the provide me 103.113.69.11 and 103.113.69.12.
buy-ip-Lithuania

But when I check in whoer.net it's India
ip-india

I have contact support but they don't cancel and make refund to my account balance.
support-reply
support-reply

So what can I do now @pqhosting @pq_hosting @pqhosting1 ?

I have used this supplier more than 2 years and now still have 70 services activate
total-70

Anyone can help me what I can do now?

Comments

• Does the server have low ping to Indian servers or low ping to Lithuanian servers? They probably told you the truth, it's in Lithuania but a geoip database is using old data.

• close to my ISP IP ranges

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Does the server have low ping to Indian servers or low ping to Lithuanian servers? They probably told you the truth, it's in Lithuania but a geoip database is using old data.

I need to use server ip in Lithuanti so that I buy them, but I receive and check it's not the true Lithuanti :s

• @mekongmmo said: So what can I do now

You could spam all of their sales threads and try to be as annoying as possible... oh wait, you already did that.

• The provider has told you what is wrong and why it is wrong.
    Checking (as suggested by provider) ripe it shows LT as country.
    Sno no you should not get a refund because of this, it is simply the way the internet works.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

I hate GeoIP websites.

GeoIP data for IP addresses are based on man-made lists. It's quite possible that whatever tool you're using to check the geolocation for your IP is wrong, using one of the many outdated or poorly maintained GeoIP databases, or something else.

It's also possible they just haven't updated their geofeed or submitted manual updates to the various geoIP databases that exist. Or maybe they accidentally provided you an Indian VPS.

Do a traceroute, see where it goes.

Either way, as with most things in life, patience is key and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Edit: I didn't see your images, they're blocked by my ad-blocker for some reason. Support already told you your answer.

Thanked by 2sillycat brueggus
  • @prince18 said:
    close to my ISP IP ranges

but it's Indian when I check whoer.net

• @tetech said:

@mekongmmo said: So what can I do now

You could spam all of their sales threads and try to be as annoying as possible... oh wait, you already did that.

I have post only this

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@mekongmmo said:

@prince18 said:

Because their database is out of date.

• mekongmmomekongmmo Member
    edited August 2023

@iKeyZ said:

@mekongmmo said:

@prince18 said:

Because their database is out of date.

I check in whoer.net and many many site brother
    https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/103.113.69.12
    another-site

https://browserleaks.com/ip/103.113.69.12
    browserleaks

• Checking different geo DBs provides no proof to anyone because they are all often wrong.

Have the server behind the IP respond to ICMP and then ping it from a server in Lithuania and India to see where its located physically. Thats the only way to really know if you dont trust support

Thanked by 2MannDude PineappleM
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

Either way, as with most things in life, patience is key and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Patience on LET

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2023

Just buy servers directly from that country you need.

• kaitkait Member

@jimaek said: Checking different geo DBs provides no proof to anyone because they are all often wrong.

https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=103.113.69.11 :) All garbage

https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/lookup?source=ripe&key=103.113.69.0 - 103.113.69.255&type=inetnum says Lithuania.

This is the funniest thread so far.

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

From the IP you gave, I can confirm its hosted in Lithuania, only thing is that their IP Geodata is not updated. I remember, its their one of the new location, so probably in couple days it will get updated.

• @mekongmmo

If You check the IP address in the official RIPE database, the location looks like correct (LT). But it has been updated (modified) just recently in "2023-08-09T14:14:04Z".
    So probably need some time (days, weeks) while this information will be updated in the most external IP/GeoIP databases. If someone update their database more rare, it will be more time. I can understand, if it can makes difficulties in many use case. But the provider gave you a correct IP (location). The traceroute also confirm it.

(This is the one of the negative thing from providers who not own their IP ranges (probably these are a leased, rented IP ranges too)).

• It ain't in india I'm getting 25 ping to it from Warsaw

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • moodwritermoodwriter Member
    edited August 2023

Judging by traceroute results and low ping from Latvia those IP are in Lithuania.

p.s. Also you can check from any looking glass in Lithuania - for example https://lg.bite.lt/

Clearly you will see those IP are in same country.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited August 2023

@jimaek said:
    Checking different geo DBs provides no proof to anyone because they are all often wrong.

