Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent Ryzen/Epyc VPS/BM in Ashburn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent Ryzen/Epyc VPS/BM in Ashburn

stryker09stryker09 Member
edited August 2023 in Requests

Looking for comparable providers to OVH with the least amount of hops to AWS or has the lowest RTT to AWS. Preferably Epyc or Ryzens with min 4 vCPU x 6GB/8GB RAM but more recent Intels I can work with.

Est price I'm looking at is around the 20-40 for VPS and below 95 for dedi/baremetals.

I almost got the 5600X with OVH last month when they had the 50% deal but the Vint Hill boxes came and went so quickly :(

Suggestions?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

SpeedyPage has Ryzen in Ashburn.

Or if you're looking for baremetal, reach out to @qps.

• @DP said:
    SpeedyPage has Ryzen in Ashburn.

Or if you're looking for baremetal, reach out to @qps.

i have tried speedypage in the past but their latencies seem to be higher than usual for my needs, i think they also resell bloom if my theory is correct :)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@DP said: Or if you're looking for baremetal, reach out to @qps.

Thanks for the mention. QuickPacket doesn't have Ryzens in stock at the moment in Ashburn, but feel free to DM me with your specific requirements and we could potentially do a custom build.

• PatriarchPatriarch Member
    edited August 2023

@GTHost also cover Ashburn but no Ryzen
    Don't know if they can do custom build, maybe?

And maybe you can contact Kevin from https://pufferfish.host/
    They do Ryzen in Ashburn

• danblazedanblaze Member
    edited August 2023

If it's a VPS server, HetznerCloud does offer service in Ashburn, and their entire line of servers in the US region are Epyc, which is very nice. The price is also roughly within your budget.

You can check out their official website: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

In the VPS market, to some extent, I do think Hetzner can be compared to OVH, and even more over in terms of configuration.

I've been running some production-ready services with HetznerCloud for a couple months to over a year now, with zero downtime and generous configurations.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@qps said:

@DP said: Or if you're looking for baremetal, reach out to @qps.

Thanks for the mention. QuickPacket doesn't have Ryzens in stock at the moment in Ashburn, but feel free to DM me with your specific requirements and we could potentially do a custom build.

When everyone else says this they mean "I'll price out the server on the most expensive website I can find and then quote you $1500/m." When Jeff says this, magic happens.

Thanked by 2ipguru qps
  • Take a look at Hetzner, 4 vCPU 8GB RAM for € 13.60 / mo

• I would look at Toxihost, they are a new host but I've been using them for a little bit and they've been relatively good depending on how you feel about OVH... They use OVH Epyc dedicated servers in Ashburn/Vint Hill.

They have a VPS plan that would be perfect for you.
    4x vCPU Core
    6GB DDR4 RAM
    80GB SSD storage
    500 mbps
    16.25/m

• @O0ooo said:
    Take a look at Hetzner, 4 vCPU 8GB RAM for € 13.60 / mo

thanks! i signed up with your referral so i can give it a try. from the OS selection it only gives me linux options, can i opt to install my own windows iso?

• @stryker09 said:

@O0ooo said:
    Take a look at Hetzner, 4 vCPU 8GB RAM for € 13.60 / mo

thanks! i signed up with your referral so i can give it a try. from the OS selection it only gives me linux options, can i opt to install my own windows iso?

You can install windows on your own. :#
    You may find this video helpful.