Have the server behind the IP respond to ICMP and then ping it from a server in Lithuania and India to see where its located physically. Thats the only way to really know if you dont trust support

There's some providers that filter ICMP on their POPs or something like that.
    Would you know where is this server located by just pinging it? 176.124.198.100

Best way in my opinion is just TCP pinging the SSH port (using paping or some public tools such as check-host.net)

• kaitkait Member

@zGato said: Would you know where is this server located by just pinging it?

TCP/UDP traceroute says last hop before that IP is datacamp in the Netherlands so I guess its in the Netherlands or close to it.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • @zGato said:

@jimaek said:
    Checking different geo DBs provides no proof to anyone because they are all often wrong.

There's some providers that filter ICMP on their POPs or something like that.
    Would you know where is this server located by just pinging it? 176.124.198.100

It's in the Netherlands, Amsterdam area

• szymonpszymonp Member
    edited August 2023

Amsterdam area servers have the lowest ping to it

• @mekongmmo do a traceroute or ping and judge by the latency on where the IP address is at, not by geolocation data. I've had OVH IPs for Singapore return France on databases just because OVH is a French company, but the latency was still Singapore. Don't get too fixated on geolocation data.

• Tell them to get a Geofeed so IP geolocation services can update their databases faster. Changing your RIPE country is generally slower than Geofeed updates for a lot of geolocation providers.

• @PineappleM said:
    @mekongmmo do a traceroute or ping and judge by the latency on where the IP address is at, not by geolocation data. I've had OVH IPs for Singapore return France on databases just because OVH is a French company, but the latency was still Singapore. Don't get too fixated on geolocation data.

multiple people already checked and confirmed that it is in lithuania.
    his problem is that he needs lithuanian IP's for a proxy

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@titus said: If You check the IP address in the official RIPE database, the location looks like correct (LT). But it has been updated (modified) just recently in "2023-08-09T14:14:04Z".

So probably need some time (days, weeks) while this information will be updated in the most external IP/GeoIP databases. If someone update their database more rare, it will be more time. I can understand, if it can makes difficulties in many use case. But the provider gave you a correct IP (location). The traceroute also confirm it.

(This is the one of the negative thing from providers who not own their IP ranges (probably these are a leased, rented IP ranges too)).

>

Check https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?bflag=false&dflag=false&rflag=true&searchtext=2a0f:9400:7e11::/48&source=RIPE IP it's on North Korea (KP) so that it's not a good proof , ping it s a good proof

Regards

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

traceroute not geoip databases

• https://check-host.net/check-ping?host=103.113.69.1

This is your gateway,
    Lithuania, Vilnius - 4 / 4 1.7 / 2.2 / 2.9 ms
    So if you needed "proof" that it's physically in Vilnius, LT - here you go.

inetnum: 103.113.68.0 - 103.113.71.255
    netname: STUB-103-113-68SLASH22
    descr: Transferred to the RIPE region on 2023-06-22T13:35:24Z.

APNIC just transfered it to RIPE, so probably PQ just bought this range from
    a reseller like IPXO. Give it some time, or get a VPS from another provider.

Thanked by 1mekongmmo
  • kaitkait Member

@Calin said: Check https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?bflag=false&dflag=false&rflag=true&searchtext=2a0f:9400:7e11::/48&source=RIPE IP it's on North Korea (KP) so that it's not a good proof , ping it s a good proof

Providing false information to geoip database providers is weird but no one cares, putting false information in ripe DB is not smart.

Thanked by 1titus
  • @kait said: putting false information in ripe DB is not smart.

Well the "country" field in the RIR DB has no signifficance at all.
    I can show you dozens of VPN providers, who put fake countries there for many years, wait until GeoIP databases update or contact them to update manually, then sell a "VPN in Antarctica" for gullible users. M247 is a provider known to fake their records deliberatelly, i.e.:
    https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=188.214.122.1